I'm curious, what's the market value of Empowered Wand of Affection? - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I'm curious, what's the market value of Empowered Wand of Affection?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Chasu014

Chasu014

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:27 AM

I usually check pricing at Ragi.al for info. but, it's been a while since I saw someone vend Emp. wand of affection, is it worth vending? Thanks for anyone who'll answer~

#2 Nix02

Nix02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Yes and No.

The equipment itself is hard very hard extremely hard to get as you have a random chance of getting a Wand of Affection vs a Mace of Judgement combined with a not so friendly enchanting system and may even end up breaking your equipment. This reason alone probably makes people who do manage to get one opt to keep it for themselves making it very valuable and worth vending.

The drawback is that it can be made through daily quests so many may rather opt to make one themselves especially those with a lot of alts.

If you could manage to reach a price that would still be feasible in the market without underlying the effort you would have needed to make it then go for it!

Sorry if I couldn't provide you an actual price for it because if I manage to get one myself, I'd rather keep it.

400 coins used and counting  :p_cry: 

Edited by Nix02, 02 July 2016 - 12:51 PM.

#3 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

If you want a reference price, a Glorious Cure Wand costs 2.000 KVM badges = 2.000 OPBs, and the Glorious Cure Wand is better than the Empowered WoA, except for being account bound. So, an EWoA should cost less than the price of 2K OPBs to be worth purchasing.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 05 July 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#4 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

2000 opb = 2000 kvm

http://irowiki.org/w...den_Merit_Badge

#5 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:37 PM

OMG! I made a stupid mistake there. Thank you for correcting me.

#6 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:39 PM

Yes and No.

The equipment itself is hard very hard extremely hard to get as you have a random chance of getting a Wand of Affection vs a Mace of Judgement combined with a not so friendly enchanting system and may even end up breaking your equipment. This reason alone probably makes people who do manage to get one opt to keep it for themselves making it very valuable and worth vending.

The drawback is that it can be made through daily quests so many may rather opt to make one themselves especially those with a lot of alts.

If you could manage to reach a price that would still be feasible in the market without underlying the effort you would have needed to make it then go for it!

Sorry if I couldn't provide you an actual price for it because if I manage to get one myself, I'd rather keep it.

400 coins used and counting  :p_cry: 

Do you sell nicely enchanted WoAs? Like those with INT +2/SP+100 enchants. They sell for a nice price, which helps to reduce the losses incurred in the proccess. I'm at about 80 coins atm, but I always sell those wands worth something, and I always buy cheap clean wands when I see them.

#7 Nix02

Nix02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

Do you sell nicely enchanted WoAs? Like those with INT +2/SP+100 enchants. They sell for a nice price, which helps to reduce the losses incurred in the proccess. I'm at about 80 coins atm, but I always sell those wands worth something, and I always buy cheap clean wands when I see them.

I'm from Thor though and we don't have a market for those.  :sob:

#8 Chasu014

Chasu014

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

I see, that's one reason I don't see anyone vending it, thanks for the response~ XD Ill just try my luck and get 1 myself, I'm still a new player, I just created my AB last month and was looking at decent equips, that's when I saw WoA/EWoA.

#9 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

If you are new, I don't recommend you to even try making Empowered Wand of Affection.

The chance is extremely low.

I spent over 2k Mora coins and couldn't get even one Wand of Affection that has required enchants.

Getting Glorious Cure Wand is easier and cheaper. And it's more useful because of 10% after cast delay cut.

#10 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:57 PM

If you really want big heal number, +4 recovery light can do equal heal with empowered Wand of affection and doesn't really kill sp cost

But i Will say no one bother with heal number at party, high heal lvl 5 10K and coluseo 4-5K is already enough

I think the most important ABs forget now is maintain SP, the moment you stop healing/buff/resu, entire party Will wiped. Better spend that gamble zeny for sp potion which can used for entire life play as AB :P

Sadly but truth, many AB have luxury equipment but keeping say no sp when support at big party :P

#11 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

alternative cheaper staffs include

strong recovery wand

speedy recovery wand

thanatos staff[1]

#12 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

If you really want big heal number, +4 recovery light can do equal heal with empowered Wand of affection and doesn't really kill sp cost

[...]
I think the most important ABs forget now is maintain SP, the moment you stop healing/buff/resu, entire party Will wiped. Better spend that gamble zeny for sp potion which can used for entire life play as AB :P

Sadly but truth, many AB have luxury equipment but keeping say no sp when support at big party :P

I agree with you, though being alive is as important as keeping SP... maybe a little bit more important. :P But if you think so, why recomend the Recovery Light? I understand that it doesn't increase the SP cost for Coluseo and High Heal at low level upgrades, but the cost of normal Heal is increased by quite a bit. And at +4 the heal increase is good, but maybe a nicely enchanted WoA (INT +1/+2 with SP +100 enchant) can do a better job at balancing both healing + keeping your SP, if you don't use the whole affection set (which I don't think is worth).

alternative cheaper staffs include

strong recovery wand

speedy recovery wand

thanatos staff[1]

I love my Thanatos Staff. The HP/10secs cost is completely negligible and it helps a lot with healing (INT+6/Heal Effect +15%), a lillte bit with survavibility (VIT +6), and has no SP cost increase. It will eat a bit of your luck, though, but it's a very cheap price for what this staff gives. And it can be easily farmed with a 120+ char, by doing the Ghost Palace instance. Also, it's also usable on Warlock and Sorcerer, though it's not that great for damage, but the HP/SP recovery effect helps a lot for soloing.

#13 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

i used over 2k coins also and didn't get an empowered WoA. got enough empowered mace of judgement to upgrade them using a mastersmith though.

#14 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

it took me 2k coins to get my EWoA to have double archbishop 1 enchants, and it still pales in comparison to a Glorious Cure Wand, trust me, you arent missing out on much.

Also, finally this topic gets moved to its proper thread. was going bonkers wondering why Cinnamod would leave this in General forums for so long.

#15 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

i have a double archbishop enchant too, but then i thought about the dex enchants, and now i have a dex+10 wand :D

#16 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:32 AM

I agree with you, though being alive is as important as keeping SP... maybe a little bit more important. :P But if you think so, why recomend the Recovery Light? I understand that it doesn't increase the SP cost for Coluseo and High Heal at low level upgrades, but the cost of normal Heal is increased by quite a bit. And at +4 the heal increase is good, but maybe a nicely enchanted WoA (INT +1/+2 with SP +100 enchant) can do a better job at balancing both healing + keeping your SP, if you don't use the whole affection set (which I don't think is worth).

I love my Thanatos Staff. The HP/10secs cost is completely negligible and it helps a lot with healing (INT+6/Heal Effect +15%), a lillte bit with survavibility (VIT +6), and has no SP cost increase. It will eat a bit of your luck, though, but it's a very cheap price for what this staff gives. And it can be easily farmed with a 120+ char, by doing the Ghost Palace instance. Also, it's also usable on Warlock and Sorcerer, though it's not that great for damage, but the HP/SP recovery effect helps a lot for soloing.

actually recovery light increase sp cost for coluseo and high heal per refine

i just comparing +4 recovery light with eWOA in term of heal number and price. i'd personally fine using any staff, it's not like it will change your heal number drastically

this my high heal lvl 5 testing with(120 int, lvl 175 AB, no gear)

recovery light +9= 12,2k

strong recovery wand=9,2k

eden staff III archbishop lvl1=8,7k

you see, even i use recovery light +9 with 54% increase heal, it only heal more 3,5K than eden staff III

Edited by Azumatsu, 12 July 2016 - 01:33 AM.

#17 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:06 AM

Recovery light is not a general purpose healing tool after +5, it is a Sanctuary amplifier.

By all merits everyone should aim for the glorious cure wand, or at least use a thanatos staff till then. Only in terms of healing though i say. Any pvm situation outside healing i suggest a long mace for no reason at all apart from the fact its a mace, and its long.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 12 July 2016 - 05:07 AM.

#18 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:02 AM

Speedy recovery Wand can be option too, since it's cheap and even better than glorious cure Wand in term of spamming Lex aterna/Lex divina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users