Server is a joke, DB, BB, Amulet everywhere. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Server is a joke, DB, BB, Amulet everywhere.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 e63v

e63v

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:06 PM

iRO really is going down the drain.

Came back to play since I'm having holidays, every single map is litterally being filled with Dead Branch and Amulet monsters, some even have Bloody Branch MVPs. No idea whats the intention of this.

Starting out at Izlude, I head towards Prontera fields 05 trying to level with hornets, instantly died with multiple Soldier Skeletons and Archer Skeletons near the Kafra.

Fine, I head towards Payon with only 2000 zeny gained from junk loots, went to the spores map, A SWARM of BB and Amulet monsters by the portal.I move south of payon, got hit with tons of amulet monsters. Munak, Sekeleton General, Zombie Slaughter. etc etc. 

Okay, I manage to obtain some strawberries and sell em to buyers. I try my luck again to Geffen, tried east, west, and north and ALL have unkillable monsters. Eremes Guile, Incubus, Soldier skeletons, Seyren Windsor, Ice Titan, just to name a few?

I decided to give a Morocc a go, head to the pyramids for familiars, I got hit by multiple Bio Lab monsters, Cecil Damon, Laurell Winder etc. Without even gaining 50% exp, I died numerous times. Finally, on my last attempt, I got hit by a Egnigem Cenia?! 

I spent my entire day hoping around maps, finding a feasible place to level and hunt for sellable items at the same time. I end up getting close to none? After selling them items, I can't even compensate for the zeny lost through buying consumables and Kafra teleporting. 

Really? Is this some sort of a welcome to returning or new players using first jobs? Nowonder you have a declining population, WarpPortal. So frustrated with the current situation. I can't level, can't hunt for sellable loots, and I certainly DO NOT ENJOY the game anymore. Way to spoil a memorable and worthy MMO. 

Sent in a ticket, haven't got a reply for like 2 WORKING days now? Am I supposed to die at least 10 times to gain 1 base level? Most beginner maps are filled with at least 1 DB, Amulet or BB monsters. I teleport away from a Munak, just to arrive at another spot to face a Zombie Slaughter. I can't fathom the purpose of playing this game anymore. 

#2 YoloSwagMain

YoloSwagMain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:31 PM

make some friends and ask them to kill them for you

#3 domingoJ

domingoJ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

Bots cause those problem.

#4 vSolemn

vSolemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:45 PM

You'd think that bots will give up after dying repeatedly multiple times, sadly this hurts actual players more then bots.

Get fly wings.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:47 PM

You'd think that bots will give up after dying repeatedly multiple times, sadly this hurts actual players more then bots.

Programs don't have feelings so thinking that they would give up eventually is silly.

#6 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:58 PM

Hello You can also post in here https://forums.warpp...monster-thread/

People often visit that thread for free kills of branched monsters

#7 domingoJ

domingoJ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:36 PM

Get fly wings.

I think people who kill bots with db do such a thing just for fun.

Anyway,bots are considered the root of all evil. :hmm:

#8 e63v

e63v

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

make some friends and ask them to kill them for you

Will try, but sadly most are either unwilling to help a Criatura equipped newbie or they are just AFK.

Get fly wings.

I don't know about bots, but as an actual player, it really lowers my enjoyment of the game. Even with bots, the amount of displeasure is lower. Without any means of income, I don't see how I am going to get enough zeny to last me. Selling clovers and fluffs isn't gonna get me enough funds for fly wings. I refuse to beg for it either.

Hello You can also post in here https://forums.warpp...monster-thread/

People often visit that thread for free kills of branched monsters

Thank you. Thats really helpful. Didn't know that thread existed. 

BTW, if the reasoning behind those DB, BB and amulet uses are bots related, why are the bots still around? What impact does the use of such items brings to bots? As far as I know, through observation, the bots are still around. It does not seem to have an effect on such malicious programs? I am surely not the first to encounter such experiences, and I certainly am not the last one to face this problem. This damages my morale and excitement to rejoin the game, used to felt hype about rejoining, couldnt say the same now.

As a returning player with a first job, it really is frustrating to come back to such sights. Thus far, bots do not seem to affect me yet. 

Worst outcome as a solo player, I would assume that I'd be fighting spawns with bots most of the time. Which I think would be the least of my concern, given the high spawn amounts of monsters in most maps.

However with the current DB, BB and Amulet spawns everywhere, I DO NOT have a single chance of staying in a map beyond 15 minutes. Top it up with the drop rates of certain items, my chances of advancing in the game is ZILCH aka NONE. At this rate, I could maybe advance to a second job on Christmas. Besides that, isn't the 2x EXP ending soon? By all means, you can call me a noob, a lousy player, for not doing "this or that, not using this item or that item". But, I am adapting to the game after years of hiatus and I enjoy doing so on my own pace. 

While I do appreciate GMs putting in effort to eradicate bots and put in new contents, isn't the entire purpose of doing so is to ensure players have a fair, enjoyable and equal chance at the game? I have yet to notice any official response or feedback regarding such issues on the forum from Developers, Game Masters or any other personnel involved. 

#9 vSolemn

vSolemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

I worded that poorly, what I'm trying to say is bots don't care about those stuff, they will still make money regardless.

db/bb/amulet to kill bots is a stupid idea anyway, if you ask me I'd rather level and farm without those monsters even if there are bots rather than die and have to walk there again.

I know a guy who brags about popping db/bb in orc dungeon/ant hell and such, he's not the brightest person.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

Bots are still around because there hasn't been a surefire way to keep them out of the game. Gold sellers stick around because people still buy from them and players bot because they're too lazy to level.

#11 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:03 AM

When I was a newb and my leveling maps were being swarmed with that stuff... I went to south prontera and screamed "HUGE MOB OF *BLAH* AT *BLAH* PLEASE COME KILL IT I DON'T HAVE HIGH LEVEL CHARACTERS"

-_- got done quick.

I don't know if you can still do that though, I was a newb 5 years ago (I'm still a newb, but sssshhhh)

#12 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:28 AM

Sorry you had to experience that.

Prontera Field 05 - There's not really bots here but people often repeatedly Dead Branch themself to lose EXP so they can stay within a certain level range for the Gramps Turn Ins. Sometimes also on the opposite side of Prontera too, as I found when trying to help a new player do some beginner Eden kill quests. They should probably just add a Grim Reaper NPC that takes a bit of zeny and insta-kills you.

Spores Map - This is a popular map for low-level bots to farm zeny by collecting and selling strawberries etc. to players since it has high spawn and is close to a Kafra. Some players take it upon themself to do vigilante bot control using Amulets etc. which sadly hurts real players in the crossfire. I'd recommend maybe trying a map further out with spores if you want to avoid the chaos but still get quest kill counts.

Morroc Pyramids - Popular area for bots to farm and sell for zeny items required for Mora daily quests. So perhaps more vigilante bot control.

As others said, spamming amulets etc. isn't effective in the long-term. I don't think there is an easy solution though I did think it'd be cool if they implemented a mini-game similar to Sortables Captcha on forums, where you might sort via drag and drop randomized RO card illustrations into groups (e.g. Kobolds on one side). And like with the roulette machine kRO once had, real players could be rewarded. It wouldn't stop partially manned bots, but it might hinder those who just leave their bots running 24/7 unmanned.

EDIT: Just to be clear after reading your other post, GMs aren't the ones spamming Amulets/DB/BB, it's all players.

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 12:51 AM.

#13 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:33 AM

If you're on chaos, just pop by geffen next to the bounty board. I'm usually there. South Prontera is a good place too, to ask for help.

Edit: Because how often this map are DB-ed, people normally don't bother cleaning it up unless someone complains or they are affected themselves.

Edited by yamasakai90, 05 July 2016 - 12:38 AM.

#14 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:42 AM

When I was a newb and my leveling maps were being swarmed with that stuff... I went to south prontera and screamed "HUGE MOB OF *BLAH* AT *BLAH* PLEASE COME KILL IT I DON'T HAVE HIGH LEVEL CHARACTERS"

-_- got done quick.

I don't know if you can still do that though, I was a newb 5 years ago (I'm still a newb, but sssshhhh)

Because it's a popular map for high level players to spawn Bloody Branches they made that map have a separate instance if you're under a certain level, since now I think all new players start in Izlude (used to be you started in the town related to the character class you picked) and may walk to Prontera via there, so I think now it wouldn't be possible for a brand new player to contact the high level players there.

EDIT: I stand corrected VVVVVV :thx: Joatmon

Edit: Because how often this map are DB-ed, people normally don't bother cleaning it up unless someone complains or they are affected themselves.

^ :ok:

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 01:18 AM.

#15 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Because it's a popular map for high level players to spawn Bloody Branches they made that map have a separate instance if you're under a certain level, since now I think all new players start in Izlude (used to be you started in the town related to the character class you picked) and may walk to Prontera via there, so I think now it wouldn't be possible for a brand new player to contact the high level players there.

^ :ok:

You can't BB next to towns anymore and there's a channel changing NPC so newbs can interact with new people. Also fun fact, if you finish all the criatura quests without going into the prontera field you'll always be on the same channel as other people. I think it's after your first job change actually.

#16 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

You can't BB next to towns anymore and there's a channel changing NPC so newbs can interact with new people. Also fun fact, if you finish all the criatura quests without going into the prontera field you'll always be on the same channel as other people. I think it's after your first job change actually.

Oh right, didn't know that about BB, cool. I guess people can still Dead Branch though.

And ah, didn't know about the channel changing NPC either. I wonder how obvious it would be to new players though? In the past when I've been helping new players they didn't know about the channel changing NPC when following me out of Prontera, and I've just been telling them to meet me next map over heh. Now I know though.

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 12:57 AM.

#17 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:56 AM

Oh right, didn't know that about BB, cool. I guess people can still Dead Branch though.

And ah, didn't know about the channel changing NPC either. I wonder how obvious it would be to new players though? In the past when I've been helping new players they didn't know about the channel changing NPC when following me out of Prontera, and I've just been telling them to meet me next map over heh. Now I know though.

It's in Izlude on the bridge :U

#18 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:58 AM

It's in Izlude on the bridge :U

Oh right, I guess they should make it pop up a notification message when you pass it if you're under a certain level as I've met new players who made it all the way to Prontera without being aware that existed. :heh:

I've never actually gone through Criatura, so that's good to know about the quests too, thanks. :thx:

#19 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:01 AM

Oh right, I guess they should make it pop up a notification message when you pass it if you're under a certain level as I've met new players who made it all the way to Prontera without being aware that existed. :heh:

I've never actually gone through Criatura, so that's good to know about the quests too, thanks. :thx:

:U

Why do people never go through the tutorial area? Why? It's like some of the easiest early exp and it teaches you -_- tons about the game :| No wonder we have so many idiots running around.

#20 asvaynevc

asvaynevc

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:07 AM

last week someone summon valkyrie randgris in beach_dun, i tell about this in prontera ppl, but no one wanna help :D yeah sometime this really annoying, especially when a ton summon i m newbie too, but i usually use fly wing

#21 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:08 AM

:U

Why do people never go through the tutorial area? Why? It's like some of the easiest early exp and it teaches you -_- tons about the game :| No wonder we have so many idiots running around.

Oh, well in my case I haven't done Criatura as I'm an old fogey player so I tend to just take advantage of collected gears in my storage. :heh:

But when creating a new character recently I did feel it was weird to just be dumped out on the boat in Izlude rather than at the new tutorial area (Criatura). I think the old Training Grounds was good in that respect.

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#22 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:04 AM

last week someone summon valkyrie randgris in beach_dun, i tell about this in prontera ppl, but no one wanna help :D yeah sometime this really annoying, especially when a ton summon i m newbie too, but i usually use fly wing

Cause its Valk...  :heh:  If its like Bee and Ifrit as well, i wouln't go unless i got a proper team. Just finish clearing payon 8 which is a heavily bot-ed map. Told the guy spawning, if you want to continue, do it 15mins later when my friend leaves the map. Until then, I'm cleaning this place up.

:p_swt:

#23 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:24 AM

Cause its Valk...  :heh:  If its like Bee and Ifrit as well, i wouln't go unless i got a proper team. Just finish clearing payon 8 which is a heavily bot-ed map. Told the guy spawning, if you want to continue, do it 15mins later when my friend leaves the map. Until then, I'm cleaning this place up.

:p_swt:

You don't need a team at all to kill valk/bee or ifrit nowadays :D Just pm someone who is killing mvp usually and he/she will solo them in a few seconds :)

To the op: i'm not really playing the game anylonger outside woe but feel free to pm me if you need some help with those monsters (not interested in killing mvps, will just help on everything else).

Edited by meditation, 05 July 2016 - 02:27 AM.

#24 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:50 AM

You don't need a team at all to kill valk/bee or ifrit nowadays :D Just pm someone who is killing mvp usually and he/she will solo them in a few seconds :)

To the op: i'm not really playing the game anylonger outside woe but feel free to pm me if you need some help with those monsters (not interested in killing mvps, will just help on everything else).

I do... cause *plays with fingers* I'm just an average geared gene/RK :P

#25 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:52 AM

just pm me :rice:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users