Suggestion for Dragon Talk - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Suggestion for Dragon Talk

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:51 PM

So Dragon Talk live streams are pretty great, but I think they are also pretty short considering how much stuff we get each month. So I think it would be good to not only talk about and show off bigger things or things that would come out in an expansion there, but also to talk about the stuff we get in regular maintenances.

So just talking either about things that were added, or things that are planned to be added soon. Like to make an example here all I had to do is go to last weeks patch notes, there'd be much to talk about there too. For example what was the thought process behind making vaults permanent or how'd emperor woodie come about.

The length of Dragon Talks really doesn't do justice to the amount of things that go in to the game, and it'd be interesting to hear more of the thoughts behind the changes we get every week.

EDIT:

Maybe a good way to go about it would be to first look back at things that were added since the last Dragon Talk, and then for the upcoming stuff talk about for example expansion things. That way there'd be two nice and different sides to it.

Edited by Precrush, 14 June 2016 - 10:56 PM.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

Don't worry about Dragon Talk, no one said that Dragon Talk should only talk about the next expansion.

Dragon Talk is a livestream where we met the Dragon Saga staff and hear about their project or anything they have in mind regarding the game, so if they want to talk about weekly updates, they will !

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:21 AM

Dragon Talk streams are held by Alteris. Alteris is the producer of DragonSaga (he himself said that). So he does the producer stuff and the producer job around DS.

Since he is the producer of the game, he does what all producers do - just talking about the really "big" things like major updates.

That's pretty normal. It's like this in any game title and like in any other game the producer streams are mainly around "big" news.....and sometimes quite short. :p_smile:

The stuff we get in the regular maints all along a month is not Alteris's job, that's the job of a DEV.

If you want to hear somebody talking about all the regular updates we get, the weekly maint stuffs and so on...and the reasons behind things....ask Poppie to do so.

Because "this" is Poppie's job - he is the core and lead DEV of DS.

You could do so in Poppie's QA streams. :p_smile:

Because Alteris is the producer and only knows about things that are interesting for a producer - like reaaally big updates, but Poppie is the Core Dev and so he knows about all the stuff that is interesting for a Dev. (Alteris already told you guys in his streams to ask Poppie for more detailed informations, because "Poppie knows better"..)

So.....if you want to ask DEV related questions (answers, reasons behind, what is going on right now) - ask our Dev. :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 15 June 2016 - 12:22 AM.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:00 AM

Why not worry about it, if I wanna see something I'll ask for it!

I'm sure Alteris is more than capable of talking about everything that gets added in, even if he wasn't involved with it too much. And for example making the vault expansions permanent was definitely something that he deals with. We don't have a 50 person team here, I'm sure information moves quite well.

Q&A has enough content, Dragon Talk doesn't in my opinion.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:56 AM

Hello Guys,

at this point I should maybe clarify some aspects how the updates for DS are done.

The Dragon Talk is mainly done to inform the players about long term updates, big updates like the upcoming Arcadia update.

Most of the smaller maintenance updates/quest changes/bug fixes I am responsible on my own as long as it's nothing regarding IM or could be something essential for the game. For this "smaller" updates Alteris is informed by me right before the maintenance starts to look over it or when I planned them out to let him know that there will be changes. These updates are not long-term planned, these are short-term updates. The same is usually done for the mini-events or for ideas I have for bigger events. 

Alteris is a producer and in this job he has a lot of tasks and responsibilities. He is a hard working man and he has my deepest respect because of this. On the other hand I am sure that Alteris is glad that he is able to delegate development and planning responsibilities to me. I am working hard in my work area too, which is planning and development, also the maintenance preparations, while Alteris is doing the maintenances, means implementing the stuff I prepare weekly. I am also here and available during every maintenance - planned or unplanned - in case that something unforseen happens. And there is Dragonlark our CM. She is responsible for all kind of Community Management like the livestreams, community events (like the screenshot contests), posting announcements and patch notes and so on. And finally we have our supporters which are responsible for the tickets we get from you. Together we are a team - a team which works very good together - where everyone has their own responsibilities which is perfectly fine to take some weight off the shoulders of the other team members.

As for your example with the vaults: On the day Alteris did the Dragon Talk he wasn't aware that we will implement the vaults. The guild vault was known to be bugged and I had some time to work on them because I knew that the community wanted these expansions. I suggested this idea to Alteris and he asked me if it wouldn't be also a good idea to make the normal vaults permanent. I agreed to that and then I immediately worked on the implementation and some days later you guys got it.

As for the question about the Woodie event, the answer is easy. Woodie is liked by many in this game, Woodie is a mascot or as BlackDragonLord said in the other topic "Woodie is life, Woodie is love". And as the ultimate final to the series of the "for president" events World Emperor Woodie was the perfect ending. Also it was just funny thinking that a wooden stump could take over the emperorship in this game. :) Like every of the president events also this one was a purely spontaneous event idea created for you to enjoy. I have to admit that I might be a bit biased Woodie-wise. ;)

Alteris is mainly doing artistic stuff like thinking about designs for the new weapons and he will help with creating side quests for the upcoming Arcadia Update. Also if I request artistic stuff which I am not able to do on my own (my artistic talents are limited) he forwards my request to the artists team. 

How this is done for this game is perfect, because we are able to give you guys constant events and updates without have to go through different instances which would take time. Like Alteris said in the last Dragon Talk, if you want or need more detailed informations on how things are done or why, just ask me. Even though I am not that active on the forums as I was in the past, I am still here to answer your questions as detailed as I am able to.

If you want to have more talks about more infos regarding changes which might be in my mind or we will do, event ideas or background infos etc., you need to talk to our CM if they can make something like this happen in a livestream.

While I am writing this I am preparing today's maintenance and I am sure you will find this week's changes very comfortable. However I won't do any sneak peak now, because I am sure that CM Dragonlark wants to go over them in the today's livestream - however I haven't been informed if the livestream will take place today, but I hope so.

Edit: if you find spelling mistakes, you can collect them. If you collected 1000 of them I will render you a personal Woodie Wallpaper :)

#6 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:52 AM

*Trying too hard XD*

Spoiler

Edited by Rainnowx, 15 June 2016 - 04:53 AM.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

If you collect 1000 of them I will give you a personal Woodie Wallpaper

Render is the correct term here, because this Woodie Wallpaper is actually rendered. :-)

But at least you understand me and I think that is the main goal.

#8 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:52 AM

Truth stays as I failed to collect the wanted 1000 XD

Edited by Rainnowx, 15 June 2016 - 05:52 AM.

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:08 AM

Truth stays as I failed to collect the wanted 1000 XD

You might get them over time. :)

#10 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

Interesting information all around there.

So ye basically how this could then be realized is that you do these small takes on the updates you've worked on Popcorn and then perhaps have Dragonlark present them. Alteris can give his two cents if he has em. Whether you guys think it's worth doing or have the time for it is an other thing, but I think it would be a nice addition to the Dragon talks.

Edited by Precrush, 15 June 2016 - 07:28 AM.

#11 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:39 AM

Hey guys, just want to let you guys know I am going to look into seeing how we can make Dragon Talk a little longer if possible. If nothing else, when possible I am going to try and go over the weekly updates at the beginning of our weekly Dragon Saga Let's Plays (and yes, there will be one today at 10:00 Server Time!). 

#12 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:00 AM

10 Am server time, ohh right...

*Looks at server time*

*It's 9:59*

Pretty good timing! 

#13 Rainnowx