Would appreciate help in choosing an RK Build. - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Would appreciate help in choosing an RK Build.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

Would appreciate help in choosing an RK Build.

Cheap build with a +9 HBP/FAW and under with perhaps something like 500m-1B budget.

Probably a build only for up to lv. 125 or 130. I've read something with Breath Builds are only good for late game so maybe that's not a good choice?

I mostly see AGI RKs/ 2H RKs running around at low and mid TI but from what I've read BB+IB is a good choice for leveling.

Are BB+IB builds really only 1 agi?

#2 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

Yes, 1 agi points if you got anti-bleed top/mid headgears so you can maximize your SVD status :P

because IB affected by STR, while you need vit for higher HP pool in tanking mobs, and dex for landing your IB+BB hits

also lots of leeching HP/SP gears for cheaper leveling cost on the long run (+9 Vana / RWH, Hunterfly carded weapons, Malicious shadow gear set, Incubus Pet, Nidhoggur's garb, blood sucker low headgear, etc)

#3 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:33 PM

Yes, 1 agi points if you got anti-bleed top/mid headgears so you can maximize your SVD status :P

because IB affected by STR, while you need vit for higher HP pool in tanking mobs, and dex for landing your IB+BB hits

also lots of leeching HP/SP gears for cheaper leveling cost on the long run (+9 Vana / RWH, Hunterfly carded weapons, Malicious shadow gear set, Incubus Pet, Nidhoggur's garb, blood sucker low headgear, etc)

Thanks. So I'll consider RWH and Vana.

Btw, do you have any suggestions for LK Skill builds?

For IB+BB, is it a good choice to get 2H for lv. 10 Parry or does Parry becoming annoying and inefficient?

Is non upgraded malicious shadow set good enough to keep the budget low?

Would Nid be really better than +9 HBP?

Bloodsucker seem crazy high.. perhaps next time and then put more budget into doing more damage?

#4 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

Personally for my own LK skill builds for RK IB+BB base I didn't maximize my 2H skill branches as you can see in below link :

http://irowiki.org/~...sSboeAaFqQqn2k1

The point is to get IB skill ASAP while retain its damage and I dislike parry because of the movement block when pulling mobs. I'm more one-hand sword/spear oriented and prefer using shield with racial / size / element card modifier for tanking and use spear dynamo/endure to pull large mobs.

and as you can see I don't bother taking the Dragon ride anyway untill my level is high enough to switch into DB builds later on.

Non-Upgraded malicious set will be still effective anyway (4% chance to leech 2% damage as HP), but I upgraded mine to +15 for the set during last shadow upgrade event (+5 each) to get extra 1% leeched damage. I think the effort to get +30 set is not worthed compared to the effort and zeny you would spent just for getting another extra 1% leeched damage.

if you comparing Nid vs HBP I will still choose HBP because of the extra attack and neutral resistance bonus from my STR & VIT.

yeah dont bother with blood sucker for now, just save your zeny when the bloodsucker lucky box arrives :P

#5 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:08 AM

Personally for my own LK skill builds for RK IB+BB base I didn't maximize my 2H skill branches as you can see in below link :

http://irowiki.org/~...sSboeAaFqQqn2k1

The point is to get IB skill ASAP while retain its damage and I dislike parry because of the movement block when pulling mobs. I'm more one-hand sword/spear oriented and prefer using shield with racial / size / element card modifier for tanking and use spear dynamo/endure to pull large mobs.

and as you can see I don't bother taking the Dragon ride anyway untill my level is high enough to switch into DB builds later on.

Non-Upgraded malicious set will be still effective anyway (4% chance to leech 2% damage as HP), but I upgraded mine to +15 for the set during last shadow upgrade event (+5 each) to get extra 1% leeched damage. I think the effort to get +30 set is not worthed compared to the effort and zeny you would spent just for getting another extra 1% leeched damage.

if you comparing Nid vs HBP I will still choose HBP because of the extra attack and neutral resistance bonus from my STR & VIT.

yeah dont bother with blood sucker for now, just save your zeny when the bloodsucker lucky box arrives :P

Thanks a lot for the help man.

Does upgrading the malicious to +4 each piece do nothing?

I really appreciate the skill build link.

What cheap shields would u suggest? I imagine Nogg2 will be the last dwelling place for the RK if only targetting lvl 125-130.

For Sword/Spears, what would u suggest? x3 HF RTE?

#6 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:10 AM

Thanks a lot for the help man.

Does upgrading the malicious to +4 each piece do nothing?

I really appreciate the skill build link.

What cheap shields would u suggest? I imagine Nogg2 will be the last dwelling place for the RK if only targetting lvl 125-130.

For Sword/Spears, what would u suggest? x3 HF RTE?

If the description is correct, amplified malicious set leech effects can be achieved on +15 and +30

I just sampled one of its component description here :http://www.divine-pr.../item/24081/kRO

"Increases additional 1% of DMG inflicted upon an enemy as HP per every 5 refine level of all three items in the set."

If you want cheap shield for RK, use Rosa shield but for all around purpose I'm defaulting Valk shield with hodremlin card or Valk shield with racial / size / elemental resist card depends on the monsters you're facing

for 1HS I'm defaulting 3xHF RTE, as for spear I'm defaulting 1xHF Thanatos spear with elemental converters or you can use Hunting spear because thanatos spear got level requirement of 120 to use.

I prefer south el dicastes field over nogg road because most of nogg road monsters default element is fire.

To be noted : IB gain amplified damage when using Fire elemental weapons although the final damage is forced neutral.

#7 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:10 PM

If the description is correct, amplified malicious set leech effects can be achieved on +15 and +30

I just sampled one of its component description here :http://www.divine-pr.../item/24081/kRO

"Increases additional 1% of DMG inflicted upon an enemy as HP per every 5 refine level of all three items in the set."

If you want cheap shield for RK, use Rosa shield but for all around purpose I'm defaulting Valk shield with hodremlin card or Valk shield with racial / size / elemental resist card depends on the monsters you're facing

for 1HS I'm defaulting 3xHF RTE, as for spear I'm defaulting 1xHF Thanatos spear with elemental converters or you can use Hunting spear because thanatos spear got level requirement of 120 to use.

I prefer south el dicastes field over nogg road because most of nogg road monsters default element is fire.

To be noted : IB gain amplified damage when using Fire elemental weapons although the final damage is forced neutral.

I see.

Hunting Spear sounds fantastic for Manuk.

Is it a good idea to put hunterfly in hunting spear or perhaps just get a cheap hunting spear then use it for anti-brute for manuk 3?

Wouldn't nogg 2 be easier before the RK hits max lvl IB or should one really try their best to stick to low TI to get max IB for RK?

#8 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:11 PM

I'm sticking to my RTE / BTE for leeching because of the massive HP leech potential provided by their 3 card slots. 

For Hunting Spear I carded mine with goblin instead of HF and swapping my Vana to RWH for HP leeching effects.

I suggest you stick on low TI for maxing IB instead of venturing to nogg without it.

Your RK will be beaten to dead by Nogg mobs if you're going to solo without any decent AoE skill, unless you can spam out BB which is not possible due to current aftercast delay and I don't think spending on temporal dex boots with 120 dex points to reduce aftercast delay on early stage of rune knight is feasible either.

If you're partying that's a whole different story.

#9 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

I'm sticking to my RTE / BTE for leeching because of the massive HP leech potential provided by their 3 card slots. 

For Hunting Spear I carded mine with goblin instead of HF and swapping my Vana to RWH for HP leeching effects.

I suggest you stick on low TI for maxing IB instead of venturing to nogg without it.

Your RK will be beaten to dead by Nogg mobs if you're going to solo without any decent AoE skill, unless you can spam out BB which is not possible due to current aftercast delay and I don't think spending on temporal dex boots with 120 dex points to reduce aftercast delay on early stage of rune knight is feasible either.

If you're partying that's a whole different story.

Thanks.

What's BTE for? I've never seen people recommend it over RTE?

Does a +4 B/RTE x3 HF really be much weaker than a +7 B/RTE x3 HF? I'm thinking of just buying them piece by piece since it doesn't seem to be very common.

Would you recommend going straight to manuk3 instead of nogg2 at lvl 101?

#10 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:27 PM

BTE is for IB'ing any Fire elemental monsters.

Your IB damage with BTE will be higher than RTE when fighting fire elemental monsters but you can use other neutral weapon like the hunting spear as substitute.

The basic attack difference is just 10 btw, where RTE is 160 and BTE is 150 but given the fire elemental damage boost when using IB it would look that RTE is much stronger than BTE when fighting non-fire elemental monsters.

But still the Massive HP leech potential is what I cared about from BTE because of the 3 card slots while still able to retain the damage which can't be substituted by hunting spear.

Edited by Casval17, 08 July 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#11 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

Hi. Does the Malicious Shadow have a point in being a +9 set over a +7 set? I'm confused about its description.

#12 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

BTW, is there a reason choosing Endure lvl 10/Provoke lvl 5 over Endure 5/Provoke 10?

#13 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

1) If you're set is at +9 instead of +7, then you have a total of +27 instead of +21, which means you get an additional 1% hp leech back when it procs. It does not increase the rate of the HP leech proc, only how much you get back, and even then only a tiny amount. Overall, not worth actually spending money on. The proc rate is what matters, and that's 4% as long as you have the set. 

2) Personal preference, as you only need level 5 Provoke and Level 3 Endure as the pre-reqs. You'll be using Spear Dynamo for the endure effect because it can be recast faster anyway. Higher level Endure only gives a bit more mdef as he extra duration isn't that big of a deal. 

I'd personally opt to get provoke 5 and endure 3 which fits nicely with getting level 10 in Bash, Magnum Break, HP Recovery, and 2-hand sword mastery, leaving 8 points to be spent on provoke 5 and endure 3 (that's 48 points, 1 point is burned on 1-hand sword mastery as a pre-req). 

#14 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:22 AM

1) If you're set is at +9 instead of +7, then you have a total of +27 instead of +21, which means you get an additional 1% hp leech back when it procs. It does not increase the rate of the HP leech proc, only how much you get back, and even then only a tiny amount. Overall, not worth actually spending money on. The proc rate is what matters, and that's 4% as long as you have the set. 

2) Personal preference, as you only need level 5 Provoke and Level 3 Endure as the pre-reqs. You'll be using Spear Dynamo for the endure effect because it can be recast faster anyway. Higher level Endure only gives a bit more mdef as he extra duration isn't that big of a deal. 

I'd personally opt to get provoke 5 and endure 3 which fits nicely with getting level 10 in Bash, Magnum Break, HP Recovery, and 2-hand sword mastery, leaving 8 points to be spent on provoke 5 and endure 3 (that's 48 points, 1 point is burned on 1-hand sword mastery as a pre-req). 

Very interesting. Thanks.

BTW, after I get max IB, what should I aim for?

Dragon sounds decent for movespeed and carry weight but idk if it's really a good idea to get that asap.

#15 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

You can ride a dragon without the dragon training skill (the peco skill lets you ride it), so if you don't mind lower ASPD you can get the faster movement speed right off the bat. 

Otherwise, I'd suggest wind cutter. It's not a strong skill, but it pushes enemies back and gives you time to breathe/not-face-tank while your IB's ridiculous 2 second cool down runs. 

After that you can either max out dragon training for the ASPD, or max out the "left branch" of your skills (rune mastery, enchant blade, sonic wave, etc.).

You'll definitely want rune mastery eventually, but the order in which you get them can be up to you.

I'd suggest 1) IB then 2) wind cutter then 3) dragon training. 

#16 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:28 PM

You can ride a dragon without the dragon training skill (the peco skill lets you ride it), so if you don't mind lower ASPD you can get the faster movement speed right off the bat. 

Otherwise, I'd suggest wind cutter. It's not a strong skill, but it pushes enemies back and gives you time to breathe/not-face-tank while your IB's ridiculous 2 second cool down runs. 

After that you can either max out dragon training for the ASPD, or max out the "left branch" of your skills (rune mastery, enchant blade, sonic wave, etc.).

You'll definitely want rune mastery eventually, but the order in which you get them can be up to you.

I'd suggest 1) IB then 2) wind cutter then 3) dragon training. 

Awesome.

LOL forgot about Spear Dynamo having Endure effect. This is fantastic as I was super annoyed by the long cooldown of Endure.

Nice. Didn't know that I can straight out ride a dragon LOL.

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:19 AM

Just be ready for the 'damage' to be done like 1.5 seconds after you cast Ignition Break :D 

#18 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

Just be ready for the 'damage' to be done like 1.5 seconds after you cast Ignition Break :D

Is it because of my piss poor agi? xD

Damn.

I'm about to reset via Mesmerist, any suggestions?

Is temp boots with LD good for me or am I better off with just +0 variant? No plans anytime soon to level past 125.

#19 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

Even with low aspd, I still found having the mount to be worth it because of easier mobbing/mobility. 

Temporal STR boots for phys build, temporal DEX with firelock card for db build. Variants are a good in between if you are waiting to get your primary stat to 120. 

Lucky day is a great enchant for STR and LUK boots. 

#20 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Even with low aspd, I still found having the mount to be worth it because of easier mobbing/mobility. 

Temporal STR boots for phys build, temporal DEX with firelock card for db build. Variants are a good in between if you are waiting to get your primary stat to 120. 

Lucky day is a great enchant for STR and LUK boots. 

If shared with a lvl 125 GX, would a temp str LD/FS be good?

#21 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, I think so. I alternate between BP/LD/SoL temp str boots depending on the circumstances and how much SP loss matters. 

I think I get the most "bang for my buck" with the full FS/BP boots, but LD is never bad. 

#22 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

Yeah, I think so. I alternate between BP/LD/SoL temp str boots depending on the circumstances and how much SP loss matters. 

I think I get the most "bang for my buck" with the full FS/BP boots, but LD is never bad. 

Thanks.

I eff'd up by popping onto lvl 100 and now stuck with messy DB skills.

I just wanted to try DBing but WHAM! Didn't notice my exp lol.

Gona use Mesmerist but any suggestions on stat distribution?

Planning to do ~50 vit, ~50 dex, ~20 int, all in STR to reach 120 STR asap for temp boots.

Currently at 64 vit and dex, 20 int and about 104 str at lvl 100.

#23 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:00 AM

I did 120 STR at base 99, but I wouldn't recommend it so much as I'd say it's "doable" if you plan on using spear dynamo for the extra hit. If you do go 120 at base 99 or 100, you're gonna only have enough points to get 2 other stats to about 40, which isn't going to be very easy to do if you are planning to face tank/mob. 

You may want to keep STR at 100 and focus more on vit/dex for an easier time. Realistically, with level 5 IB, you'll be one-shotting most of the early monsters anyway. The real trick is getting to level 5 IB (I spammed 2nd floor eden boards while 99 and put in a few low TIs all to job xp). 

If I were to remake a phys RK and level it from 100, I'd aim for stats to be something like

100 STR

50 DEX

70 VIT

30 LUCK

and the remaining 25 or so points in either INT or AGI.

From there I'd work on getting 90 VIT, and then raising STR to 120, then DEX to 90 and AGI to like 60. 

I personally don't like getting INT on phys classes early on as it barely gives you any sp, and I use earth deleter + undead knight F card for sp anyway. Still, some of this is personal style stuff so see what works for you. 

#24 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

I did 120 STR at base 99, but I wouldn't recommend it so much as I'd say it's "doable" if you plan on using spear dynamo for the extra hit. If you do go 120 at base 99 or 100, you're gonna only have enough points to get 2 other stats to about 40, which isn't going to be very easy to do if you are planning to face tank/mob. 

You may want to keep STR at 100 and focus more on vit/dex for an easier time. Realistically, with level 5 IB, you'll be one-shotting most of the early monsters anyway. The real trick is getting to level 5 IB (I spammed 2nd floor eden boards while 99 and put in a few low TIs all to job xp). 

If I were to remake a phys RK and level it from 100, I'd aim for stats to be something like

100 STR

50 DEX

70 VIT

30 LUCK

and the remaining 25 or so points in either INT or AGI.

From there I'd work on getting 90 VIT, and then raising STR to 120, then DEX to 90 and AGI to like 60. 

I personally don't like getting INT on phys classes early on as it barely gives you any sp, and I use earth deleter + undead knight F card for sp anyway. Still, some of this is personal style stuff so see what works for you. 

I see. I guess I'll stay away from INT when I reset.

Too bad those Undead Knight F cards have jacked up in prices since 2 weeks ago.

I should've mass bought em before LOL.

AGI is just for BB/IB animation delay reduction right?

#25 PointzeroNine

PointzeroNine

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

Hi. This is my first time to post here,

IB/BB build in low TI and mid TI is very efficient. I just want to share my gears and stats back then (I did level my RK to 175 using IB/BB build).

Str 100

Agi 1

Vit 90+ (should total to 100 for stun immunity and poison immunity)

Dex 60+? 

int 1 or greater (for additional SP)

Luk (the remaining stat point/ 3 luk = 1 atk

As you level, target the 120 str

+4RWH

Robo Eye/BDM

Pirate Dagger

+4RTE x3 H.fly

+4Rosa Shield (budget wise) with racial reduction

+4Peuz Plate with luk enchant

Nid Garb with raydric (sp Leech) but I switched to +9 HBP (raydric) at higher level

+7 Str Boots BP/FS7

Peuz Seal (Mantis)

incubus pet

if I remember correctly at lvl 110 I did lvl my RK at manuk fld 2 (tatacho, centipede, hillslion) and used Rosa shield (Bigfoot) since centipede have a huge population there, just ignore the Hardrock Mammoth MVP  :p_laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users