Make all equip options increase on soulcraft and enchant. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Make all equip options increase on soulcraft and enchant.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:45 AM

So we've had suggestions here to make stella rings give more hp after soulcrafting them. The reasoning people have behind that seems to be consistency. I think it should be the same case for all gear, not just these rings. Defense and atk as equip options increase on soulcraft and enchants from 15-20, why wouldn't the other stats? We have the special options for stats that wouldn't get increased.

I don't know how it currently calculates this for atk and defense, but I looked at it quickly and it seems that getting to +20 legend seems to about double the atk stats and triple defense stats. This could mean that it might be possible to make different stats increase at different rates, so for example you might only get up to 1.5x cdmg at +20 legend, but get up to 3x str on +20 legend. Could also just be for example 2x for all, I don't see that being too big of problem.

The positive things with this would be that it'd make enchanting and soulcrafting more rewarding and also make certain items more viable to use. The negatives could be that it could be seen as increased pay to win and some items might become too powerful. I however think that enchanting isn't that hard to do, this wouldn't increase people's stats too much and ultimately it's just a matter of balancing it to be fair. If some specific items gave trouble for this, their equip options could just be changed to be special stats instead. Some items give very little for enchanting and soulcrafting them, such as many accessories and belts. I think it would be good to fix that with this.

Edited by Precrush, 29 June 2016 - 01:47 AM.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:31 AM

Like, litteraly ALL equip options increase depending on the soulforce of the item ?

Which means :

-Purple Wizard Wings, IM shoes, Dark Giant Wings, PoS Shoulders... will give more MS upon soulcrafting.
-More Max HP % for IM top.
-More C.Damage or Final C.Rate for IM Shoulders, and stuff like Paris Wings, Casharp's head...
-More attack speed for IM Gloves / Fantasy Fox Ears.
-More enchant / soulcraft sucess rate for IM face ? (Lol)
-More HP for all accessories that give Vitality or max HP (which means magicians and paladins will be able to heal pretty much more).

Besides, this would make even more unbalance for archer and classes because their final set bottom grants max MP, while thief and warrior classes have max HP.

So doubling all these stats we get from equipements would just break thr game (especially those Community Appreciation Rings thoe).

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:39 AM

No thanks.

There is a point the greed for stat increase simply has to stop and this point is reached exactly here in this topic.

You kill the game with this

So doubling all these stats we get from equipements would just break thr game (especially those Community Appreciation Rings thoe).

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:09 AM

Did you guys miss the part where I said you could make items that this would have problems on to have special stats instead of equip options? Or that different stats could possibly multiply by different amounts? IM gear I didn't think about too much, their modifiers could be smaller in general or they could just give special stats. But it'd be nice for IM gear to also have a reason to be enchanted and crafted.

These don't have to big boosts at all. I just think it's reasonable to think that people would be able to +20 legend gear, that's why I proposed rather big increases. What's important in my opinion here is that enchanting and soulcrafting certain items is rewarding, and not just for the swag. For this the increases just have to be there really, however small they may be.

Edited by Precrush, 29 June 2016 - 04:09 AM.

#5 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:36 AM

All I see from making soulforce having an impact to every single items is :

Pay To Win.

Let what's supposed to be swag stay as it is, if you want to spend your money on making every single item Legendary, this is your choice.

I like to have all my IM gear as [Special] soulgrade, because I like blue.

#6 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:41 AM

Sorry, I'm with 514.

This would be 100% pay to win, I have to agree and this is why I said no thanks and that this would kill the game.

The game tries really hard to get away from this pure pay to win (or really high pay to win aspect) from the past and this would do the total opposite to this try. I would like to go on the path the staff is taking regarding getting rid of as much pay to win aspects as possible.

(hope 514 you don't mind that I call you 514 to shorten your "name"....not meant offending in any way  :p_smile: )

#7 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:48 AM

You can call me whatever you want, I would change my name if I wanted people to call me in an other way (Actually I'm also to lazy to contact the support).

Just don't mention the name of my character if you know who I am !

I'm pretty sure I saw your character multiple times, but we never managed to start any discussion together :p_laugh:

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:17 AM

Would it be p2w if Three Eyes of Carsharp gave 25 hlt instead of 15 hlt? Or if instead of 5% atk speed banana bracelet gave 8%? Instead of 20% cdmg Poseidon shoulders gave 25%? As I said it's all about balancing, no need to think about it so black and white!

Ofc it's up to people if they want to enchant gear or not, that's always the case. Enchanting and soulcraft could only ever give fancy colors and glows, people could still decide to do it if they wanted to. It's just beneficial for the game when people want to do it, thus it gets encouraged with more def and atk. Some items just don't have a significant amount of either of those, and this would be for those items. We can't have less p2w without warpportal getting money from elsewhere, and this could be a nice way to "trick" people in to using money for some extra stats.

How much you can expect people to get without it being p2w is very much up to personal opinion, but surely you can see the foundation behind this as beneficial. All of the items that are already worth enchanting for the def or atk, where further buffs would make them significantly stronger, just move those to special options. If the modifiers can be changed on an item to item basis, then there would be no trouble with any IM gear. if not, some IM gear could have at least a part of their bonuses as special options..

I can't know how this could exactly be done (if at all), so don't get too caught up with the specifics, those aren't up to us. 

Edited by Precrush, 29 June 2016 - 05:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users