Elemental Scrolls\Dungeon Discussion - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Elemental Scrolls\Dungeon Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShaneLortie

ShaneLortie

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:52 PM

So for runes I'll have to obtain 8 different weapons and a minimum of 8 different armor sets. And I say 8 armor sets because you will need 2 runes in each set or the strengths of them will be naturalized if you put one rune in a set. As well as 8 Different weapons because of the weaknesses.

That seems a little far.

Now dungeons it's getting a little hard to even do them when you can't que with a cleric, I suggest some sort of system where you must have a healer, and or tank (optional because it's possible to tank as other classes but you can't hold aggro).

It's pretty hard to play when you can only que with dos.

Edited by ShaneLortie, 03 July 2016 - 04:57 AM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

Eh, what? By runes I'm assuming you meant Elemental Scrolls? 

#3 ShaneLortie

ShaneLortie

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:59 AM

i can't qoute because I'm on my phone but thanks for correcting me, what's your opinion on runes since you use the forums alot

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

Runes:Great Idea, horribly executed. 

#5 ShaneLortie

ShaneLortie

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

I agree I like the idea for PVM but pvp is going to be interesting

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:06 AM

Nothing really wrong with the stats they provide, as a large majority are Utility style bonuses like Resistances and Range modifiers.

Globally, damage in PvP should be 2/3's what it currently is. PvP is not fun when you can die within the 1.75 second stun window [accounting for animations and such].

My issue with how they were implemented is the rate at which you gain Materials in PvM does not match the rate at which you gain them in PvP. I've had this same contention with the currencies Valor and Honor and debated many times that Valor is not easier to gain than Honor, as you have to be capable of defeating the Dungeon, if you fail you earn very little if any, Dungeons take longer to complete on average, and require more GA Energy per hour than PvP modes. Now that same stance is being taken on Paradigm Empowerment materials, and it's starting to not just rub me the wrong way, but illustrate that I simply do not have time to play this game anymore, not competitively, I mean at all. 

Because game balance in ROSE directly relates to min-maxing and it always has, at a point in the somewhat near future, if you do not possess Runes upgraded to a certain point, you will not be able to progress in higher level PvP's, or Dungeons [assuming the level cap is pushed up once those modes are released]. I, do not have thousands of hours to sink into ROSE just to remain having fun with the game. The point? If runes are not made more accessible in SOME method to casuals and players who work the week days or have other commitments, they will simply find something that requires less hourly investment to simply play. That is why MOBA's are stealing prior MMO lovers all over the world. You log-in, pick something to play, and go have fun. That used to be ROSE, but that died a long time ago and we're only going to make it worse if these types of input are not taken seriously. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users