Problem with quest "In need of repairs" - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with quest "In need of repairs"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Knubbis91

Knubbis91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

This quest is given by Dr. Ega in wreckage of the blinding mist on planet Orlo.

It requires you to capture some snakes, and salvage equipment from the desert. Now that last part about salvaging equipment is a huge pain, and totally flawed.

It doesn't say what you need to salvage exactly, but that is fine, you'll figure it out when you explore the planet. 

Normally you'd come across these parts that looks like little spaceships or shelters, and your curiosity would allow you to explore them, and that's when you would figure out that aha, these are the things I need to salvage, since you got a quest item for doing so.

Except it doesn't work that way. If you just run up to them, you get nothing, you have to either stick around for some time, or be standing on the exact spot to get the quest item (Like pixel perfect positioning). I still havn't figured out how it works, I just circle around the things I know gives the quest items, and after about 7+ laps around I'd randomly get it. Except the times I can't stick around since there is a king monster standing right there.

If there weren't guides to point out which parts you need to salvage, you'd never figure it out unless you were very lucky.

So yea, this quest need to be looked at, it's very frustrating to say at least.

#2 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

It's been years since I did those quests so I don't remember the quest wording but if you think it was unclear, you should post how it should be reworded.  The dev team consists of one guy now, so giving some examples of how it could be made better rather than saying "it should be looked at" might result in some improvements.

it was relatively easy since for my friend and I when we did it since I have a raider with stealth. I just went around each area until I found the spot that triggered the quest drop, then we quickly moved the other characters in and out. Sometimes one of us lured the king away long enough to get everyone in. Tricky at times, but definitely doable.

I do have a suggestion of something that might help. If the trigger spots by each piece of wreckage were shiny (like the spots for the scavenger hunt during the Summer Festival), that would make it easier for players to get the quest drop without making it too easy since you'd still have to deal with or avoid the kings that guard those places.

That questline results in a permanent passive so I think it's not super easy intentionally. But it could definitely be improved, just like anything else.

#3 Knubbis91

Knubbis91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:02 AM

You're right, I could have offered a solution, my bad. I guess I was still a little frustrated after dying several times trying to get the last one.

My point is that leveling and questing solo already is painfully slow at this point, and the game shouldn't frustrate players even further with things like this, especially for a quest that you (kind of) need.

The shiny circle idea might be the best solution actually, in that case you won't have to reprogram the quest or anything like that, just add a graphical element :)

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

You're right, I could have offered a solution, my bad. I guess I was still a little frustrated after dying several times trying to get the last one.

My point is that leveling and questing solo already is painfully slow at this point, and the game shouldn't frustrate players even further with things like this, especially for a quest that you (kind of) need.

The shiny circle idea might be the best solution actually, in that case you won't have to reprogram the quest or anything like that, just add a graphical element :)

It's totally understandable- even with our system, my friend and I still did our share of dying :P Did you finally finish the questline or are you still working on it?

#5 Knubbis91

Knubbis91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

I got the passive skill so yea. Don't know if the quests after that is part of a questline or if they're just repeatable quests, curerntly I'm having trouble finding fiery snappers, there simply are none whenever I go looking, and killing the barbed snappers just spawns more (and bigger) barbed snappers  :hmm:

While I'm at it I have one question. As I understand it you get passage to Muris at lvl 200, or do you have to finish quests too? Thanks

Edited by Knubbis91, 06 July 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#6 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:58 PM

I got the passive skill so yea. Don't know if the quests after that is part of a questline or if they're just repeatable quests, curerntly I'm having trouble finding fiery snappers, there simply are none whenever I go looking, and killing the barbed snappers just spawns more (and bigger) barbed snappers  :hmm:

While I'm at it I have one question. As I understand it you get passage to Muris at lvl 200, or do you have to finish quests too? Thanks

At level 200 you can go to Muris but yes, there's a catch as always :P   You need to have a fate (Arua or Hebarn). If you did the quest to open a portal to Orlo in Oblivion Temple at 180 (Royals of Oblivion), then you should have one. You can check your unique skill tab for either an Arua or Hebarn passive.

If you don't have the fate passive, it's simple enough to get. You need the 5 ancient tablets and I can give you those if you need them. Then go to Jones in Junon and take all 5 quests. They involve a lot of running around talking to NPC's.  That you can do prior to level 200. When you are level 200 (with a fate) simply go to the entrance to Muris, fight the NPC that will spawn there, then click on the Pharoh's Key in your consumable tab and enter the city. Go all the way thru to the other end and talk to the queen for a permant passive skill called Vizier's Key, That passive allows you to travel to Orlo using the normal teleporter.  Feel free to whisper to me ingame on HoneyBuns if you get confused or need help with any of this.

ps- You can find some Fiery Snappers here :P

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users