Chaos and Classic: 5v5 Tournament Discussion Thread - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Chaos and Classic: 5v5 Tournament Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#1 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

To sign up for Chaos 5v5 on July 31st click here and to sign up for Classic 5v5 on August 7th click here.

This thread isn't about drama, go elsewhere for that. This is simply to talk about everything related to it. Rules are made to keep it as simple as possible, that aspect wont change.

Xellie and I are going to do 5v5 tournaments once a month on Classic (first Sunday of every month) and Chaos (last Sunday of every month). In the middle of the month we may or may not do special events, which could be things like "Best Champ on Classic" (1v1 champs tournament) or "Best Sura on Chaos" (1v1 sura tournament). If Thors has enough interest then maybe do some over there as well. What would you guys like to see?

Recruit teams, talk about your favs, or anything else you want! 

Edit: First place costume headgear is now posted below. Anybody who participates will get a WCP costume.

SfkoGjm.png

Edited by Undying, 22 July 2016 - 02:25 PM.

#2 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

Looks cool but..GvG Scenario right?

I miss some real PvP...

and,are we going to have rules? like no MVP,no godly no x/y item?

#3 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

sounds fun, pvp reducs or woe reducs?

#4 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:28 PM

sounds fun, pvp reducs or woe reducs?

I believe pvp. I'll be testing this week so will be able to confirm later. If it's not pvp reductions then I'm going to see if it can be set to pvp. Hopefully that makes some sense.

Looks cool but..GvG Scenario right?

I miss some real PvP...

and,are we going to have rules? like no MVP,no godly no x/y item?

You don't have to do it with guildies, just need to have the party in the same guild. I'm sure many people will make temp guilds for this so they can name it anything they want.

Gear restrictions is honestly a hard thing. There is always things that are forgotten about when attempting to make a map restrict gods/mvps and there is no way for me (a player, not GM) to check people's gears. So the simplest approach is to allow anything, just like in pvp. Same thing with classes and skills. Goal is to make it as simple as possible for myself and participants.

dont have all of the top MVP cards or gods? That's ok! For participating everyone will get a specail costume headgear that can only be obtained through these events!!!!!

At the end of the day it's all about having fun.... And cute/rare costume headgears.... Lol

Edited by Undying, 10 July 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

If campitor was willing some gear restrictions could be set up in advance? (it would depend on his workload I guess) - but as players we have no way to legitly identify what players are using - so it would depend on that.

And the thing is, we don't want to push too much work on to the staff. They are stretched pretty thin from what I see! So we're looking for simple and easy ideas for some fun.

#6 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:39 PM

PVP settings with no gear restrictions might make some matches end really fast (a lot of renewal skills will 1-2shot fully reduc'd chars) which i'm ok with but something to keep in mind. Basically eliminates anyone without high end gear from any shot at winning.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:53 PM

Maybe they should work on their gear teehee :p_hi:

But seriously, giving people a reason to work on their stuff isn't a horrible thing is it?

#8 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:06 AM

If Thors has enough interest then maybe do some over there as well. What would you guys like to see?

Thor too, please. I can help you spreading the news there  :heh:  :heh:

#9 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:33 AM

We want the costume

No one knows how to hold these kinda events here lol

#10 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

i see...

Yeah,it's hard to put gear restriction without camp/oda help.

Maybe they should work on their gear teehee :p_hi:

But seriously, giving people a reason to work on their stuff isn't a horrible thing is it?

It's hard when you work on ur gears and even using full reduction gears you can get one shotted by suras.

lol

#11 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:20 AM

The events is getting considerable amount of help from oda/camp.

-prizes (VIP)
-participation prizes (costume headgear)
-custom maps

Looking at previous chaos woes were they disabled gods or mvps, they were not all disabled. Recently classic had no gods or mvps for a month and it took a couple weeks before that got working. Basically, even with their help there is no guarentee that it will work as intended.

From a writer and participant perspective, simple rule sets are the easiest to understand. Gets confusing otherwise and most importantly it doesn't accurately reflect actual pvp.

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:23 AM

The tournament maps have their own map settings on Renewal. On Classic I will have to look. We can definitely customize as much as you want on renewal.

Kamikali beta tested the tournament system here: https://forums.warpp...y-8th-5-pm-pdt/

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:31 AM

I think most people have lost the interest in PvP, could've been a big hype a few years ago. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the tournaments :D

#14 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:40 PM

I think most people have lost the interest in PvP, could've been a big hype a few years ago. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the tournaments :D

I don't blame them, The PVP is basically Sura x Sura.

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:44 PM

Well what would fix that?

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

This highly unproductive community member made a list of jRO's skill bans... maybe we could learn from it.

https://forums.warpp...ney-skill-bans/

#17 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

This highly unproductive community member made a list of jRO's skill bans... maybe we could learn from it.

https://forums.warpp...ney-skill-bans/

Nice changes, but i think people would hate it LOL

Anyway,i liked... If we could have at least half of this list...

#18 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

Interested changes.

#19 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

Sounds fun, but no one can compete with Xellie's unlimited MVP card / god item list. So basically just don't waste time and give the prizes to her / guild.

#20 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Gears should be limited and once a month isn't really meaningful.
This sounds like a total clown fiesta.

#21 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

Could you elaborate? Once a month makes it a regular thing for the server, a consistent event to practice for. Yearly prizes for teams and other long term incentives seems like a pretty cool idea. 

Is it purely the fact that that for the first one we will be doing it without limitations, for the sake of simplicity, the only reason why you think it is a 'total clown fiesta'?

I would assume that events and the community doing things for their own game would be perceived as a good thing. 

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

Sounds fun, but no one can compete with Xellie's unlimited MVP card / god item list. So basically just don't waste time and give the prizes to her / guild.

You underestimate how much I enjoy torturing my guildmates by lording over the fact they don't have access to my account whilst I'm casting.

Might I remind you that gods/mvps aren't everything. I recall a certain 5v5 tournament a while back where a party with multiple megs got defeated by one that was using a bris and a sleipnir as their only god items.

Edited by Xellie, 21 July 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#23 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

Gears should be limited and once a month isn't really meaningful.
This sounds like a total clown fiesta.

Myzery, if you would like to continue hosting events, maybe don't crap on other events (especially ones that you enter yourself later). Please feel free to make constructive comments for the runners if you have some suggestions for making it better!

#24 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

You underestimate how much I enjoy torturing my guildmates by lording over the fact they don't have access to my account whilst I'm casting.

Might I remind you that gods/mvps aren't everything. I recall a certain 5v5 tournament a while back where a party with multiple megs got defeated by one that was using a bris and a sleipnir as their only god items.

Yeah god items aren't everything. But I've seen your gear list and some of those in your guild / alliance.. David vs Goliath. Too bad it would take too many resources to get a USRC style server setup like they use to

#25 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:09 PM

Chaos POV; most people will feel they can't join because of gear disparity, specially with pvp settings where damage is just retarded; fights would be too short and boring to watch. I also imagine same people would probably hoard rewards (by loaning accounts, different teams) so basically it's most rewarding for the already stablished players, the less competition there is. 

Ignore my opinion cause rules aren't subject to change I guess (?). The idea is good but no restrictions feels broken and abusable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users