#1 DjApk

DjApk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:04 AM

Hi all!

So, it's not a complaint!

But, I've started playing Rose again yesterday (at work tbh), after about 6-7 years I haven't played. >snip<

At all of them I've reached maxed level, maxed items, top players...

Now, I'm abit late so I don't expect any of it in this server  :heh:

But why is leveling so hard? Why is it so hard to kill mobs even tho I bought a unique, refined it and all my set to (10-13), and I'm using buffs?

I'm fighting mainly yellow/red monsters, sometimes purple... (rarely)

Yet, since yesterday, I've played about 4-5 hours or more, and I'm just level 32. [Soldier]

I can't recall any Rose Online server was that hard, or am I doing something wrong?

I level solo and I know it's stupid, but I just can't find handly-my-level players.  :hmm:

And to my BIGGEST concern!

I've been buffed by about 30 Clerics(/players?) the past 2 days, but the buffs are so WEAK. Compared to the other servers I played, that had thousands of players, the buffs in here barely give me any boost. 

I can actually fight buffless pretty much the same.

How is it possible? I can buff myself (attack for example) ALMOST identical to a lvl 230 cleric buff. How can that be?

The thing I loved MOST about all Rose servers was the power boost of buffs....

Hope someone could help me out here! 'Cuz I really love the game and mised it a bunch.

Thanks in advance!! 

P.S: There are some awesome people in this community! people see I'm new and give me some money ♥ That's kind!

edited to remove the names of private servers

Edited by VModCupcake, 10 July 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#2 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:02 AM

Hi and welcome!

Your signature seems very familiar to me. I think we might have been at the same pserver years ago. Btw, mentioning pservers by name isn't allowed here so you might want to edit your post and remove those  :P

Regarding buffs- they affect you based on your stats so that's why they feel weaker than what you might have been used to in the past. For example, the dodge buff gives 10% + x% (The x number is determined by the amount of charm of the cleric who buffed you. On my cleric, that number is 13.68%). If my lvl 230 raider is given that buff, her dodge will be over 4k because she has a lot of dex. If you are given that buff, your dodge will be much less because of the amount of dex you probably don't have. Generally speaking, the buffs get "better" as you level but they will still be enhancing stats that you are strong in rather than a blanket amount for everyone regardless of their build.

That actually makes more sense when you think about it. Tho everyone loved getting god-like cleric buffs, it was unrealistic and gave new players the feeling that they could not play when they were not buffed by a cleric. Now with the change in restrictions of self buffs, players can get those buffs as soon as they pick the first job, and have enough skill points of course. In the past, you had to master passive skills before you could get the self buffs and that took longer since passives require 10 skill points to master. Active skills like self buffs only require 5 poiints to master.

You mentioned your self buffs being as strong as some cleric's buffs and that might possibly be true because, as with cleric buffs, they are % based on your stats. In the case of stat buffs (buffs that increase a specific stat like str), your self buff and a cleric's all stat buff will stack. So if you buff yourself with a maxed str buff (+15),  and a cleric buffs you with the all stat buff, you will see +30 next to your str stat.

I'm sure a lot of this is confusing and overwhelming but just hang in there. It does get better as you learn and understand more. I did a little guide.list of things that we found different when we first came here in 2014.  Here it is if you want to check it out. It might help explain some stuff.

I just tried to whisper to you but I guess you aren't online right now. My ign's are HoneyBuns and Sulky so feel free to poke me when you're in-game again. I'll be glad to help you with buffs or answers.

Looking forward to chatting with you soon!

Edited by HoneyBunz, 10 July 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#3 DjApk

DjApk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hi and welcome!

Your signature seems very familiar to me. I think we might have been at the same pserver years ago. Btw, mentioning pservers by name isn't allowed here so you might want to edit your post and remove those  :P

Regarding buffs- they affect you based on your stats so that's why they feel weaker than what you might have been used to in the past. For example, the dodge buff gives 10% + x% (The x number is determined by the amount of charm of the cleric who buffed you. On my cleric, that number is 13.68%). If my lvl 230 raider is given that buff, her dodge will be over 4k because she has a lot of dex. If you are given that buff, your dodge will be much less because of the amount of dex you probably don't have. Generally speaking, the buffs get "better" as you level but they will still be enhancing stats that you are strong in rather than a blanket amount for everyone regardless of their build.

That actually makes more sense when you think about it. Tho everyone loved getting god-like cleric buffs, it was unrealistic and gave new players the feeling that they could not play when they were not buffed by a cleric. Now with the change in restrictions of self buffs, players can get those buffs as soon as they pick the first job, and have enough skill points of course. In the past, you had to master passive skills before you could get the self buffs and that took longer since passives require 10 skill points to master. Active skills like self buffs only require 5 poiints to master.

You mentioned your self buffs being as strong as some cleric's buffs and that might possibly be true because, as with cleric buffs, they are % based on your stats. In the case of stat buffs (buffs that increase a specific stat like str), your self buff and a cleric's all stat buff will stack. So if you buff yourself with a maxed str buff (+15),  and a cleric buffs you with the all stat buff, you will see +30 next to your str stat.

I'm sure a lot of this is confusing and overwhelming but just hang in there. It does get better as you learn and understand more. I did a little guide.list of things that we found different when we first came here in 2014.  Here it is if you want to check it out. It might help explain some stuff.

I just tried to whisper to you but I guess you aren't online right now. My ign's are HoneyBuns and Sulky so feel free to poke me when you're in-game again. I'll be glad to help you with buffs or answers.

Looking forward to chatting with you soon!

I knew I know this nickname from somewhere!

But since we're already talking ingame, just know that I love ya'. ♥

P.S: All of this information was VERY VERY helpful! Now everything makes sense. You're awesome.

#4 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

if i can help you in anyway let me know :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users