Need help with a newbie RK build - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with a newbie RK build

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 agren

agren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

Hello! I started playing about a week ago, and I decided to make a knight. From what I gather, he will eventually become a Rune Knight. So I took a look at some guides on the forums, as to how I can choose what stats to add and equipment to get.

So, the problem is that I`m brand spankin' new at this game, so I don't have gazzilions of zenny to spend on  the items that are recommended. Actually, all I have right now is just a little over 1m zenny. If I go all out and try to farm as many stems and poison spores and stuff as I can, I think I can get another 3~4 m. So, lets say my budget is 5m zenny.

What should I do? I`m currently lvl 84 knight, and have been using just the eden equipment, and leveling at comodo doing some stalactite golem bountys. How can I optimize my character to progress as fast as possible? What equipment should I be looking for?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

firstly you need to understand that in renewal server (what server are you?) theres an EXP penalty if your level is 15 lvl more than the monster you kill. Stalac. Golem is lvl 68+15 = 83

do the Juno bounty, you get better loots & chance to get EMB if you do all monster. Or Geffen+GH bounty is good too.

for EQ 1stly get a Vidar's Boot, try to get Hellfire spear or Muramasa 2h sword depending on what build you are.

when you are lvl 85++ do the Gramps TI for faster lvling.

#3 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

Use the Eden merit badges that you get for doing all of the monsters on a bounty board (or gramps ti) to exchange for reset stones. Sell those stones to people in Eden for like 5m a pop. It will allow you to level decently while making some zeny.

#4 agren

agren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

Wow! I was pretty sure that I would't get any responses after a week. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, guys!

Kirinkishi808,

I'm now at level 94, and I managed to get a Hellfire Spear. I had no idea about the level gap penalty! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Although I'm not sure that I can handle any monsters that are within 15 levels below mine now. I was leveling at ground petites, doing the geffen bounty board quest + gramps quest together. How much does a Vidar's Boot cost?

Undying,

I wish I knew how important merit badges are when I started! I'm gonna check the forums for a guide on how to make a reset stone. Thanks for the tip! I might try to do some board bountys with a newer character, since the ones at my level are really hard right now.

Thanks again for the help!

#5 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Make a merchant then pm me in forum. I will give you some ET/MVP loots if you have time to vend.

#6 Gaicoz

Gaicoz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPorto Alegre
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

If you want to level together with me PM here, we can chat on Steam,Facebook or something else buddy  :no1:

#7 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:46 AM

I'm now at level 94, and I managed to get a Hellfire Spear. I had no idea about the level gap penalty! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Although I'm not sure that I can handle any monsters that are within 15 levels below mine now. I was leveling at ground petites, doing the geffen bounty board quest + gramps quest together. How much does a Vidar's Boot cost?

if you are doing ground petite, you might as well do evil druid, wraith & maybe dark priest. FYI all these monster are weak to fire element.

To safely do Dark Priest you must have a Bathory carded armor or dont bother trying. Bathory card is around 1m. Put it in glittering jacket that you can get from D. Priest it will help you in the long run.

For item price you can check Ragi.al >> http://ragi.al/searc...O-Renewal/vidar

#8 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:19 PM

firstly you need to understand that in renewal server (what server are you?) theres an EXP penalty if your level is 15 lvl more than the monster you kill. Stalac. Golem is lvl 68+15 = 83

do the Juno bounty, you get better loots & chance to get EMB if you do all monster. Or Geffen+GH bounty is good too.

for EQ 1stly get a Vidar's Boot, try to get Hellfire spear or Muramasa 2h sword depending on what build you are.

when you are lvl 85++ do the Gramps TI for faster lvling.

Nice.

BTW, would a Hellfire be better than a Veteran's Sword? I'm still a knight and learning about LKs/RKs.

I'm imagining that LKs would be spamming BB to lvl 99. Or is a spear build faster for low budget builds of LK/RK?

#9 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:10 AM

Veteran Sword because it increases the BB damage. Leveling as sword BB Knight/LK is faster than spear because they can do mob leveling better & faster.

a better weapon than Vet. Sword is a Red Twin Edge of Naght Sieger carded with 3 HF card + Valk/Immune shield carded with Ogretooth/Hodremlin card.

#10 agren

agren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

Thank you so much for your generous offer! I'll be PMing you in a couple seconds. xD

Gaicoz,

:boogie: Yaay, new buddeh. xD PM comin' in 3, 2, 1.. I don't have a social FB or a steam ACC, but I'm sure we can reach eachother here and in-game. =)

KirinKishi808,

Dewd, golden tips. Thanks so much. Workin' on that bathory jacket!

tubers,

Piercing and Brandish-spearing stuff is so much fun, though xD

#11 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

if you are doing ground petite, you might as well do evil druid, wraith & maybe dark priest. FYI all these monster are weak to fire element.

To safely do Dark Priest you must have a Bathory carded armor or dont bother trying. Bathory card is around 1m. Put it in glittering jacket that you can get from D. Priest it will help you in the long run.

For item price you can check Ragi.al >> http://ragi.al/searc...O-Renewal/vidar

Actually, Bathory does help but it isn't necessary.  I leveled most of my characters at Dark Priests long before I got one.

#12 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:00 PM

Veteran Sword because it increases the BB damage. Leveling as sword BB Knight/LK is faster than spear because they can do mob leveling better & faster.

a better weapon than Vet. Sword is a Red Twin Edge of Naght Sieger carded with 3 HF card + Valk/Immune shield carded with Ogretooth/Hodremlin card.

Nice.

You mean Twin Edge with Hunter Fly? What's HF? 

Won't the Veteran Sword out-damage the Twin Edge?

If I also have a gene.. think they could share a Twin Edge hunterfly or does hunter fly not work on cart cannons?

Would a x3 Kingbird Red Twin Edge be good for an LK/RK?

Thank you so much for your generous offer! I'll be PMing you in a couple seconds. xD

Gaicoz,

:boogie: Yaay, new buddeh. xD PM comin' in 3, 2, 1.. I don't have a social FB or a steam ACC, but I'm sure we can reach eachother here and in-game. =)

KirinKishi808,

Dewd, golden tips. Thanks so much. Workin' on that bathory jacket!

tubers,

Piercing and Brandish-spearing stuff is so much fun, though xD

Brandish seem awesome because it doesn't have the annoying gutterline factor and a larger AOE.

I am so confused on what to aim for as an RK. I prefer an efficient build and equips for leveling.

Do LKs/RKs have builds and equip sets like the amazing cheap ranger that gets massive efficiency with only a white wing set and elven bow that both aren't really upgraded very high?

#13 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

You mean Twin Edge with Hunter Fly? What's HF? 

yes this one>> [item='4115']

Won't the Veteran Sword out-damage the Twin Edge?

the vet. sword have only 1 card slot & you cant wear a shield, RTE have 3 card slot & you can wear a shield. The survivability on RTE+shield overcome the damage increase on Vet. sword.

Plus, the Violet Fear & Thanatos Great Sword makes the Vet. Sword absolute with its 275 & 280 wATK.

If I also have a gene.. think they could share a Twin Edge hunterfly or does hunter fly not work on cart cannons?

Would a x3 Kingbird Red Twin Edge be good for an LK/RK?

HF card does work on CC as much as they work on RK's Dragon Breath & Ignition Break because they are all physical damage. For gene its better carded with 3 AS card.

RTE with 3 AS is not ideal for LK/RK because AS card does not increase BB damage.

I am so confused on what to aim for as an RK. I prefer an efficient build and equips for leveling.

Do LKs/RKs have builds and equip sets like the amazing cheap ranger that gets massive efficiency with only a white wing set and elven bow that both aren't really upgraded very high?

Unfortunately for RK they do not have such things. The most efficient way for RK is IB+BB untill you are lvl 130++ and then switch to full DB build. Or you can do a hybrid BB+IB+DB for fun build by skipping Water DB.

#14 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:42 PM

Actually I regret, that I leveled with Triple HF RTE + Shield. Took super long and I still needed good chunk of pots, because of the lack on multi hit aoe (except BB... but its stil meh at higher levels)

My second RK i leveled the same way with a +9 HF/HF Violet Fear with Fighting Spirit 6/5 and Parry. Pot usage and survival was about the same, leech was a lot better though because I did more damage. + I could use Single Target moves with more Power (Sonic Wave and Clashing) and decently auto attack. (Ref: 150/50 Patch > Grind 132 > 150 at Scarba Hall 2. And yes, I could kill Scaraba Queen with this setup also)

I think with the Thanatos Greatsword now, it is even easier.

#15 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:27 AM

Thanks.

BB+IB build has only 1 agi right?

STR VIT INT DEX?

Actually I regret, that I leveled with Triple HF RTE + Shield. Took super long and I still needed good chunk of pots, because of the lack on multi hit aoe (except BB... but its stil meh at higher levels)

My second RK i leveled the same way with a +9 HF/HF Violet Fear with Fighting Spirit 6/5 and Parry. Pot usage and survival was about the same, leech was a lot better though because I did more damage. + I could use Single Target moves with more Power (Sonic Wave and Clashing) and decently auto attack. (Ref: 150/50 Patch > Grind 132 > 150 at Scarba Hall 2. And yes, I could kill Scaraba Queen with this setup also)

I think with the Thanatos Greatsword now, it is even easier.

Interesting. Why VF? I heard some say TGL is much better.. i remember 2H are actually bad builds or do they mean 2h is bad for end game because shields are a must?

#16 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:24 AM

+9 Tae Goo is great for Dragon Breath, but Aint giving you better results (except maybe a bit while mobbing because of the +10 Perfect dodge) for IB+BB Damage output.

BB do have a 0.35 Fixed cast time so you wont really decrease the DPS with BB with a +9 Tae Goo. If you need Extra P dodge and want Parry to stay active, you can also just switch in and out a Death Guidance.

Except the +25 more wATK, you also get Defense Pierce by a quite high chance which helps out a lot while leveling on normal non Boss Protocol monsters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users