Improve the external chat window. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Improve the external chat window.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

So there's this button in the top right corner of the chat that opens an external chat window. That window however does not work at all, it doesn't show incoming messages, you can't switch the chat tabs you see or which ones you talk in. It also doesn't look very good, looks like it was just thrown in there and never completed (surprising?).

I'd use it to chat chat easier for example while farming my productions and doing something else on the computer. It'd be pretty nice to have a smaller window that I could easily determine the position of on my screen while doing projects or watching something. Some Players running the game windowed would probably also find it useful for reducing the user interface size but not missing out on the chat.

So I propose making the external chat window actually work, adding all the missing functionality, and then possibly improving its look

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

Is anyone even interested in an external chat window ? :heh:

#3 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

I've never actually tried using it, myself. I personally use the program DisplayFusion to keep the game full-screen while I use my secondary moniter.
I'll confess to something, just for fun. I'm using the computer of another player, who I grew up with until I can get a new one. XD
Anyways, back on topic! Once all the work from Arcadia and the summer event is done, Popcorn may get some time to look into it.

#4 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:20 PM

I  would love to be able to use that chat window as well when im doing my production and doing something else at the same time. I like this idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users