New player questions before starting - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New player questions before starting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nebel42

nebel42

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

Hi,

I played RO back at 2008 and now I suddenly feel the urge to play the game again. Since I now live in Asia and I want to try out renewal so I plan on playing on the Thor server. Can you guys help me with some questions before I start please.

1/ How is the population? I mainly play at around 6:30AM - 10AM PDT (or 8:30PM - 12 PM GMT+7) I want to see others playing together with me when I'm online

2/ Is it easy to find party for leveling and stuffs?

3/ Can the game be enjoyed casually now? By casually I mean not too much time investment (I may only be able to play 3~5 times a week) and little to no real cash investment

4/ What's the current situation with botting? I remember bots flooding the game everywhere back in the days.

Thanks!

#2 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:58 AM

500 ~ 1000 more popular in WoE times

No, Thor has not been a random meeting server from my experience. Actually, I found the same goofballs who like to ks and abuse /heh emote all the time. I told them that they're on the recording, that made them stop laughing fast. Less population than Chaos, more ksers, go figure.

Maybe. You have to know what you're doing and what is not worth your time if you wanna hang with those decked with cash items. This is the server where +15 are the norm. Or you could just act the complete moron like me and role play all the time, whichever is funner. It's a video game.

There are bots but the staff is actively banning them too. Oda is almost exclusively Tiki Tuesday banning in Thor now. You see a lot of them in the level 100- areas but not so much in the new world except for blooming flower lands and phantasmagorika.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users