Turning off the item pick up "hand" - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Turning off the item pick up "hand"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheBlueRuby

TheBlueRuby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

I recently decided to start leveling a priest and have decided to do it with mostly mercenary scrolls. I am running into issues healing my merc as he does not appear in my party menu, I cannot heal him from the mercenary information menu (as far as I can tell) and After a few mob kill The ground is littered with trash drops and when I hover my cursor over him it turns into the little "hand" for item pickup. 

Is there a "best practices" way to heal your merc? Can I disable my cursor turning into the item pickup hand to make manual heal targeting a little easier?

#2 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

Either turn the mercenary "idle" and move away a little from the loot (or try panning the camera a little) or Alt+Left Click on the ground elsewhere for a quick heal.

#3 TheBlueRuby

TheBlueRuby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:05 PM

There's really no cleaner way to do it?

#4 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

I only use mercenaries every now and then so maybe some of the regulars might know of a better way. Alt+Left clicks get priority so all it takes is a quick click to move the merc away a bit. This might also help you in a way if your merc is tanking a few mobs and you need to heal it urgently. You could try to change the snap options via your Options Menu>Video Configuration to enable attack. This causes the mouse cursor to snap to the nearest target. But once again if the spot is mobby then you won't be able to hover normally as the cursor will keep snapping to the nearest monster. I haven't tried this method yet so I can't confirm if it works with Mercenaries or not. But since enabling this option or disabling it is quick and requires no map change or relogin, you should be able to test it out.

#5 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:17 AM

You can also try to get some mercenairy red potions from the "Mercenary Merchant" for emergencies.

They can be found near any mercenary scroll selling npc.

Up to you to descide if they are worth the zeny though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users