• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 mbotbotter01

mbotbotter01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:57 AM

First sorry for my english. How do you feel about a new p2p server in iro? What do you suggest for a new p2p server? These are my suggestions. Please share your opinions and suggestions too

PAYMENT METHOD
- 30 days vip (700 wp) = permanently unlock 9 char slots
- 7 days vip (200 wp) = permanently unlock 2 char slots (every purchase will unlock 2 additional slots, up to 9 slots)
- 100 wp = permanently unlock 1 slot

Important note
- free vip shouldn't unlock char slots.
- never give free char slots.

KAFRA SHOP
FAW

- faw enchant follows similar rule as rwc acc enchant. You can reset each individual enchant using 'faw enchant reset ticket' sold in kafra shop.

Discussion
- how many kp should 'faw enchant reset ticket' cost?
- should faw be sold regularly in kafra shop? If yes, how many kp should it cost?

KBC
- obtainable from kafra doll box every iro birthday for 7(?) days

Note
- first we need to implement kafra doll box (a box containing 1 random kafra doll). Then every iro birthday add kbc to the box.

Discussion
- how many days should kbc stay in the box?

SHADOW EQUIPMENT
- kafra shop only sells stanley shadow armor box. You can trade 2(?) stanley shadow gears for 1 random new shadow gear (physical, magical, rapid, malicious, spellflow & any shadow gears that will be implemented in the future).

Important note
- never put shadow gears in lucky box
- unfrozen & mvp shadow gears should never be implemented.

Discussion
- amount of stanley shadow gears needed to trade.
- any type of stanley shadow gears for any type of new shadow gear -OR- stanley shadow shoes for new shadow shoes, stanley shadow shield for new shadow shield, etc?

REMOVE FROM KAFRA SHOP & LUCKY BOX
- stat +10 food
- stat +20 food

Discussion
- what item do you wish to be removed from kafra shop? What do you wish to be added?

REFINING EVENT
- enriched hammer/shadow event will be available 4(?) times a year, 7(?) days each time.
- enriched & hd ores will have 150%(?) price when there's refining event.

Discussion
- how many enrich hammer/shadow event a year? How many days each time?
- price of enriched & hd ores when there's refining event.

PARAMARKET
- unlimited, always available: aloe leaflet (3x white pot price), strawberry (6x white pot price), catalyst ingredients (poison/acid/grenade bottle, etc.)
- limited, not always available: ?

Discussion
- aloe leaflet, strawberry, other items cost
- what items should/shouldn't be put in paramarket?

Rant
- most ingredients are dropped by one monster only, and almost all of those monsters are low level. Do they want to attract bot that much? I mean who has the time to farm those items?

TRANSFER BETWEEN SERVER
- No zeny/item transfer
- No char transfer until a ?number of players have reach lv175.

Discussion
- How many lv175 players before char transfer available?

I don't think ro can be purely p2p like it used to. We just need to accept kafra shop as part of the game. But we still need to be wise to choose what is implemented in kafra shop. Mvp shadow gears & sealed mvp cards are example of things that should never be implemented.

So what other wpe/kp items can be added to fund the server while keeping the game interesting? Please share your opinions and suggestions.

tl:dr read payment method and maybe faw enchantshadow equipment & remove from kafra shop & lucky box. the other suggestions even i don't really care. i just wish for a bot free server.

Edited by mbotbotter01, 06 July 2016 - 02:22 AM.

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:13 AM

posting suggestions for a new server with a name like that is a surefire way to not get taken seriously

#3 mbotbotter01

mbotbotter01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:10 AM

posting suggestions for a new server with a name like that is a surefire way to not get taken seriously

why is that? loki, chaos, sakray, iris, fenrir. arent servers named after the manhwa characters?

#4 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:33 AM

why is that? loki, chaos, sakray, iris, fenrir. arent servers named after the manhwa characters?

Make it "Sara" Instead. Perhaps Necrohealiac will take it seriously.  :heh:

#5 mbotbotter01

mbotbotter01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:10 AM

oh right sara! also the thief girl. iris because it's been used before. but sara, fenrir, and the thief girl are good names too.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:39 AM

Chaos, Loki, and Iris were the original server names back when the game was pay-to-play so reusing them just confuses people who come back from that era. The current Loki and Chaos servers are not the same servers as the ones back then.

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:43 AM

i'm talking about YOUR name.

#8 mbotbotter01

mbotbotter01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:54 AM

i'm talking about YOUR name.

hope you get the msg. btw mbot (hmm-bot without the h) is a legit name.  :heh:

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:59 AM

doesn't matter if your legally recognized name is Bot M. McBotter. a guy with a forum name like that asking for a brand new server is going to be mighty suspicious.

#10 mbotbotter01

mbotbotter01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:05 AM

doesn't matter if your legally recognized name is Bot M. McBotter. a guy with a forum name like that asking for a brand new server is going to be mighty suspicious.

this one's good for sig. may i use it?

#11 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:25 AM

Pay to play servers are the bane of bot players and zeny sellers as the cost to make new accounts in order to make money is too high to be worth it when they can make the same amount of money on the free to play server. The bot players that won't be deterred are the ones who level by botting.

Regardless of that... Previously the Pay to Play servers we had were far too underpopulated and was too server intensive to keep up so we got Chaos so I don't see why we'd want to make one again.

I'd be for it but we won't have the population for it.

#12 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

A new server isn't entirely a bad idea, just... not sure a P2P one would be successful. In order for a P2P to launch successfully, it being advertised and thrown out there would have to be done to even come close. iRO doesn't do pretty much anything to get iRO's name out there.

I mean like, closest thing we got is Tiki Tuesday streams. Which in all honesty, most likely do a better job of keeping people away than reeling them in.

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:44 AM

Pay to play servers are the bane of bot players and zeny sellers as the cost to make new accounts in order to make money is too high to be worth it when they can make the same amount of money on the free to play server. The bot players that won't be deterred are the ones who level by botting.

Regardless of that... Previously the Pay to Play servers we had were far too underpopulated and was too server intensive to keep up so we got Chaos so I don't see why we'd want to make one again.

I'd be for it but we won't have the population for it.

i played when this game was still p2p. didn't do jack all to deter bots.

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:54 PM

Three words: fake credit cards. Doesn't faze them in the least.

#15 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:19 AM

Back when there was Ymir (P2P) and Valkyrie (Free), more bots seemed to go for the easier target (Valkyrie) and highly botted items (e.g. starsands, strawberries) had a higher market value for Ymir. But yeah, still bots around (I remember staff reporting a lot of problems with stolen credit cards too) and Joatmon is right in that it's unlikely the current population will see a comeback of such a setup.

Edited by soudou, 13 July 2016 - 01:27 AM.

#16 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

Okay so I don't think people on forums understand the difference between stopping and cutting down.

Some botters are always going to be there regardless, BUT, every time you increase restrictions on botting you will kick out a few botters, some of them may return but others will just find a new game. P2P won't stop bots, it won't deter some bots, but it will deter some.

It's like people don't understand the general rules of existence. You cannot stop bad things from happening, but you can limit it. It's silly to give up because bad things will just keep on happening, otherwise the existence of government and police isn't even necessary and we should all live in anarchy. Sure, it's kind of a drastic metaphor, but the core concept is the same.

#17 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

I would support a new server.

There shouldn't be a problem in a little "entry" fee in order to get in if it means having less (not eliminated!) bots and giving things a clean start. I was a p2p player too back in 04 and there were plenty-o-bots around, but not as out of hand as this.

I agree with the main post that Kafra Shop will always be a way of life, but if we can make the items more on the consumable side BUT huntable side, that would be nice.

If this does happen, and its a classic based server, let's limit or nix Janeway, yeah? At least for the starting months. Let's also have the server episodes come out a little slower too. Enjoy all the areas of RO! Not just Ice Dungeon...

mbotbotter01 is the man for suggesting this. Great server name too ^^

Edited by havocstopper, 14 August 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#18 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:01 AM

hmm i like this subscription based server, if GM pulled out all the stops with marketing campaign and have special features/offers in place Worth paying for  it could be  very very successful.

i can  tell from GM when say there is no plans to introduce a subscription server when answers questions that they are scarred deeply from the previous subscription server ymir or what eva it was called...i sense the sadness :p_sad:

But if they some how over come and find new hope and faith and become willing to take a risk id say these things are worth paying for :

• open boarders so people from every region can play ( this might attract the 300k thai population so add ability to change language for all regions to cater for them)
  • daily login rewards like bmx 3
  • enchanting gears free
  • unlimited stats skills resets
  • permanent exp rate 200%
  • £5 a month subscription cost to attract as many as possible
  • live GM in game support
  • interesting weekly events
  • pvp nightmare mode ( where you can lose gears and take other peoples if you win) re-enabled < this is my favourite infact,i want it re-enabled in our chaos server :mad:
  • no dupes on server
  • everyone starts from level 1
  • pre renewal insta cast re-enabled/cast delays removed
  • rewards for participating in pvp and woe whether you win or loose ( most ideal reward is KVM BADGES)
  • a new high quality Ragnarok online anime ( on the level of  full metal alchemist ) pre launch. it will attract potentially millions of people, blizzard did this with the warcraft movie and ubisoft with its assassins creed movie ( its for marketing)
  • increased difficulty of every single monster to force party forming from level 25 ( increase monster attacks/skills/increase a.i not just give them 1 bil hp
  • have enemy visible on floor bleeding when you defeat him (not have him disappear by a touch its a BUZZ KILL )

or

we could forget a new server and put all these thing in the vip package for chaos server at a reduced price of £5 a month. The current vip package isn't worth its price :p_sad:

#19 jouten

jouten

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:17 AM

hmm i like this subscription based server, if GM pulled out all the stops with marketing campaign and have special features/offers in place Worth paying for  it could be  very very successful.

i can  tell from GM when say there is no plans to introduce a subscription server when answers questions that they are scarred deeply from the previous subscription server ymir or what eva it was called...i sense the sadness :p_sad:

But if they some how over come and find new hope and faith and become willing to take a risk id say these things are worth paying for :

• open boarders so people from every region can play ( this might attract the 300k thai population so add ability to change language for all regions to cater for them)
  • daily login rewards like bmx 3
  • enchanting gears free
  • unlimited stats skills resets
  • permanent exp rate 200%
  • £5 a month subscription cost to attract as many as possible
  • live GM in game support
  • interesting weekly events
  • pvp nightmare mode ( where you can lose gears and take other peoples if you win) re-enabled < this is my favourite infact,i want it re-enabled in our chaos server :mad:
  • no dupes on server
  • everyone starts from level 1
  • pre renewal insta cast re-enabled/cast delays removed
  • rewards for participating in pvp and woe whether you win or loose ( most ideal reward is KVM BADGES)
  • a new high quality Ragnarok online anime ( on the level of  full metal alchemist ) pre launch. it will attract potentially millions of people, blizzard did this with the warcraft movie and ubisoft with its assassins creed movie ( its for marketing)
  • increased difficulty of every single monster to force party forming from level 25 ( increase monster attacks/skills/increase a.i not just give them 1 bil hp
  • have enemy visible on floor bleeding when you defeat him (not have him disappear by a touch its a BUZZ KILL )

or

we could forget a new server and put all these thing in the vip package for chaos server at a reduced price of £5 a month. The current vip package isn't worth its price :p_sad:

I've been lurking on the forums not taking too seriously to what you're posting but since I now understand that you cant be trolling, I'm going to break down WHY it's impossible for this game to grow any further than it already has and why a p2p is an awful idea for a game like this. Let's go with a point by point like you've done in your post.

*Open boarders so that everyone can play on the same server; NO thank you, It's enough for me that I have to play with 200 ping from Europe, the ping from Asia would be even more catastrophic and basically no one would be able to WoE or do anything in the game that requires a good ping.

*Basically in the next few bulletin points you are saying that Ragnarok Online has to strip itself off from the grind aspect of the game that I personally love, everything would now be free and not at all grindable, 1 TI from grandpa would now result in 70-99 and you could get 175 within a week. (Why??)

*Any forced subscription in the era that we live in now is a death sentence to an mmorpg unless it's World of Warcraft. Looking back at few releases from 10 years a go to current day that has had to revert to f2p from p2p because the game was dying (and a few of these games have been at the top of the most player mmorpg list at their respective release times): Ragnarok Online, Aion Online, Tera Online. All of these mmorpgs have gone f2p with microtransactions because the p2p plan didn't work and they wanted to reach more people.

*Live GM support won't work with warpportal having limited amount of budget, money won't appear from nowhere no matter how badly you want it and volunteer GMs are almost always a bad idea.

*It's horrible playing pvp with big ping so this could happen with a server that's located in the US for US players only, I don't want no part of it.

The next few points aren't that far fetched, but then you again start asking for too much

*An anime as high quality as Full Metal Alchemist, where do you suppose warpportal would just miraculously raise enough money for a high quality anime? Nowhere is the answer.

*Actually the current vip package is well worth it considering it costs 15$ and you get around 15$ worth of KP back as well so basically you get a membership for 30 days and potentially 200m worth of zeny.

Point being, please stop living in an utopia. It triggers me big time.

#20 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:57 AM

Jouten,

While you do offer valid points, all of your arguments against a new server are from a personal standpoint. Plenty of people play iro overseas, including portions of Asia, granted they do have their own servers. In addition, the Kafra Shop, at least the event boxes, are a risk. There is no guarantee you'll get the item you're looking for, and if you do spend in the shop strictly to make a zeny profit, well, there should be alternate means to dropping irl cash to fill one's merchant cart with demanded goods.

Will an anime happen? Probably Not. Its not as popular of a game now. Are some of our ideas a little too "utopian"? Yeah. But you know, some of this stuff is within reach.

Do you have any ideas that would make a new server work, Jouten?

Edited by havocstopper, 14 August 2016 - 04:09 AM.

#21 jouten

jouten

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:43 AM

Dear havocstopper,

I do not think numbers and history of mmorpgs are stuff that I have a biased opinion on, I have lived through it being an MMORPG enthusiast. I'm not saying that iRO is a teeny tiny mmo-server that wouldn't have a chance as a big server, in my experience however, given how many people are from overseas whether it be from Asia or Southern America, they prefer to play it on their own servers due to ping or language problems.

It's a 100% given, that if you are to use KP as a zeny-gain, you should always go for enriched elunium/oridecon due to their nature of having a solid market price. If you are trying to get profit out of event boxes, it's comparable to a slot machine, go big or go home. Whether you use that KP that you gain from VIP on a slot machine-type solution or a strict solid item which has demand almost always is your decision entirely.

Some of the stuff that you ask for is within your reach but given how WP warms up to ideas in general, I'd say they're a little further than within your reach.

I can't see how a new server would work in our current world. Nobody enjoys a game that doesn't cater you in every way (Insert anything that Blizzard has done to WoW to make it easier), nobody enjoys a good Korean grind (Maplestory is the best example here), the server that you are describing would come close to something that people that have previously played, would enjoy. Even then, the characters that this community has, not pointing fingers, it would be chaos (no pun intended) to manage that new server. Whether it be the FAW, or the RWC or the MRS Hammer, or the Jumping Janeways or a new hat or the extended classes, you people as a whole, would never be satisfied on any new item or update.

What would make a new server work? Invent a timemachine and go back in time to relive the days P2P Ragnarok Online.

Edited by jouten, 14 August 2016 - 05:04 AM.

#22 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

I can't see how a new server would work in our current world. Nobody enjoys a game that doesn't cater you in every way (Insert anything that Blizzard has done to WoW to make it easier), nobody enjoys a good Korean grind (Maplestory is the best example here), the server that you are describing would come close to something that people that have previously played, would enjoy. Even then, the characters that this community has, not pointing fingers, it would be chaos (no pun intended) to manage that new server. Whether it be the FAW, or the RWC or the MRS Hammer, or the Jumping Janeways or a new hat or the extended classes, you people as a whole, would never be satisfied on any new item or update.

What would make a new server work? Invent a timemachine and go back in time to relive the days P2P Ragnarok Online.

I'm still working on that time machine idea, but nobody takes me seriously!

It's not possible to make a server that will make everyone happy, but one with specific goals in mind would be do-able. I can't speak for the others that have supported the idea, but a reasonable mission statement would be to have a server that:

1. Has a good means to discourage botting (Not eliminate. That falls into the utopian category.) , possibly by paying for character creation. 

2. Doesn't make the only viable means of leveling centered around a single npc in one universal location, be it Janeway or Gramps.

3. Rewards players for their achievements, be it KVM badges for WoE participation like someone said, or anything else along those lines.

That's a good argument about those other MMO's. I think that's what the idea was for Renewal; to curb some of the grind and make it more accessible for casual play. The only problem is that it doesn't accomplish these three points as best as it could; hence a server for that.

There were plenty of things that worked in year's past that have the potential to work now as long as it's been polished and adjusted.

It also needs to be acknowledged to that it will take time and money to set something like this up, and we all know if something like this were to happen it would need to be profitable. Rather than go down the road of how the current classic server started, and let characters be made but create progression barriers like the Magical Stones to get a pushcart or change class, drop a modest charge to give us the "keys to the kingdom"; Not merely server access but a buffer, improved storage and higher weight limits. List it as a test server and if it works out, keep it, and if not, cut the losses and we all will have proof that its been tried.

Edited by havocstopper, 14 August 2016 - 08:43 AM.

#23 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:15 AM

why p2p? mr.crabs dont want that name the server the amazing world of ragnarok...

#24 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

why p2p? mr.crabs dont want that name the server the amazing world of ragnarok...

...What? XD  :questionmark:

It should be called "The Amazing World of Ragnarok"

#25 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

I would love to see a pure p2p server (no Kafra shop either) but it will never work.  Given the current state of the mmo sphere being primarily f2p except for a few major games, plus the old state of this game, it wont work.  There would  be no way enough people would play to make it live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users