Dungeon bosses' skills cooldown - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dungeon bosses' skills cooldown

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

Dungeon bosses should at least have  a bit of cooldown or interval between skills.

For example:

- Cave of Ulverick: 1st and 2nd boss' stuns -> 5 seconds interval or cooldown

- Hall of Oblivion: King and Queen -> 5 seconds interval or cooldown.

It's really painful when they AoE + Burn 3 times in a row without stopping.

Because the burn damage is so high in such a short duration, in addition the AoE damage,

it's hard for survive 2 successive waves of AoE without concentrating 100%.

For teams without good gear they will all die after the first wave.

Since now every classes have longer skill cooldown. Bosses should be adjust a bit too.

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 29 June 2016 - 10:03 PM.

#2 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

This is a good suggestion for how to resolve issues a lot of players are having with these dungeons. Thank you for your feedback, forwarding this to the ROSE Team to look into. 

#3 gio2go

gio2go

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Server:Polaris, Draconis, Arua

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:48 PM

maybe, hopefully, this can be included in the next update (if not in the July 1 maintenance) :D

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:58 AM

I believe they have a cooldown, but it's a 'window' type mechanic. 

For example, The spider Sub-Bosses in CoU have a '10 second window' to cast the stun skill, but the AI just loops which skill is in that window, once that window is expired, the skill rotates.

So the issue isn't really the Skill having a cooldown, it's that the window needs to rotate more frequently and not be as long. 

It would increase the dynamic feel of combat with Bosses, but also prevent those annoying situations where you get stunned several times in a row.

Something else that I still have a huge problem with, and is now much worse is the atrocious Mute duration's in HoO. With the new game meta moving towards skill casting and away from Melee combat, these Mutes do NOT and should not last 20 seconds. They should be 10 seconds at most, and should be around an 80% rate, giving the team a good probability that at least 1 person won't get muted, and they can CC the boss while the Mute tic's down on the other members. This would entice more team play, and prevent the literally unfair mechanic from wiping teams with 1 skill use. 

Just some food for thought. 

Edited by Feuer, 30 June 2016 - 03:58 AM.

#5 AshKam

AshKam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Dublin, Ireland
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:21 AM

Yea. Agree with the cool down adjustment. I even tried before receiving 3 wave of stun from COU or 3 wave of AoE skill from mummy King. The continuous stun in CoU stopping my cleric to heal and at last team wipe even with a 12k def 40k HP knight lol.

And the mummy King is insane with one skill it could team wipe except knight maybe could stand for another skill only.

Suggestion:
1) increase or avoiding skill being cast by mobs continuously (like no cool down at at). It should be same with player.
2) increase the amount of mp needed to cast skill by mobs and lower amount of max mp. So at least if we can stand longer in DG we are given the chances of the mobs finish its mp pool.

Also after the paradigm shift I found that the bosses now are so "greedy" they will change their target to nearby enemy even those char are not hitting him. Eg mummy King will hit slamander flame or cleric even I taunted it with my knight. Hope this is a bug that could be fixed. Or I'm the only one have this problem.

And, I found that while we player are being nerf and at the same time elemental weakened and strength being implemented it become totally unfair to use. IE The calculation like if only nerf-ing player will be like 2-1=1. But in the current situation nerf plus elemental the calculation will be like 2-1-1=0. It will be like double nerf something like that. So personally I feels that the atk power and etc of mobs needs to be adjust as well.

And the god like holy element is so annoying lol.

*sorry for my bad English, hope you understand what I would like to express. Or I could further explanation of needed*

Thanks

#6 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

I had a ridiculous time with 8 successive stuns in cou. Guess the server had a hiccup that time. LOL

#7 AshKam

AshKam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Dublin, Ireland
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

I had a ridiculous time with 8 successive stuns in cou. Guess the server had a hiccup that time. LOL

Hope they will work on this. I love Dg so much... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users