It was not discussed it Pegasus. Leveling for newbies is harder now. - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

It was not discussed it Pegasus. Leveling for newbies is harder now.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 JRTorres

JRTorres

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

I just noticed, it is much harder to level as a newbie now after the Paradigm shift. Even with buffs and self buffs it is just hard to level now. 

This may affect the potential incoming players. I am not and expert on social gaming or fan base gaming but it does sucks to level now.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

Hard, or slow

#3 JRTorres

JRTorres

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

I guess both. Gamers nowadays don't have time.

There are a lot of games that does not prosper because of the lengthy game play. With tablets and cellphones around, this kind of stuff really does not offer good gaming experience for new and incoming players. 

Well this is just my opinion. I still love playing the game, snailing my way to 230. And I signed up for 6 months premium. 

What I'm trying to say is leveling is a lot slower than the more popular games. If the developers and WarpPortal want to have more "new" players then "I" think they should rethink about the game play specifically leveling.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:17 PM

Well, I've been pushing that agenda for a few years now, and it's not been looked at. I agree that the 'modern' gamer doesn't enjoy grinding anymore and that's fine. But there has always been an issue with ROSE's leveling speed, it has't really been adjusted since Evo launched, what 5 years 6 years ago now? 

I digress, yes leveling speeds should be drastically increased if ROSE is to continue surviving in this ever changing gaming environment.

If you want proof of why, read the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Edited by Feuer, 22 June 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

Also, you might want to change your Topic Title to something shorter so it shows the full title in the overview of threads. Something like "Paradigm Shift: Leveling Harder". Short, to the point, get's people curious to read the post. 

-Cheers

#6 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

After 140 leveling gets slow as the exp required for levels rapidly increases. Picks up at 200 when you can do dungeons (assuming people clear which they usually don't)

#7 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

The ROSE Team is looking into a variety of ways that have been suggested to make leveling a more enjoyable experience for players, such a implementing new content or new quests. These kinds of changes do take time, but as soon as there is any information regarding this we will be posting about it. If you have any suggestions for specific content you would like to see in game, please post in our Suggestions forums. 

#8 amfutah

amfutah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

Yes it is hard to level now, I have a friend that decide to play and i help him using my cleric, what i notice is even he get a full buff from my cleric he didnt do much damage from 17damage without buffs and 24-26 with buffs sometimes do 46 crit in very 3-4 hits, and he said that the leveling is sucks and now he get on back RF 

He is level 6 and quit

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:10 AM

I don't necessarily believe your story, specifically.

While yes, the buff changes will make leveling less explosive from the get go, it takes 5 minutes to level to 6, without buffs. Anyone who quits 5 minutes in is probably not a reasonable person to use as an example.

Having said that, there are legitimate complaints about leveling. Grinding as a gameplay concept is outdated. There is no need for it, and in today's market with MOBA and Digital card games [I mean, REALLY??] utterly destroying MMORPG's in player numbers, revenue, and ultimately success, it is high time the leveling and progression got an honest and fair amount of attention. And I'll give 3 reasons why, SOLID reasons.

1: The largest portion of ROSE is veterans and loyals, meaning they're all at end game content. This makes for empty and desolate zones, if a new player feels alone for the entire time AND they're not having fun, they will just give up after a few hours.

2: When you need to augment the leveling system with Medals, Events, Costumes, Party Systems, and more just to encourage Veterans to make new character, then you have a bad leveling system. Even veterans here today don't want to level, atleast those who don't just bot their way to it in 3-4 days.

3: Todays market games are no longer a test of patience and will. They're moving towards fun, jump-in and go style games. There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING for them to do BUT grind. Want to do Dungeons? Too Bad. Want to do some public events? Those don't exist. Want to play some minigames or work on a profession? Nope, can't do that either. Literally, the only thing they CAN do, is grind. Pressing those 1-2-3-4 for 154 hours until they finally hit 200, and get a taste of dungeons. No one in their right mind would ever play 154 hours, just to see if they like the only supported content in the game.

Now, aside from those 3, I also listed market proof of trends and changes the gaming economy and consumers have gone through over the last, 11 years? If ROSE wants to stay relevant, and more importantly running; then a change is a must. If it takes ramping the exp up by 10x, so be it. But a change is needed. Not some complex additional system to augment a horrible base. Just fix the base, or multiply it. After that, you can focus on the extras or making more content for end-game. 

#10 RISK7

RISK7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:48 AM

I'm finding levelling hard now and I am 212, Ulverick just 1 shots me and other people. I'm finding it pretty hilarious though hahaa!

#11 kleberrbs4

kleberrbs4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:02 AM

It became boring leveling and also farm

#12 ZeemScout

ZeemScout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

not just after paradigm shift update..i was played rose since years 2004 ,within this 12 years,they "adjust" the wellness of buff,from good buff drop until bad buff...they set those become % make those buff become lower and lower...now i notice that those mobs like a stone even i hit with a raider that max level...

#13 ZeemScout

ZeemScout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

i still remember that last time still can get overhit exp after the damage higher than the mobs' total hp.even the exp after u killed the mobs now changed become limited...last time after we killed a mobs ,we can earn different exp,but now...

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:43 PM

OK Experience was removed a LONG time ago, due to the Riddler Beans being amazing at boosting your level a few times per kill. 

#15 ZeemScout

ZeemScout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:59 AM

this is not an excuse to remove the setting of that.... what should remove is the "BEAN" and not the setting...

#16 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanyon City Of Zant
  • Server:''Aura''

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:29 AM

I don't necessarily believe your story, specifically.

While yes, the buff changes will make leveling less explosive from the get go, it takes 5 minutes to level to 6, without buffs. Anyone who quits 5 minutes in is probably not a reasonable person to use as an example.

Having said that, there are legitimate complaints about leveling. Grinding as a gameplay concept is outdated. There is no need for it, and in today's market with MOBA and Digital card games [I mean, REALLY??] utterly destroying MMORPG's in player numbers, revenue, and ultimately success, it is high time the leveling and progression got an honest and fair amount of attention. And I'll give 3 reasons why, SOLID reasons.

1: The largest portion of ROSE is veterans and loyals, meaning they're all at end game content. This makes for empty and desolate zones, if a new player feels alone for the entire time AND they're not having fun, they will just give up after a few hours.

2: When you need to augment the leveling system with Medals, Events, Costumes, Party Systems, and more just to encourage Veterans to make new character, then you have a bad leveling system. Even veterans here today don't want to level, atleast those who don't just bot their way to it in 3-4 days.

3: Todays market games are no longer a test of patience and will. They're moving towards fun, jump-in and go style games. There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING for them to do BUT grind. Want to do Dungeons? Too Bad. Want to do some public events? Those don't exist. Want to play some minigames or work on a profession? Nope, can't do that either. Literally, the only thing they CAN do, is grind. Pressing those 1-2-3-4 for 154 hours until they finally hit 200, and get a taste of dungeons. No one in their right mind would ever play 154 hours, just to see if they like the only supported content in the game.

Now, aside from those 3, I also listed market proof of trends and changes the gaming economy and consumers have gone through over the last, 11 years? If ROSE wants to stay relevant, and more importantly running; then a change is a must. If it takes ramping the exp up by 10x, so be it. But a change is needed. Not some complex additional system to augment a horrible base. Just fix the base, or multiply it. After that, you can focus on the extras or making more content for end-game. 

Give this man a cookie.

#17 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:05 AM

A cookie will be to small, he needs a cherrycake.

#18 7057131117023218773

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Server:SA PUSO MO

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:59 AM

New contents would be nice too. Additional dungeons to explore on a lower lvl tier will be great. 

#19 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

No, they wouldn't. 

I don't know how many times I have to say this but I'll say it again for good measure.

Adding new content, when there's classes who can't even play right now, is beyond wasteful. ROSE won't be offering up new content to their WHOLE player base, only the handful of class players who currently work in the meta AND have been given attention. It would be wasteful of time. 

So until they fix the two most glaring issues, the'd simply be wasting DEV time and our time by making new content, when the content they already have, isn't working. 

#20 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:55 PM

What they could use is a good main quest line from 1-230 that offers enough experience and gameplay to enjoy. and easy trackable.

Giving a alternative way to level up without grinding or crafting.

Or putting more quests out there for people to do, small quests to obtain a certain item for a NPC, mini quests.

There quests could give base % amount EXP based on your level for examble ( im sure thats possible), making it so that u need to do 2-3 quests to level up once (Repeatable quests shouldnt offer the same based % XP).

Adding new content isn't nessesaryly a bad thing no matter where u put it, but there are better option to fix this then to just add dungeons for players.

And I would freaking love to see professions, i never realy liked the idea dealers were the only one's to be able to craft.

It would be intresting to see things like mining, gathering, melting, armor crafting, weapon crafting, Wood crafting (bows/arrows/stafs) or cooking for that matter.

I heard rumors about a update for the dealer crafting system years ago but this sadly never happend. If it was true...

But thats off-topic :)

Edited by Cortiz, 23 November 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#21 jhepfoy

jhepfoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

I just noticed, it is much harder to level as a newbie now after the Paradigm shift. Even with buffs and self buffs it is just hard to level now. 

This may affect the potential incoming players. I am not and expert on social gaming or fan base gaming but it does sucks to level now.

Even if the game has a nice leveling system and increase the number of incoming players, with the amount of greedy jerks playing this game their way, you'd still lose the will to play the game once you reached maxed unless you're a part of a big clan and just join them and enjoy being greedy and a jerk yourself and call other players a crybaby and make newbies look stupid. But if you're just into doing fashion show and taking screenshots of your toons in every place in ROSE, you'd be just fine cause that's the only thing you can do in ROSE so you won't encounter those kinda players.

#22 Hellowarz

Hellowarz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

I would say a switch to a more interactive pvm grind experience with even just special items on rare rates but over the world would explode a possibility of grind friendly gameplay ( which veterans and others may love ) while having a real feel to the grind with changing mechanics and a need to really use inventive tactics to take down mob/s. More xp for more challenging monsters or even different things to acquire or "grind" for.

If the game would just embrace an interesting pvm side it would really flourish in my opinion. Cool little pets / special customes / even some interesting piece of gear... maybe something that teleported you to junon or something even weird but useful like that. 

I don't give a damn it is time to add some items all over the world and quit adding to Item mall crap that isn't helping the game. 

That would help noobies the best, higher players would have lowbie chars around to grind these zones and bring in the new players... 

Boom community in desolate zones.

#23 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:20 AM

Rose is too old to attract new players if we're going to be honest. I mean a few players here and there might give it a try but almost everyone who comes back is here because of the nostalgia we get while playing it and the Rose Team is doing a good job of bamboozling us. Rose team talking about new content is comical considering they haven't fixed ingame bugs/crashes.

Although i highly appreciate everyone's enthusiasm to provide insight and suggestions, but it's a bit too late for it. 

From what i've heard warportal couldn't care less about ROSE since it isn't really grossing alot of money and it's one of the reasons why ROSE team is so under staffed.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. #Justthetruth

Edited by iRaphael, 10 December 2016 - 02:21 AM.

#24 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanyon City Of Zant
  • Server:''Aura''

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

Rose is too old to attract new players if we're going to be honest. I mean a few players here and there might give it a try but almost everyone who comes back is here because of the nostalgia we get while playing it and the Rose Team is doing a good job of bamboozling us. Rose team talking about new content is comical considering they haven't fixed ingame bugs/crashes.

No games is to old, It's all about content/updates.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:21 AM

I know I've already said this before, but if ROSE wants to attract new players, they need to look at the major attractions in the current market and which genre's have the largest demographic.

*hint* It's MOBA's. 

And if you research them, they all have some commonalities.

1: They're jump-in and play. Meaning there is little to no grinding to experience the gameplay.

2: They're simplistic in their function, but complex in diversity. [IE, most have 5 skills, a few items, and maybe a mount of some type, but even with the small amount of keybinds/functions they have immense flexibility and customization]

3: They're often not restricted in pay to progress, only pay for cosmetic/style. [IE, they're not charging for faster leveling speeds in most cases]

If ROSE wants to adopt those philosophies, then they should probably do the following.

[1] Increase the experience rate exponentially, allowing players to progress to end game within a matter of a few days [even while solo]*

[2] Do away with cramped action bars, and reformulate skills to have more synergy, with less buttons.**

[3] Get rid of things like CP medals, Boosters, Medallions etc from the IM, and modify the premium service to have newer benefits revolving around fashion, collectibles and convenience. ***

Spoiler

Ionno, I am tired so I'm not going to flush out a huge post, but honestly there's a dozen better ways to do what's being done here than what's currently being used. I for one wouldn't mind having a chat about how to change the direction of the game, in an effort to branch out and update ROSE's appearance. And I'll be honest, every first impression and review I've seen on sites and videos regarding ROSE from popular and well traveled reviewers has said ROSE is not a game they recommend playing. Having those out there is very, VERY bad. hundreds of thousands of people see those, and millions when you factor in text based website reviews etc. You need to start taking PR seriously and changing the impressions people get when playing the game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users