When are mages getting nerfed? - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

When are mages getting nerfed?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Just curious as it seems no class except mage can fight them 1 on 1, you can use like 4-5 skills breaking the mana shield just for them to put it back up with no cooldown?

Maybe put like a 10-15 second cooldown on the mana shield? just to make it fair. or put a mana shield on all other classes too?

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

Cannon + Gun Artisans can kill Mages. Aside from that, your statement is true.

#3 StayStacey

StayStacey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:15 PM

Mages are annoying af 

#4 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:14 AM

Cannon + Gun Artisans can kill Mages. Aside from that, your statement is true.

not when the mage mutes them and hits like 4x 7000+ hits on them in a row some of those being stuns.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

That's why I included both Gun and Cannon. Gun can possibly get off a Sleep before the Mage [if it skipped some of the range passive ranks]. The Cannon can fail at this constantly, but if the mage is caught even slightly off guard, a Cannon can CC and burst them down no problem. Outside of those situations, the Mage will definitely kill them.

That however is not a justification that Mages are fine. I firmly stated in the Rep section [before it was deleted and Reps disbanded] that Mages were over powerful. 

#6 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:19 PM

That's why I included both Gun and Cannon. Gun can possibly get off a Sleep before the Mage [if it skipped some of the range passive ranks]. The Cannon can fail at this constantly, but if the mage is caught even slightly off guard, a Cannon can CC and burst them down no problem. Outside of those situations, the Mage will definitely kill them.

That however is not a justification that Mages are fine. I firmly stated in the Rep section [before it was deleted and Reps disbanded] that Mages were over powerful. 

Do you agree they should have a 10-15 second cooldown on mana shield?

Also that's like every class, if you stun them whilst their manashield is down you can win but that's if you are VERY lucky with your timing.

#7 OshOsh

OshOsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

MAges/bourg/artisan are way OP ridiculous,sry for the post.fed up

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:18 PM

I have to dispute that claim OshOsh, Artisans are the softest class in the game. They literally, in the very finite definition of that word, have zero defensive passives, stat support. If you can't kill an artisan, or an Artisan is causing you grief, then you're doing something wrong. 

About the manashield, 10-15 seconds is too long. 5-8 is more realistic. So I agree tehy need a CD yes, the amount is where I deviate. 

#9 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:02 AM

MAges/bourg/artisan are way OP ridiculous,sry for the post.fed up

I have to agree with Feuer, artisans are not that strong. On the other hand cannon bourgs oh my god. 2 aoes they literally wipe a whole team on aa lol

#10 OshOsh

OshOsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

they are soft indeed,but with those bomb and kiting they practically do above 4k dmg,4skill and dead,

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Again, if you can't kill an Artisan you're doing something wrong.

An Artisans kiting ability is minimal, the only way they can kite, is by blowing a stun, to cast sleep. If they do that, they're defenseless, and have no burst capability. If you can bait them into making that decision, they're going to be the easiest kill in your life. Mages w/ Max Skill Range and Scouts utterly destroy Artisans. Every time, guaranteed. 

Edited by Feuer, 26 June 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#12 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

The ROSE Team is currently looking into the balancing concerns regarding mana shield and mages (as well as other feedback received since the Paradigm Shift Update). There is not an estimate at this time when an update of this nature may be implemented however, as feedback is still being collected. 

With regards to the Class Representative section, and the feedback that was provided there, all of that input is still available for the ROSE Team to reference, but it has been moved so that only the ROSE Team has access to it. 

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

I just want to clarify, when you say 'mana shield and mages' you're saying 'the effect of mana shield on mages, as well as Mage's as a whole' and not just 'mana shield's effect on Mages'? Because their damage is significantly worse of a problem than their survival. 

#14 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

I just want to clarify, when you say 'mana shield and mages' you're saying 'the effect of mana shield on mages, as well as Mage's as a whole' and not just 'mana shield's effect on Mages'? Because their damage is significantly worse of a problem than their survival. 

The ROSE team is looking into concerns regarding both mages overall and, specifically, mana shield on mages, as well as all other feedback provided regarding class balance issues. 

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

Ok, well I just wanted to state that the Damage is more important to fix than the Mana Shield. The reason for that is due to the fact that their AoE's are multiplicative in AoE environments [AA specifically susceptible to this]. Having Mages 'die faster' wouldn't solve the issue of a 1-3 of Mages casting 1-2 skills each and killing 8 players+. Their Damage is out of control, their shields are easily broken by High Damage single target skills and can even be dispelled, and muted to prevent recasting. 

Edited by Feuer, 29 June 2016 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users