RC budget equips and Stat Progression tips please - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RC budget equips and Stat Progression tips please

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ColdCoffee730

ColdCoffee730

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

Currently lvl 70 sinX

stat allocation:

STR 43

AGI 70

DEX 60

planning to increase str and agi to 90, will 60 dex be enough and any tips for stat progression on a RC build?

current equips are clean HBP,+6HF Jur, Earth Deleter Dragon vest, no accesories and shoes yet(still using eden boots)

also using a +5sidewinder jamadhar.

I farmed eden merrit badges and sold cards to buy the current equips and thinking on getting a RWH any suggestions or inputs on what i should prioritize in saving up for? currently greeding in stalactic golems at comodo atm

(i'm from Thor btw)

#2 SuuHyemee

SuuHyemee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

for accessories you always can get the cat hand gloves when u make the quest at malangdo... its easy only the first part is troublesome... from paying 800k (in chaos) u can get it for free... just stick with tat HF katar of yours now till you reach lvl120... at 120 get your thana katar at ghost palace instance... 

For stats, after u reach 100, start pumping up vit till 70 then up to you if you want to pump straight 120 to any of your stat build preference... getting 120 stats at a lower level can make u the usage of temporal boots... 

Currently new as well i hope tat helps...

#3 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

get 90 agi first, 60 dex is enough, pump your vit until 50-70. when became 3rd class mobbing is the only way leveling. you relying leeching gear proc when mobbing, vit will help tanking mob

consider immune garment for more survivabilty, RWH as default headgear for leveling. accessory vesper core 4 for boost hit rate or rogue treasure if you can afford it. getting variant shoes maybe, it's cheap here(chaos)

#4 ColdCoffee730

ColdCoffee730

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:14 PM

I got 12 eden merit badges I'm trying to save up for a raydric card so that the HBP will have some use other than greed before I get it to +7

planning to go to Nogg at level 100 then try Nogg road, will I have difficulty surviving there if 3x HF jur is the only life leech weapon I have(i dont have fire armor)?

seeing alot suggesting elemental nab(noob here) do i add pasana for example to nab's cloth?

as for the stat build I plan on doing

STR 120 - for HBP and Temporal Str boots

AGI 90 - HBP

VIT 94 - HBP and immunity to stun

DEX 93 - wanted to round it off to 100

it came out to level 156 on the stat calc

been thinking if I should atleast get 120 agi for temp agi boots or just get 100 agi for the aspd

EDIT: where would you suggest farming where EDP will be paying for the poison bottles they costs 20k at thor

Edited by ColdCoffee730, 17 June 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#5 SuuHyemee

SuuHyemee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

I got 12 eden merit badges I'm trying to save up for a raydric card so that the HBP will have some use other than greed before I get it to +7

planning to go to Nogg at level 100 then try Nogg road, will I have difficulty surviving there if 3x HF jur is the only life leech weapon I have(i dont have fire armor)?

seeing alot suggesting elemental nab(noob here) do i add pasana for example to nab's cloth?

as for the stat build I plan on doing

STR 120 - for HBP and Temporal Str boots

AGI 90 - HBP

VIT 94 - HBP and immunity to stun

DEX 93 - wanted to round it off to 100

it came out to level 156 on the stat calc

been thinking if I should atleast get 120 agi for temp agi boots or just get 100 agi for the aspd

EDIT: where would you suggest farming where EDP will be paying for the poison bottles they costs 20k at thor

I would suggest for you to get RWH as well... i have a friend that has problem leeching hp back without rwh in nogg road... 

for me, i was lvling at nogg road from 104 to lvl 126 with rwh n double HF krishna... the hp leech is good... and in nogg road, u just popup edp all the time and you will never need to use pots... i only bring like 20 pots incase the hp leech didnt proc... 

and at nogg road, u will gain more money when using edp... in chaos edp is average 25k... while leveling, per 30 mins (around 10-12 poison bottles) u gain at least 1M zeny... ur cost is only like 250k-300k... u gain 700k there... i gained like 40 mil while i was lvling at nogg road...

btw, i'm not using any fire element armor while lvling at nogg road... the only thing u need to worry after u got all these hp leech is your sp consumption... to counter that, i use a incubus pet... so my hp and sp will never run out wherever i go lvling...

#6 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

BRING CONVERTERS

Converters are a GX's best friend. Throw a water converter on when going to Nogg and watch things go die die

#7 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

Some mobs on Nogg is Shadow element. That's why I prefer stay with neutral weapon rather water endow. But with constant EDP on, I'm sure that's not a problem. Your choice. For me, water endow spending beside poison bottle is too expensive lol.

Anyway, when you 104 you may need constant EDP so you can kill faster and to keep your HP full with leech, but when you reach 110, you don't really need that much EDP. I almost never pop EDP when I reach 115, and when you can equip Thana Katar, Nogg is walk on the park.

If you can't afford Incubus, buy a Nidd garb and swap your HBP with it when your SP low. With Nidd garb + RWH + Incubus Pet I never bring SP items

#8 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:45 AM

No one mentioned Inverse Scale for nogg2? For how cheap it is (and malangdo enchantable), I'd honestly take it over any other katar till 120. <broken record comment here>

#9 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:41 AM

well your hp/sp leech will be crap at lower level,even with +9 RWH / +9 VANA, so removing HF not an option.

my preferences are :

3/4 HF carded weapon + <anycrapboots> Bear power FS7

earth deleter nab fs + nidhogg garb

with 3 hf, your leech would be enough to mob entire screen, and since the mob keep hitting you, it will proc bear power which double your damage quite high (+200 str)

#10 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:03 AM

Guess my age is showing. I leveled to 150 without leech gears in my time. Now, get off my lawn. :v

#11 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

Some mobs on Nogg is Shadow element. That's why I prefer stay with neutral weapon rather water endow. But with constant EDP on, I'm sure that's not a problem. Your choice. For me, water endow spending beside poison bottle is too expensive lol.

Anyway, when you 104 you may need constant EDP so you can kill faster and to keep your HP full with leech, but when you reach 110, you don't really need that much EDP. I almost never pop EDP when I reach 115, and when you can equip Thana Katar, Nogg is walk on the park.

If you can't afford Incubus, buy a Nidd garb and swap your HBP with it when your SP low. With Nidd garb + RWH + Incubus Pet I never bring SP items

Well yes, there's the shadow element, but endows will sometimes put your damage just over the edge. When I got into a Scaraba TI as a GX, endows made the difference between getting 2 TIs in solo in 30 minutes and struggling to finish one TI. You want converters. They're not too expensive if you buy in bulk when the prices are low. Other than my fire converters, I bought about 400 of them 2 years ago and I'm still using them.

#12 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

well your hp/sp leech will be crap at lower level,even with +9 RWH / +9 VANA, so removing HF not an option.

my preferences are :

3/4 HF carded weapon + <anycrapboots> Bear power FS7

earth deleter nab fs + nidhogg garb

with 3 hf, your leech would be enough to mob entire screen, and since the mob keep hitting you, it will proc bear power which double your damage quite high (+200 str)

Nidhoggur garb is a waste, HBP is where it's at when it comes to leveling.

Your SP leech will never be that bad if you have a +9 RWH or Vana, and HBP gives the best bonuses outside of a super specialized FAW, plus Greed is a GXs best friend as greeding your loot and selling it will be what buys you your -_-.

Edited by Joatmon, 22 June 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#13 ColdCoffee730

ColdCoffee730

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:55 PM

So I got free stuff from someone and what I currently have now are

Cursed book

silent executor(gx quest reward)

Nabs cloth - slotted an earth deleter which i got from nogg road  :gg:

3x HF jur

Variant shoes

HBP

2x rogue's trreasure

and I can definitely agree that always keep EDP on. I do runs with bounty boards(deleters and Nightmare) so initially I was using 15+ EDPs per run

I got my poison research to 5 and now am using only 11-12 edp bottles. after overcharge I get around 850-900k from loots only over 15-17minutes of bounty which can definitely cover that cost of having EDP on always.

I just f.wing in with edp then rc, watch bodies drop and my killcount rise. if only Flappy McFirespout and Forkey McPokey was included on the bounty that's and additional 120k+ for rewards.

till what level did you guys stay here in nogg road and where did you guys go after?

iROdb says I can't memo nogg, wanted to make an acolyte to remove the walking and f wing usage to get there and players from thor don't seem to vote for dungeon teleports so anybody have an idea if I can memo near the entrance and set the warp portal there?

Edited by ColdCoffee730, 22 June 2016 - 08:20 PM.

#14 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

Nogg is DUNGEON. It's inside of a cave. You can't memo INSIDE it. You CAN memo right outside the cave entrace (yuno_fild03).

dhRrueL.png

I did magma 2 on my GX from 100-110. I was fortunate enough to hit 110 on him when our mid TI was really easy to solo as GX with RC so stopped doing magma at 110 and I did Mid TI until 125. Once I hit 125 I went straight to Scarabs 2 - I'm 147 now and still at scarabs. It's the best place. But otherwise magma 2 is good until you can do scarabs (have enough hit for them).

Here's another great map to level as an RC GX:

http://db.irowiki.or...nfo/man_fild03/

Hillsrion cards are $$$$ and it's a super easy map.

In regards to endowing water in magma 2 - you need to understand that 4 of the 6 mobs down there ARE fire property. Endowing with a water scroll is just as cheap as using EDPs and you will still be making profit even when you use them as well - so use them and don't sit here and try to say stuff like "well there's a couple shadow guys down there too" - they don't matter, they will die too just like everything else.

It's because the majority of monsters down there are fire that makes it worth it...if it was any less than 4 then it would be a different story.

PGGL9IJ.png

My setup is as follows:

+9 Peerless Rideword Hat (Marduk Card - this is the best all around card as you will never get silenced and there's honestly nothing else to put in a RWH that's useful...idc what anyone else says)

Dark Blinder (When you get blinded your hit and flee both get reduced by 50% and if you have a mob on you when you become blind you will die. I use to carry around Green Pots to alleviate this problem but sometimes the mobs I had on me were SO big that even in the time it takes me to react and use a greet pot I'd still die - it's easier to just wear a dark blinder and never have to worry about it...ever....period.)

Bloodsucker (This is definitely NOT a must-have item but it's useful and I bought mine when they were much cheaper...like 250m. I think they're like 400m now so it's not really ideal to buy one at this time. They're very helpful for the additional HP leech but like I said not necessary and they don't really mean the difference between life and death...just makes you use fewer less emergency pots when the time comes to need them. What you can wear alternatively is a Well Chewed Pencil for more +hit...aside from that your only other option is a pirate dagger or gangster scarf)

+4 Nab's Cloth of Wild Cat with Fighting Spirit 1, 2 and 3 (that's +27 atk and +9 hit) (This was incredibly cheap it only cost me 20m I think for the empty armor with FS 1/2/3 and it's basically the best thing you can wear until you hit max level. The +9 hit helps you get closer to being able to hit scarabas and the atk from the procellio card and FS enchants makes you leech back more HP so this is both a great offensive and defensive item)

+7 Malicious Thanatos Katar (this is the best like everyone says, get one when you are 120)

+9 Immune Heroic Backpack (a lot of people will argue that FAW is better to get but you can pretty much ignore them all - HBP is the best hands down because you will make use of 3 of its bonuses - My GX has 100 str 100 agi and 90 vit so he's getting all those bonuses from the HBP and being able to greed your mountain of loot after decimating mobs with RC before fly winging away is basically how you're gonna make money/save money/recoup money back on all the gears you buy for yourself. Also a HBP is universal...any character can use an immune HBP but FAW is specialized and they are either for caster class, melee class or ranged class meaning if you buy one for your GX it's gonna be completely useless for all your other characters and besides everyone running around with FAWs look like private server scrubs with wings)

For boots I'm using a bit of an unusual setup...I have temporal luk boots with lucky day and attack delay 4 on them (they belong to my crit RK). Let me start by pointing put that at this point what temp boots you use don't even matter because leveling any stat to 120 before hitting 150+ is completely and utterly stupid. Leveling any stat over 100 becomes very expensive and once your agi and str are between 90-100 you really need to be getting your vit and dex up, NOT pushing your str and agi further. What matters on the boots is their enchants and here's why lucky day and attack delay 4 are awesome. Rolling cutter is ASPD based so having the attack delay 4 on my boots means I can RC faster which means I do more DPS and leech back HP/SP faster. Additionally, when lucky day procs (and it does ALL THE TIME - you basically have 100% lucky day uptime when spamming RC) you get 200 luk which in renewal gives 100 atk...this 100 atk from 200 luk is also making you kill faster and leech more HP/SP and the lucky day proc has no negative activation cost like bears power does (which sucks SP or something). 200 Luk also gives you 20 perfect dodge so they're also providing you some defense. Lastly, when lucky day procs enemies you kill have a chance to drop treasure boxes which OC for close to 200k zeny. I get about 4 treasure boxes an hour so that's a bit of additional zeny to pay for things like EDPs and aloe leaves.

So yes in short I'm wearing the totally wrong boots because of its 2 enchants and it just happens to work out well for me. I guess if you don't want people to think you're stupid or crazy or a noob then sure, get Temporal Str boots with Bears Power and attack delay 4.

Lastly accessories...like people have mentioned already in this post just get the vesper core that gives hit so you can hit scarabs. Once you have money for rogues treasures, get 2 of them. You will have both 90 str and 90 agi and wearing 2 of them will double-activate their bonuses. That's 20 hit 20 atk 20 flee and 20 crit (everything here is awesome except the crit...crit is useless since you're RCing).

Here's a screenie of my setup for stat/gear reference.

71rvLn4.jpg

Edited by trljason, 22 June 2016 - 10:44 PM.

#15 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:33 PM

well you cant go wrong with aspd or lucky day, both are nice and useful for gx.

but in the end of day, you'll have enough point for 120 stats (at 175 you can even go  for 120 agi & str)

so having appropriate boots would be better in the long run

Edited by folkvangr, 22 June 2016 - 10:34 PM.

#16 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

well you cant go wrong with aspd or lucky day, both are nice and useful for gx.

but in the end of day, you'll have enough point for 120 stats (at 175 you can even go  for 120 agi & str)

so having appropriate boots would be better in the long run

Yeah I 100% agree at 175 you should have 120 str or agi and use either temp agi or temp str boots. But prior to 150 having any stat above 100 is really expensive and you have other things you could use more of like vit and dex.

#17 ColdCoffee730

ColdCoffee730

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

wow thank you so much for the input guys esp to trljason. I like picture guides :thx:

hope beginners like me get a chance to check out this thread to read on the info you guys shared :thx:

#18 Ashhen

Ashhen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

I would love is someone can make a 50-100m gear set up cause for me that is new to iro I find really hard to see a 1b zeny set up be call budget. Is that easy to make billions on a renewal class?

#19 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:07 AM

Yes/No, depends on if you use cash shop, gamble on the market, or go MVPing.

My 100m budgeted gears for GX:

Malicious Thanatos Katar (30m)

Nab's cloth and Nab's hood (6m) with whatever fs enchants you can get yourself doing mora dailies for a week. 

Temporal Str Boots (5-10m) -- no enchants

Rideword Hat (50m)

Spend rest on EDP. 

That's 91-96m on current prices from ragial, with 4m on EDP. 

Then go spam your rolling cutter button. 

#20 Ashhen

Ashhen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:26 AM

Nab's cloth and Nab's hood (6m) with whatever fs enchants you can get yourself doing mora dailies for a week. 

Rideword Hat (50m)

Spend rest on EDP. 

Tkns for the build

#21 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:27 AM

Rideword Hat (50m)

Spend rest on EDP. 

You should have invested only for the Card and not the weapon since it's easy to complete the Ghost Palace Instance with any character, with 3-5 rounds you may have the 200 shards for get the katar.

#22 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

^ I don't disagree, but then you can make your own nab's cloth with mora dalies too. I just listed stuff you'd need to go right now and their respective price for sub 100m. 

If you want to supplant the 20m spent on the katar to purchase safe certs to +7 it, I would not disagree with that either. 

#23 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:42 AM

Yeah i also agree with making the katar +7 and getting the nab (enchanted if posible) by doing mora dalies, and reserve a low budget for buy some consumables like Guarana Candy and STR foods as they are very cheap and useful supplies without forget your Poison Bottles.

#24 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:47 AM

for early leveling, any bear power boots with attack delay would be better (luk/agi) are under 20m, just check ragial regularly

you will mob alot with RC and those +200 str really good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users