Messing with the economy - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Messing with the economy

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

So with what has been happening of late:

1. Shadow event upgrade that just barely went away and now back:+9 Shadow gear market shafted

2. Long periods of enriched: +9 gear market shafted

3. BMx3 market wrecked: Might as well perma kafra shop it

4. HE Bubble Gum: Already kafra shopped

5. RWC boxes: Regularly wrecked

6. OCA from certain quests: rates changed nidhoggur nest quest

7. Cooking: +20 food market wrecked from boxes

What are folk's feeling about what is happening? Are GMs mucking with the economy too much rather than ensuring the game runs well, bugs are fixed and patches are stable?

I am dissapointed and enraged with the way things are managed. Are there others who feel the same?

#2 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

I like it. I'll make it rain dollar bills on WP headquarters.

#3 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

1. Shadow event upgrade that just barely went away and now back:+9 Shadow gear market shafted

2. Long periods of enriched: +9 gear market shafted

3. BMx3 market wrecked: Might as well perma kafra shop it

4. HE Bubble Gum: Already kafra shopped

5. RWC boxes: Regularly wrecked

6. OCA from certain quests: rates changed nidhoggur nest quest

7. Cooking: +20 food market wrecked from boxes

What are folk's feeling about what is happening? Are GMs mucking with the economy too much rather than ensuring the game runs well, bugs are fixed and patches are stable?

I am dissapointed and enraged with the way things are managed. Are there others who feel the same?

WP should change their company name to Warpportal Foundation

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:29 PM

1. Shadow event upgrade that just barely went away and now back:+9 Shadow gear market shafted - Should be a yearly event only.

2. Long periods of enriched: +9 gear market shafted - Should be a 6monthly event only

3. BMx3 market wrecked: Might as well perma kafra shop it - Yes, perma add this.

4. HE Bubble Gum: Already kafra shopped - Already in, but not a big deal.

5. RWC boxes: Regularly wrecked - Agreed, could be a yearly thing again

6. OCA from certain quests: rates changed nidhoggur nest quest - Nidd wasn't changed, Wandering Dragon possibly?

7. Cooking: +20 food market wrecked from boxes - Yes, this one was just completely shat on and was not a good move.

#5 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

I love it. Keepedap

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

Isnt the economy up to players to decide in the end? I mean sure putting out lucky boxes with stuff that always repeat but isnt it ultimately up to us whether to buy said lucky box, then supply its conents to those with less fortunate wallets around us? I mean if nobody buys the lucky box and the items become scarce do we blame them as well by saying price for it is too high? Lower the price to 50kp? I mean yes, we can make shadow upgrading a yearly thing, but then what about those who may get time to only play once in a blue butthole? Do we say tough luck to them and they will be content? What happens if you are one of those people that do tell them tough luck and then your real life situation changes and you also end up being unable to participate in the upgrade event that happens the following year? Do you pull in your belt and shrug it off too and its tough luck for yourself? If it was me and i was expected to make a red velvet raffle cake, i should get to eat a slice of it too.

These are the words of a very selfish pervert that we need not worry about. Carry on with your discussions everyone.

#7 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

if people really wanted to change something, they could easily boycott with their money in favor of that change.

as a whole, like if we all banned together: players V RO, we could easily get changes made. the problem is that too many of us disagree with each other, and there is no one there seemingly worthy enough that people will follow to get these changes even started.

money talks. the problem is, and has always been, unification lol.

#8 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

The server has been needing Zeny sink for a while, sadly this has fell under deaf ears for a long time. Rather than implementing something to balance ingame currency, they rather make real money off it while letting zeny float around. The recent KBC in Kafra Box was an example of it.

Also, every time a duped MVP card was found, if it was purchased with pure Zeny, billions of Zeny were generated by GMs to compensate the buyer.

So to say that the decisions the GMs make does not affect the economy is false. Intentionally or not. I think it's pretty normal but for the better or worst, that's subjective.

#9 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

Isnt the economy up to players to decide in the end? I mean sure putting out lucky boxes with stuff that always repeat but isnt it ultimately up to us whether to buy said lucky box, then supply its conents to those with less fortunate wallets around us? I mean if nobody buys the lucky box and the items become scarce do we blame them as well by saying price for it is too high? Lower the price to 50kp? I mean yes, we can make shadow upgrading a yearly thing, but then what about those who may get time to only play once in a blue butthole? Do we say tough luck to them and they will be content? What happens if you are one of those people that do tell them tough luck and then your real life situation changes and you also end up being unable to participate in the upgrade event that happens the following year? Do you pull in your belt and shrug it off too and its tough luck for yourself? If it was me and i was expected to make a red velvet raffle cake, i should get to eat a slice of it too.

These are the words of a very selfish pervert that we need not worry about. Carry on with your discussions everyone.

1. Having events that are special and rare benefit the population as it keeps players interested in checking if there are new things. Having an event on regular is by no means a way of keeping interest.

2. Your social reasons for not being able to participate in an event is not anyone else's problem but yours. Do you expect us to agree to rescheduling an update cos you can't play because you are visiting granny for a month? Ridiculous. Your social issues are YOUR responsibility.

3. Also repeating in the forum that you are pervert only works because you are hiding behind a keyboard and screen. Try doing that on your real facebook account and see if stuff hits the fan. I suspect the comments you make are to a huge degree because you are hiding behind a keyboard as well, as you take no responsibility for anything.

4. If you buy a car and the government charges an extra 50% as tax, you pay 150% for it. If they change it to 10% and others pay 110% you get shafted. If they keep changing it everyone gets shafted cos what you pay and what its worth have no continuity. Would you feel comfortable with any of this? So this is market decided by the buyer then in your definition? I call it BS.

This is market manipulation.

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:48 PM

1. Having events that are special and rare benefit the population as it keeps players interested in checking if there are new things. Having an event on regular is by no means a way of keeping interest.

2. Your social reasons for not being able to participate in an event is not anyone else's problem but yours. Do you expect us to agree to rescheduling an update cos you can't play because you are visiting granny for a month? Ridiculous. Your social issues are YOUR responsibility.

3. Also repeating in the forum that you are pervert only works because you are hiding behind a keyboard and screen. Try doing that on your real facebook account and see if stuff hits the fan. I suspect the comments you make are to a huge degree because you are hiding behind a keyboard as well, as you take no responsibility for anything.

4. If you buy a car and the government charges an extra 50% as tax, you pay 150% for it. If they change it to 10% and others pay 110% you get shafted. If they keep changing it everyone gets shafted cos what you pay and what its worth have no continuity. Would you feel comfortable with any of this? So this is market decided by the buyer then in your definition? I call it BS.

This is market manipulation.

1. This is an interesting point which i do agree as well as disagree. I only disagree because checking daily will make it a total chore and sometimes that makes people lose interest. If you eat the same sidedish everyday even you might get sick of it too right? I do though, agree it may help keep things interesting.

2. Social interaction is not the only thing that can determine these things, people may have medical reasons, or other disabilities/private matters (surely we cant call mourning over a dead guy social interaction with ghosts). I do agree with you though that social interactions and other such reasons are the responsibility of the people involved and there should be no exceptions for that.

3. Yes i am very perverted on fb, everyone has my fb and sees my posts. The end.

4. The government does alot of taxes, taxes are implemented and unimplemented depending on the party thats chosen to run, its a hard subject for me to really agree or disagree against. The only real thing i feel uncomfortable about in politics is why they always have to touch my superannuation, why i even have to pay a financial institution to manage my retirement as a compulsary thing? I mean i can manage my own money Mr Turnbull, so stop making us have to put money into super, then putting in laws that tax my super into the ground. I can agree its total BS.

I do not agree to some things, but i will agree to defend your reason to argue these things :)

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

Make the game P2P and never again needing to put cash items in the shop but oh wait! People will stop playing the game because $$$ is scarce and hard to earn. Must be hard to be a GM in iRO lel

#12 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

Make the game P2P and never again needing to put cash items in the shop but oh wait! People will stop playing the game because $$$ is scarce and hard to earn. Must be hard to be a GM in iRO lel

Oh chakri dear lol

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

Oh chakri dear lol

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hentai chan ~! <3

#14 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

RO needs money, and it's better to have a -_-ed up economy then not having a game to play. On the same token, I'm sure they're losing players because of it. But at this point, what is RO suppose to do?  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Demeris, 24 June 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#15 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:36 PM

doesnt matter the only thing that kept me happy was making food and they took that away from me. TWICE. and i want updates and i was ignored indeffinantly. So I go to places that would listen like another game. on my ps4 that shall not be named :) ro is still fun tho just wish more people would play it. LOOKING AT YOU GRAVITY MAKE SOME COMMERCIALS YOU LAZY BUTTS

#16 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:25 AM

doesnt matter the only thing that kept me happy was making food and they took that away from me. TWICE. and i want updates and i was ignored indeffinantly. So I go to places that would listen like another game. on my ps4 that shall not be named :) ro is still fun tho just wish more people would play it. LOOKING AT YOU GRAVITY MAKE SOME COMMERCIALS YOU LAZY BUTTS

I read somewhere that there would be ragnarok the animation season 2. In which case 3rd jobs are the characters. Dang, they should have started with the trans. Any way, news said that it would be released to promote RO on mobile versus the blizzard.

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:28 AM

gimme link or it never happen

#18 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:22 AM

no links, not even sure if its true or not, hoping that it's true

received_1352839491398892_zps47ofibxz.jp

#19 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

no links, not even sure if its true or not, hoping that it's true

where is the sorc :p_sad:

why u have rg in party but no sorc :p_sad:

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Its not rg its a crusader.

Its the less eficient party comp i've seen in a while :v

Sura, SinX, Knight, Crusader, Wizard, Hunter

#21 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

http://ro.xd.com/1604/

^ More screen shots for the anime if people are curious. :v

#22 DanaAtkinson

DanaAtkinson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

I don't see why having over-frequent of cash shop event is a bad thing. Everything you listed there are from the Cash shop, with the exception of +20 Food. The majority of Cash Shop items are significantly more expensive than the items you can normally obtain via gameplay. It's about as pay2win as it can get, since a lot of people cannot get anywherewithout at least shelling some cash for KP. The paying playerbase also have way too much of an advantage over a completely free to play players . And that's one of the factor why I think this game population will never grow much bigger than it is now. The majority of this year's anniversary events are also exclusive to the paying members, which may have made many F2P players feel alienated.

​I'd personally rather have the Enriched and Shadow staying permanently. The people who were away aren't missing much really, except the opportunity for their wallet to be emptied out by these event full of crappy RNGs.

​Instead of cash only event, I'd also rather have an actual event. The 12th anniversary coupon event was not bad at all last year. What happened to the south pront MvPs ? These non stop pay2win box and cash event made me feel like they are closing down the server soon and  cashing out big time.

The best of RO has always been a subscription model over the cash shop model. The memories of the past is probably what keeps many player playing today, despite how much worse it has become.

Edited by DanaAtkinson, 25 June 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#23 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

Any particular reason why Bako Tattoos and C: AAW (ASPD+1) went from original price to most likely double/triple their price?

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

Suply vs demand

#25 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

Suply vs demand

Must be hard to think for the majority of the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users