Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

https://youtu.be/DUkqqmYR0vY For gc play. The actual game play is sub par, but pretty obvious for why I picked this clip.

GC isn't bad. Pumpkins to pot and sp only for gc. Mental potions are great too and only use the level of gc needed to kill. No zipper bears. Sp gear > hp gears ect. Takes some work but gc is very good for solo pvm.

Pally is just close to me and easy to find examples. Why is sinx poison so utterly useless? Let's do something to make smiths viable in woe ect. Class specific gear all the way. It's a great idea but other stuff need to be done first :(

#27 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

You're right, GC isn't HORRIBLE but I feel like it could use some help.

Some class/skill specific gear/cards would be nice. I feel like the current class card sets could be re-thought and maybe make new card sets specific for trans class?

I don't know the answer, but I do like your ideas.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:52 AM

for renewal they had a project where they made some hats for niche/underused builds - I guess classic lacks hat sprites but wouldn't it be cool if something like that was possible here?

#29 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

accessories can be a cool guy or just sets in general mixing groups of items

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

I was thinking maybe custom card sets?

Well none of this means anything if the staff are only catering to #mobacrew

I think season things like the alchemist reset are important too in order to work with those persistent players. I get the whole idea of not wanting to log in and pot... it's not fun. But ultimately there was a good reason for the reset (something something illegal alchemist something banned something unbeatable points) and it makes sure that only relevant players are on the list: I bring this up because having something to work on / show for your work is part of feeling / being relevant.

I just wish there was something on the horizon for those types of players to aim to do.

Edited by Xellie, 07 July 2016 - 01:01 PM.

#31 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

I can always come here and find this thread, made by Xellie, even if it isn't this thread.

And I can always come here and say, again, what it comes down to is server side software.  It's old, it's inefficient, it's buggy, it lacks balance.  Fix it, balance it, and RO is a good game, no need for custom events or new content.

That's because RO fills a niche that isn't replicated anywhere else.  If you want the RO experience, you must get it from RO.  It may not be a million dollar idea, but it should be enough to base a successful business around.  When, if you go to kRO campitor, you need to get them to rework the server code.  The client can sit as it is, in fact, the non-renewal client is better in some aspects, since simpler is better, but whatever.  But the server has to fix things like position lag, mapserver information loss, and exploits related to client side hacks.  If you do that, people will come back.  I won't, but that fact has nothing to do with Xellie.  Rather, you owe me a level 99 LK with my weapon collection plus some of my alts on classic.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:55 AM

I'm bored. This topic explains why.

#33 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

What does VIP on classic does? Maybe giving a 3-day VIP when achieving something can boost the morale for anyone playing on classic or is it no?

For players who like to PVP, why not make some maps PK-enabled? With this people don't need to wait for WOE or go to PVP rooms which is sometimes annoying.

MVP hunting? Make the drop rate for MVP less like 80% less chance than the original but with spawn time halved.

Social interaction is there no need to further change something in-game for it.

Bots? Leave them be.  :heh: They are nothing but bugs.

#34 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

Bump, even if there is limited content that can be put in Classic please consider these player categories posted in OP.

Could be a good guide on deciding what to put and what to do for Classic.

#35 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

PVP/WOE based players are all gone from Renewal lol

#36 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Bump, even if there is limited content that can be put in Classic please consider these player categories posted in OP.

Could be a good guide on deciding what to put and what to do for Classic.

When I started playing Classic for a short time, I was told by Oda that we can't add a lot to Classic because most stuff is "baked in." But what if iRO asked kRO for the tools to reverse-engineer the client so that we could add new content? This would open the door wide open for players of all kinds. We could update quest rewards, create new maps to explore, new monsters to kill, equipment to hunt, quests to do, put in WoE:TE, etc.Then Classic would only be limited to the GMs abilities. And with the Compass Rose Developer Q&A, there's really no reason we (iRO) couldn't ask.

As for me, I think I'd fit best as #4, when I was playing on the Classic server. In all honesty, I'd be completely happy doing some of the stuff a lot of you think are redundant and boring, like spending some time potting, or gathering mats, etc. I just found it unbearable to log in much any more.

#37 SexRaptor

SexRaptor

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

This post saddens me, I come back after being away for a looooong time, and my favorite game seems dead :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users