Input Delay Issue - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Input Delay Issue

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

As of 2 weeks ago (after June 3 Maintenance), oftentimes, when I input something like chatting, using skills and items, and many more, it took me from 5 seconds to a massive 5 minute delay before the input will respond. And even if I use any anti-lag applications (Leatrix, Pingzapper, WTFast, Lowerping, etc.), still my input is delayed, regardless on which map I am. But as for the output, it seems fine and even my homun AI acts as configured. I experienced this both during leveling, chatting with friends, and trying to move my gene to other position, separately. I also changed ISPs because maybe it was the ISPs problem but still the same thing happen. Also reinstalling doesn't fix the issue either.

In case anyone didn't get my problem, here are some sample (but not exact) situations:

Scenario 1:

Spoiler

Scenario 2:

Spoiler

EDIT: some typos...

Edited by Jeneeus, 15 June 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:00 AM

Please paste a tracert log here.
Is the lag constant or happens at certain hours/days?

How to take a tracert:
Spoiler

#3 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

Not sure if it is considered as lag since monsters, my homunculus, and other players around me are moving with no lag whatsoever. Only my own character responds very late to my input is the only problem. I tried to change PCs too but still the same result (and makes worse). As for the time, it happened randomly at anytime, both peak and off-peak hours (from 7am to 2am GMT+8).

As for the tracert:

Spoiler

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

Thank you.
There is nothing unusual in the tracert log.

Are you on a wireless connection? If yes then wireless connections are generally unstable for gaming. Also please check if you have background activity eating your bandwidth PC or LAN wise. 

#5 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

In my initial PC, yes I used wireless connection but the 2nd PC I tried to use is a wired connection and have worse connection than the 1st one and I disabled both PCs auto-updates and other background activities (aside from ping reducer applications). But I'll try to check again today since maintenance happened earlier. :thx:

#6 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:00 PM

It seems the delay is still there. No background activities, including anti-virus software and Windows updates, already used wired connection on both 2 PCs, using 2 different ISPs, and even went to several places like internet shops and establishments that have way faster WiFi connection, already used way too many lag reducer applications, and also even upgrading the internet speed by ISPs and still delay happens. And also I try to play other games and visit every other sites and only this is the onle I have problem with connectivity.

And it seems I misunderstood once again. What I'm trying to say is I'm not lag when receiving attacks, buffs, messages from others but I can't respond to them immediately.

Long story short, my problem is in sending data and all fine and no problem in receiving data.

Again tracert and no problems whatsoever.

Spoiler

I only have around 5 days left for my VIP and I can't manage to level up my characters properly thanks to this. I even killed by a single level 50 monster using a level 148 character while watching it attacking me with no delay.

#7 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:27 AM

I've had a similar problem before.  

Low battery on the mouse and the keyboard was the cause once(rechargeable battery not charging properly). 

A stuck key on the numpad keyboard the other one.  It was almost unnoticeable but after trying every key I found the culprit. 

Also, my audio and video cards play up sometimes and causes problems like the ones you mentioned.  Resetting the pc or reinstalling drivers helped on those cases.

Now that I read all this, I think technology hates me.

Edited by Aizenath, 20 June 2016 - 01:30 AM.

#8 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:38 AM

I've had a similar problem before.  

Low battery on the mouse and the keyboard was the cause once(rechargeable battery not charging properly). 

A stuck key on the numpad keyboard the other one.  It was almost unnoticeable but after trying every key I found the culprit. 

Also, my audio and video cards play up sometimes and causes problems like the ones you mentioned.  Resetting the pc or reinstalling drivers helped on those cases.

Now that I read all this, I think technology hates me.

My problem is way too different though. It's not a hardware problem since I tried different PCs and all things are fine. No baterry mouse (wired), no stuck keys (no NumPad on my main PC), and no audio and video problem. Only the response to the game, no problem to any hardware whatsoever even a single thing.

#9 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:21 AM

Try to seek out suggestions from Axylus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users