• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:05 AM

Hi just decide to return to TE scene. I would like to build a woe with a sniper  :p_laugh:

which one is viable build

1) Arrow Shower 

2) Falcon Assult

3) Focused Arrow Strike

, here is some gears in my mind please comment :P

headgear : +9 Ceb dolomedes card

mid gear : Bmd [1] gemini card for stun resist

armor : valk marc +9

bow : Valarous Battle Bow

boots : +9 e variant superior

manteue : +9 FAW full ea + menblatt

Accesory : 2x Bako or the 2x TE accesory

kindly help me with the gears and woe gear   :p_love:  . Thankssssss

anyway what is the best possible gear one can use in TE ? :P

Edited by louisn1234, 27 June 2016 - 02:06 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:12 AM

1)great to spread statuses, most used build
2) i saw ppl using it but honestly it barelly scratch '-'
3) do ppl still get this skill? :v

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:14 AM

2) use this skill under string for good output. you are tanky as well since you can use shield

#4 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:20 AM

1)great to spread statuses, most used build
2) i saw ppl using it but honestly it barelly scratch '-'
3) do ppl still get this skill? :v

point no 2 - is that possible to spam it under string  :p_sick:  ?

hmm why nobody using focus arrow? is it becuase of renewal mechanic? the build seems viable in classic.

#5 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:25 AM

2) use this skill under string for good output. you are tanky as well since you can use shield

when i was active on TE 8 months ago, i barely see this build  :p_swt:

perhaps mostly using debuff weapon for arrow shower.

wat gears can produce maximum DPS in woe TE. i wonder my list of gear good enough  :p_laugh: ?>

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:32 AM

as a sniper, you are not expected to kill. your damage output is pretty meh since people use demi human reduction gears coupled with flamel cards.

if you are using a bow, status inflict bow is good to spam negative statuses. you can also be a trapper, spamming ankle snare, sandman, and let other class finish your prey. if you want to last longer, use dagger setup, using combat knife and a shield, means your damage comes from FA which can be spammed under string, and damaging trap (claymore, blastmine, landmine).

but all those damaging skills you have still a meh...coz SinX, biochemist, ninja, champion, can do far better than you.

#7 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

the problem with FA isn't it cd, but its fixed cast time. If i have 2 fenrir, i will build this -_-z because aspd spamming skill that ignore redux is stupidly broken.

I will say that FA is good. It ignore redux, and it does help when killing tanky stuff. LK, Pally, etc.
Plus having a skill that you can use when you dont have bow (stripped, or bow broken) is really nice. You will need it.

I will advice you to build a mixed between AS, Trap, and  FA.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:18 AM

Doesnt ignores woe reduction tho
Will always deal half dmg

#9 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:26 AM

oh yeah. But it does ignore demi redux. With 100total vit, you probably will hit 2k~3k FA damage in te. So it is still decent. Considering most classes will sit in 10k~20k hp.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:29 AM

But its spam is not enough to take down anyone who at least cares to press the pot hotkey, even under strings.

#11 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:34 AM

yea you probably wont kill anyone solo or with string. But my point is

1) 2k~3k damage that ignore demi human redux is still good in te because of low hp pool or against tanky Lk, pally, Sinx(every bit of damage count, especially the one that ignore redux).

2) It give you an option when you dont have bow. 

#12 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:58 AM

Seems like you want to go FA build despite some of the feedback. You are welcome to try, but I doubt it will end up how you imagine. In TE, damage doesn't "add up". I pot for about 8k per pot on Paladin and I promise FA + other mixed damage will achieve nothing relative to the effort of creating the character for that purpose.

A sniper's job in TE is a bit lackluster, arrow shower has tremendous impact (if you use curse or silence). But it is a pretty brain-dead niche. Brain-dead, but 100% needed!

Always use a 4x status and complimenting arrow. (Quad Silence + Mute arrow) Status infliction chances are additive. Having a 1/3 chance of inflicting the status is insane. Try not to use anything that is already being inflicted. If you have someone statusing with a sleep mailbreaker, don't use sleep.

Last thing: Deviruchi scrolls give you nodelay on arrow shower (basically). AS has animation delay, I believe FA actually has a cooldown.

Position bug can get you in some nice situations in GvGs. Example below:

Edited by Scuba, 27 June 2016 - 06:04 AM.

#13 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

I will advice you to build a mixed between AS, Trap, and  FA.

Seems like you want to go FA build despite some of the feedback. You are welcome to try, but I doubt it will end up how you imagine. In TE, damage doesn't "add up". I pot for about 8k per pot on Paladin and I promise FA + other mixed damage will achieve nothing relative to the effort of creating the character for that purpose.

So you are saying that if you dont one shot another class, dont bother to deal damage?

Okay.

and i never said about going full retard on FA.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:42 AM

Is not about one shoting, is about adding a dps that cant be potted. Those are basically the 2 ways you kill ppl in TE, or maybe dealing getting ppl offguard with a high burst.

If FA spam was a bit better it would be quite viable, but with the current LK meta and gears avaiable, they just aint gonna drop :v and using it on squishies is kinda waste of "reduc ignoring" dmg

A full offensive Arrow Shower setup could dish close to 8k per shot(no woe/player reducs) on average reducs ppl it would deal basically the same as falcon assault+its more spammable+its aoe+ can still inflict status with arrows.

Edited by Ashuckel, 27 June 2016 - 06:44 AM.

#15 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

you really can do 8k damage in te with bow[4] and status arrow? then i am wasting my life.

btw, every dps that didnt oneshot you can be potted provided you have enough redux and vit. That why tanky pally and LK is so popular. Now my question is why are you so against pure damage that cant be reduce? It not like you are going solo against tanky pally or lk. It is about providing significant damage with your guild to kill them.
Let say there is a last standing tanky pally or LK. So what? you are just gonna watch while your guild try to kill him? or spam your "8k" arrow shower? or at least provide 2k FA damage that ignore redux?

All dps is good dps. As long as the enemy drop faster.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

Hunter bow with bow guardian card, leave the status for the arrow only.

Err, LKs can get 97% reduction, so like, unless they take a super big hit like gfist+ kaite&/lex, or run out of pots or are heavily surrounded and get their healing efficiency nullified, they dont die :v
If this non reduceable dmg is spammed by more ppl at a rate that can surpass their pottin, then u can kill :v

#17 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Hunter bow with bow guardian card, leave the status for the arrow only.

Err, LKs can get 97% reduction, so like, unless they take a super big hit like gfist+ kaite&/lex, or run out of pots or are heavily surrounded and get their healing efficiency nullified, they dont die :v
If this non reduceable dmg is spammed by more ppl at a rate that can surpass their pottin, then u can kill :v

t6dqxk.png

you mean like this?
btw, faw is ea10 with menblatt.
rwc ring is fs3/3 with gold scaraba.
shadow gear is +24 physical set.
and that is level 9 arrow shower.

btw even with 97% redux i still think that increasing their potting rate is good.
let say without it they only have to use 1 pot every 2s. But if having FA will force him to use 1 pot every 1s, it is still a win for you.

#18 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

So you are saying that if you dont one shot another class, dont bother to deal damage?

Okay.

and i never said about going full retard on FA.

Like I said man, do what you want. Traps are a detriment to your own guild. Bomb is much better for a castle defense. Maybe sleep traps around the emp to stop recallers would be OK.

Getting FA at all would be kinda pointless, but Sniper builds in general lack variety so if it makes  you happy; go for it. Since you aren't going Ranger with it, it doesn't really matter.

My point is the DPS isn't worth the time it takes to cast the skill. There is a 1.5 second base cast time. Maybe if you used Sound Amplifiers you could achieve instant (as long as there isn't a fixed cast time portion). If you do 3k damage per FA @ 3 FA/sec you would make most players use 2-3 pots. Even then you need to recover that SP. 138 SP btw. From a damage vs recovery cost standpoint it ends up being a wash.

Based on the wiki. Damage doesn't seem to be affected by anything but base stats. For some reason, I think that is wrong. If weapon is truly not a factor I would recommend defaulting CK + Cranial to spam FA. Obviously you will need high dex to get any damage with it. But you need to decide if you want INT for more damage, VIT for stun immunity, or AGI for aspd. You will want to target assassins, biochemists, and ninjas mostly (I believe FA bypasses cicada) Anything with an HP pool over 13k will probably end up doing more harm than good.

Like I said, sniper build is pretty standard. You get 99 DEX, 90-something VIT, and the rest into AGI 90% of the time. If you have a good way to be stun immune and go 1 vit, and get more INT in that build you could do that. It wouldn't hurt to pick up FA, but I would if I were factoring a Sniper into a WoE strategy they would be using Arrow Shower in teamfights and trapping the Emp room of a second fort at the end.

#19 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

before anyone go full retard on FA, let me explain something first.

1) You should not spam it randomly. Your main job is to AS.

2)Wearing gears that increase int and dex just to increase your FA damage isnt really worth it. It is better to go with full redux. Even with full redux you should at least be able to deal 2k FA damage in TE. Having a skill that can deal decent damage while wearing full redux is worth it.

3) All your bows are broken? If it is early in te, bwing out, repair, go back in. However, if it almost end, it is better to aim for their breaker with FA and hope that somehow with your combined damage, you will be able to kill him. Rather than doing nothing or bwing out and cant reenter emp room in time, having a skill at your disposal that still can be use without bow is important.

4) If you are running to emp room, wear  Ck and cranial. If you someone met with a priority target (recaller for example), and want to hold them down so that your guild can catch up and kill him, FA is your best bet.
AS is pretty hard to target because you will need to gear swap, slow cast animation and because it is a ground target skill. Normally, it is quite easy to outrun a AS ground target. Beside, if you gear swapping to bow+ arrow, there is a chance that you will post bug yourself and allowing them to outrun you. 
Same arguement go for Double Straff with status effect.

5) Remember my question earlier about what you should do if there is a last standing tanky Lk or pally?
Actually the correct answer is spamming status AS.
Curse+blind = slow walking to emp and can miss.
Silence + curse = stop magnum breaking spam and slow walking.
Curse+ chaos= slow walking + wrong way.
That is some of the option that you can use. Because gravity dont balance out te, lk and pally can become stupidly tanky and unkillable. So the only way to stop them is to CC them (frozen, etc) or make them run out of pot. FA will help you with that second option. As long as their pot run out faster, it is your win.

Conclusion:
The main reason that i pick up FA isnt because i want to deal damage. But because i feel that there is something that i can do with FA that AS and trap cant.

#20 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:57 AM

you mean like this?
btw, faw is ea10 with menblatt.
rwc ring is fs3/3 with gold scaraba.
shadow gear is +24 physical set.
and that is level 9 arrow shower.

Which means you use wrong gears.

My Gypsy can do over 8k on the egg with status effect arrows,

and over 9k with Oridecon/Holy arroww.

#21 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:28 PM

pic with gears and stats will be nice.

#22 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:21 AM

Which means you use wrong gears.

My Gypsy can do over 8k on the egg with status effect arrows,

and over 9k with Oridecon/Holy arroww.

can you share some tips to get that damage pls :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users