Is there a new china server opened or something? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a new china server opened or something?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ling90

ling90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:51 AM

Right now RO has 3k viewers on Twitch which is rare and all of them are from China server, anyway this is good because RO can get more attention on Twitch 

7zjkcee.jpg?1

4gZ9RO2.jpg?1

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

It's suggested that Dream Square might revive cRO, but I haven't heard much progress in that direction since the last cRO shut down.

#3 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

basically KRO HQ took back the management rights from gamefliers (TWRO), and merged TWRO and CRO together to a company directly runs under Korean Gravity

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

basically KRO HQ took back the management rights from gamefliers (TWRO), and merged TWRO and CRO together to a company directly runs under Korean Gravity

Source? Their SEC report stated that Gravity would be managing their games specifically in the Taiwan, Macau, and Hong Kong regions. Didn't see anything about them taking over all of China as well.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 20 June 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#5 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

Either way, that is legitimately the most viewers for Ragnarok Online I have seen on Twitch.

If only the popularity of it on twitch could be kept up consistently. Normally it's practically dead.

Edited by Toxn, 20 June 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

I would assume they only have that many views because cRO is dead and they don't want to play on twRO.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 20 June 2016 - 05:57 PM.

#7 Zeraphy

Zeraphy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

This sounds like great news! But I wonder if it is good practice to further split the servers by geographical region. iRO player numbers have been trending downwards and the server would die rapidly once it looses its critical mass. 

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

This sounds like great news! But I wonder if it is good practice to further split the servers by geographical region. iRO player numbers have been trending downwards and the server would die rapidly once it looses its critical mass.

Go check out iRO2. They're currently supporting the Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Brazil, Europe, and Indonesia regions on one lone server and it's not working out very well.

#9 Zeraphy

Zeraphy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

Good point! But if you're referring to RO2 then it could be that the game that's not doing too well and not the centralized server. I'm not sure though. In any case I do hope that there is some kind of revival for RO globally.  :ok:

#10 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

#makerogreatagain

#11 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

Go check out iRO2. They're currently supporting the Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Brazil, Europe, and Indonesia regions on one lone server and it's not working out very well.

the only reason iro2 isnt doing well is because its a generic bland boring piece of................kids make better mmos on mobile apps,,,,,,,the game it self is an insult to gamers.......

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:50 PM

Good point! But if you're referring to RO2 then it could be that the game that's not doing too well and not the centralized server. I'm not sure though. In any case I do hope that there is some kind of revival for RO globally.  :ok:

Just because more of the world is on a single server, that doesn't necessarily equate to more players. The people who are asleep when you play will still be asleep when you play so it's not like everyone will magically get on at the same time. And of course, there's always the WoE schedule issues, which will always be catered to the publisher's timezone first and foremost.

#13 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:53 PM

More players for the Chinese servers/private servers/any server that isn't iRO

#14 napierliang

napierliang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:56 PM

Hi guys. These twitchers are come from TwRo(taiwan RO). Because, a few days ago, the owner of our serve transfered Gravity to Korea company, amounts of people returned to play RO. All people in 3 serve is up to 25000.

The Eden is crowded by novice, and the hunter exam is too many people to complete it.  (http://ppt.cc/78TAz

I had waited to exam about 1 day. We laugh it as once a year Hunter exam in HUNTERX HUNTER :D Hope we wouldn't meet Hisoka (http://www.twword.co...21/818848_1.jpg

And if u want to look the twitcher played RO, i recommend a cute girl, her voice is nice. and there is the warp portal.http://ppt.cc/p2kjJ

#15 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

Woah that is the first quindecuple post I've ever seen here.

#16 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:39 AM

And if u want to look the twitcher played RO, i recommend a cute girl, her voice is nice. and there is the warp portal.http://ppt.cc/p2kjJ

sDa1mb8.gif

#17 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

ARGHHH I cannot unsee that ^

"she" is not online right now... got any real pic?

#18 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:58 AM

Item dupe bugs and bot hunt "protocol" should be fixed, so WP can recall all old players with a good marketing.

#WPTEAM1 where are you ?

#19 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:02 AM

^ :v Nice to see my artwork of my Ranger, Rhea being used as someone's avatar lol.... 

#20 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:43 AM

Just got a random image on google until I find my usual avatar :)

#21 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

^ :v Nice to see my artwork of my Ranger, Rhea being used as someone's avatar lol.... 

Your ranger has really nice mustaches. :thumb2:

#22 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

I wish i could play a english server with more than 10k players but people from West can't play other games except *MOBAs*/* input bad fps's here*

:sob:

Edited by Hissis, 24 June 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#23 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

I wish I could play classic version of RO with a good ping and well populated, don't matter if everything is chinese or any language.

TW RO have 70k followers on Facebook while iRO have 158k. WP only need to want it, a lot of bugs was fixed and bot search is more effective than 3 years ago, with low ping servers, bug optimization and low bot population a basic marketing would bring back tons of old RO players since the "RO spiritual sucessor game" is broken and will need months to become "playable".

Edited by xSwain, 24 June 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#24 napierliang

napierliang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

....with low ping servers, bug optimization and low bot population a basic marketing......

HAHA! As a ro player, we all think the same thing. TwRO also had a long silent time to no new player joining, until today. But although transfering to Gravity, its all piece of -_-! The BOT is flying all the map of the spore&savage area, and we already have maintenance in continuous three days, but the bug still exist...XD    In TwRO, we all say iRO is more fun to play because of less BOT. And we dont have BBQ and TI, its the most important point I dont want to play. No BBQ means we got less money and exp in the game. In ur forums, novice always asks how they can earn the 1.25B to rebirth. So...Each have their own problems. At least, just have fun, untill we all leave RO. ;D

#25 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

HAHA! As a ro player, we all think the same thing. TwRO also had a long silent time to no new player joining, until today. But although transfering to Gravity, its all piece of -_-! The BOT is flying all the map of the spore&savage area, and we already have maintenance in continuous three days, but the bug still exist...XD    In TwRO, we all say iRO is more fun to play because of less BOT. And we dont have BBQ and TI, its the most important point I dont want to play. No BBQ means we got less money and exp in the game. In ur forums, novice always asks how they can earn the 1.25B to rebirth. So...Each have their own problems. At least, just have fun, untill we all leave RO. ;D

Well,at least people from twRO can have a good PVP/WOE since the server is so populated.

PVP is 95% dead here and WoE is walking to the same boat but yeah,we should have fun or at least try...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users