Old player returning - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Old player returning

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Leimery

Leimery

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Hey guys, iv been away from Ragnarok since 2005 i use to play back when RO was the thing and had soo many different alliances. but stopped playing after getting my Sinx to 99.

anyhow i just figured i get back into it and i noticed aloooot of changes lol. i just recently made a ninja class it seems fun but i have forgotten almost every single thing this game has to offer haha, im wondering if any of you kind souls out there be kind enough to give me a crash course on Ragnarok again i would highly appreciate it.

DO hit me up, maybe we could chat on Line /Skype

Looking forward to meeting/working with you.

btw what guilds are still active ?

Regards

#2 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

Not a lot of guild from 2005 is still active, sorry. If you want old faces, you might want to hit up Loki server. In Loki AKA Classic server, they try to keep things pre-2009 as much as they can. New Chaos server - the default server - is old Chaos turned into VIP Valkyrie server and then joined with then-free-to-play Ymir and Yggdrasil. Thor server is a refuge server made for Philippines RO when they closed, so active server time and culture is more of SE Asia friendly, but you can still somewhat get around even if you're an English only speaker. Sins or rather their final evolution of Guillotine Cross are considered one of the best classes for their fearsome DPS and thus being very good boss killers. Good luck on your journey, it's not the same game you remember but I think it's still a game worth playing.

#3 Leimery

Leimery

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

ah i see, i didnt expect to find old players still around. Still would bring back good memories playing it i figured. I rolled into a new Ninja noob class just to have a feel all over again but i notice the cards equipments etc have vastly improved/expanded and now im lost again haha.

where is the best place to meet people have make friends nowdays ?

appreciate your reply

#4 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

I urge you to hit the Recruiting subforum, you can kinda browse through each kind of guilds. I have a couple of friends in Animosity and I used to be in Clandestine Society, both are very friendly and competitive so that's my recommendation. If you're not a guildie kinda player, you might meet some players you like in level 85-150 range during Grampa's Turn-In quests, it's a very popular repeatable quest. If you are of a foreign background/multilingual then try the international subforums, people tend to better help out another of same origin.

#5 Leimery

Leimery

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

sounds interesting. do they accept noob characters though ?

and what is the fastest method of leveling up now still grinding ?

#6 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:00 AM

If you hate the grind, you could use prize medal to instantly level to 175. A lot of people I know does it. Good thing is you can buy the prize medal in this month's box. I think you only need around 80,000 medal or so. Otherwise you can solo level to 85, then you can start doing Gramp TI quest in Eden. He will warp you into a map with a bunch of other players to party up, and you can use that until level 150. I would not recommend ninja if you're fresh. Ranger would be the best class for a starter. 

For WoE, I recommend WoE TE on Sunday. They are a lot more fun than the regular WoE, and it feels similar like back in the day. Many WoE guilds require you to be level 150+ I think. But WoE is pretty much dead to me and many other players. Too many skill abuses, one shot fest, cheaters, and extreme lag. Not a very fun experience most of the time. You can invest in a nice WoE gears with all the great reductions, but you will be one shotted anyways because too many people are using gods and MvPs. If WoE is your thing, there are much better servers out there with much much more balanced GvG. iRO is mostly a PvM server in my opinion, unless you're decked out with MvPs and Gods, then it's fun to pwn noobs.

The server economy is heavily influenced around the Cash Shop. So if you need a quick buck, then you can buy cash shop items and sell it in to the market.

Edited by 2791130726184901777, 24 June 2016 - 01:01 AM.

#7 Leimery

Leimery

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:02 AM

the classic server has it better in terms or WOE ?  actually what are the main difference between them ?

and What cash shop items could i buy and sell off to make big buck ?

#8 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:44 AM

Well renewal and classic are entirely different game. If you're used to the 2005 mechanic than classic may be better for you. However, the majority of the players have moved on to renewal, so finding people to play with is easier on renewal Chaos server. I have not done WoE in classic, but in renewal server,  you can join WoE TE, which is "somewhat" similar to classic as only transcendent classes are allowed. And many OP MvP cards are disabled. 

Renewal is much more pay2win than classic since it is more equipment based than stats based build like in classic, with many required gears now come straight from the cash shop. 

For Cash shop zeny making, there are basically 3 ways you can do it.  You can sell Kafra Point directly, which usually yield the least amount of zeny but generally the safest and fastest to get some bucks. You can buy hot kafra shops like Enrich Elu and sell them for a bit more profit but will take time to sell them. Or you can gamble with lucky or firesale boxes in hope to score some rare item, which usually sell for significant amount of zeny. However, if you're unlucky and get only trashes, then it's a huge waste of money. 

There are also people engaging in real money trade over facebook group. Those are risky and will get you banned if you're caught. From what I hear, they are more interested in banning people who trade their item for real money than banning bots picking strawberries who devalue the farming efforts of the entire server. 

#9 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

If you hate the grind, you could use prize medal to instantly level to 175. A lot of people I know does it. Good thing is you can buy the prize medal in this month's box. I think you only need around 80,000 medal or so. Otherwise you can solo level to 85, then you can start doing Gramp TI quest in Eden. He will warp you into a map with a bunch of other players to party up, and you can use that until level 150. I would not recommend ninja if you're fresh. Ranger would be the best class for a starter. 

For WoE, I recommend WoE TE on Sunday. They are a lot more fun than the regular WoE, and it feels similar like back in the day. Many WoE guilds require you to be level 150+ I think. But WoE is pretty much dead to me and many other players. Too many skill abuses, one shot fest, cheaters, and extreme lag. Not a very fun experience most of the time. You can invest in a nice WoE gears with all the great reductions, but you will be one shotted anyways because too many people are using gods and MvPs. If WoE is your thing, there are much better servers out there with much much more balanced GvG. iRO is mostly a PvM server in my opinion, unless you're decked out with MvPs and Gods, then it's fun to pwn noobs.

The server economy is heavily influenced around the Cash Shop. So if you need a quick buck, then you can buy cash shop items and sell it in to the market.

Never heard of that before. Would it really be faster than leveling on your own manually? 

What's the best way to farm these medals other than buying from CS?

Can the be put to storage and be used on a different character within the same account?

#10 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Betting on same pair of monsters at monster race is the fastest non combat, non cash method of getting Hugel medals. Otherwise, generally they are exchanged from batches of Blank Cards dropped by equipping Blank Card(lower headgear).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users