Returning player with a difficult situation - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning player with a difficult situation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nagichu

nagichu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

Hey guys, new to the forums here. I just logged in my account in Chaos server and I have a 126 WL and 104 Sorcerer. Last time i played was 3 years ago and I have no idea where to start. 
The reason I left that time was because of the frustration and loneliness of having no friends to play with or any affiliations with other players for the past 10 years of playing Ragnarok and at that one moment, I got stuck. After I got my WL to High TI, It started to become harder to grind and the amount of classes for a party in High TI were pretty strict. It got harder for me to join in parties that time. I lost the motivation to grind. I enjoy playing the game hence I came back for more. Anyone here can give me advice on how I can work this out with the given classes?

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

main sorc and don't look back.

#3 nagichu

nagichu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

main sorc and don't look back.

Care to elaborate why choose the Sorcerer over WL? Not too knowledgable about mechanics in classes. 

#4 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

Sorcerers get party more easily than Warlocks, maybe that's why he says to focus on it. They're also a little better DPS and survivability than Warlocks when it comes to similar tier gears. The new 175/60 update allowed them to have DPS and summons too, which is really nice. Warlocks didn't... get.. much of buffs? There were a bit of rage fit in the forums when 175 hit for imbalance. That said Warlocks are the best ghost killers in the game and I think it's worth raising one if only for being a great killer for Celia and Kathryn killer near endgame. Anyway, enough about Sorc, The grind gets pretty awful from mid 130s and on. Here's what I personally did, I realize I'm not exactly orthodox when it comes to PVM, so take the info as just another option you can take when you hit a wall.

I had married a soul linker, by doing so I had unlimited Kaahi/kaziel and fast health/skill points refills. I liked to hang out at Nogg 2, Manuk 3(hardrock) and Geffenia, it's a bit slower exp but making the money for gear still is progression. Speaking of money, mora dailies which mainly involves Hazy Forest for Warlock gears & enchants, and Eclage/Splendide dailies for costume gears and stat gloves are decent money for the time/difficulty it takes to make them.

We've been receiving some Instance contents since around the time you left, and the easier one to do are Sarah's Memory(gives job exp), Ghost Palace(you receive a lot of Herb of Incantation/MATK+30 consumables), Geffen Magic Tournament(gives you basically better version of Orleans set and you have high chance of getting Yggs from it), and Airship Raid(gear drops that are basically Odin set for 3rd classes).

Speaking of new features though, are you aware of Bounty Boards? It's a somewhat of new feature only in iRO that gives you lump sum exp, think of it as lesser Gramps that lasts until 175 with no cooldown. If you can one or two shot Scarabas, they're good prey until mid 140s as those guys like to debuff themselves with Stone Skin. Kaahi buff is really handy when you move onto the next training stages, which personally for me was Luina(Al De Baran) Guild Dungeon 2nd Floor/Hall of Abyss(all-insect dungeon) alongside quests for them. Those things have high chance of being open at Mondays or Tuesdays because WOE is on Wednesdays. High TI is a good source of EXP, too, when you can do it, of course.

Camping Turtle General, Atroce, Gopinch, Leak, Kraken, and other such unfavorable-loot-dropper MVPs help, especially Turtle who is basically Amon Ra that moves at very slow mspd. The dude doesn't do jack at long range lol.

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

there's also like a 20 page thread on why warlocks are the worst class in the game. it might even be in the class thread.

#6 nagichu

nagichu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

there's also like a 20 page thread on why warlocks are the worst class in the game. it might even be in the class thread.

That's pretty disappointing considering that I personally enjoy playing ONLY mage classes in PVM and can't play other classes because the burden of knowledge + mechanics.. I'll probably consider seaochiwai's suggestion of getting a Soul Linker to marry. 

#7 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

That's the crazy thing, progress in this game is like that lol. Marry to make progress. XD But really, Nec said it, Sorc is an amazing class. They are tanky and are SP regenerators, have summons for dealing with aggro, and some crazy good equipment options.

#8 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:26 AM

OR join a PvM guild that will accept whatever class you want to play with as long as you're active. 

There are a few around.

#9 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:55 AM

try vending and go afk, you will love it :Emo_15:

0 user(s) are reading this topic