Changes to Refining + Locks - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Changes to Refining + Locks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:11 AM

Ok, we've officially hit a point where item breakage is no longer needed.

With the changes to Honor and Valor items locking on acquisition, they cannot be 'recycled' into the market. They can merely be destroyed for a refunded portion of points invested.

However~

If you're attempting to refine a Grade 9 item with a Rune in it [which are supposed to be a permanent item for that character to progress on] and you don't use protections you run the risk of the item breaking, and the rune + progress being deleted. Along with the obvious point + material investments of the item itself.

So, the original intent of the Binding + Locking update was the drastically cut back on items re-entering the market that providing huge end-game benefits. It accomplished that handily.

Item Breaking was ALSO a method to prevent items re-entering the market, or being flooded to quickly. However, the Lock update resolved that completely.

So, with those facts easily observable, I'm requesting that items no longer break. Aside from Exalted Items, there are no grade 9 items [the only ones that CAN break] that are not locked on acquire.

This means that having them break, resolves nothing that isn't already resolved, but does potentially provide a legitimate reason for someone to instantly quit the game, potentially losing weeks, months even years of progress down the road. 

The only modification I'd ask for aside from the non-breaking of any items while refining is that Exalted become Character Locked ON EQUIP. They could still be fined + sold, but once worn would never be able to re-enter the market. The combination of No breaking + no grade 9's re-entering the market is the end-goal the staff had, and taking off breaking of items can potentially prevent massive outrage in the future when some poor soul fails and break their item + heavily empowered rune. 

Hope this gets taken seriously, as there's already enough animosity towards the rune system, but having a way for RNG to potentially completely destroy them would instantly outrage someone the the point of quitting. I know if I lost months or years of progress over an RNG mechanic, I'd quit. 

#2 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

I agree. The breaking mechanic is outdated and thanks to the items locking it can be safely done away with.

#3 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:52 AM

I never realy liked the whole Idea of items being bound on aquire, and when this update rolled out we lost alot of community members.

I'm not saying it was a bad update...

On the other hand, there have been a few who don't realy understand how the refine system works.

And to be honest I can't blame them, the refine system is "Old" items below 220 do not break on refining even tho it's mentioned during refining.

All items from 220 and above have a high chance of breaking when refining above grade 9.

I don't realy refine alot myself so excuse me if I made a mistake there, but my point is that the refine system could use some tweaking again as few new players this could be very confusing or even game breaking!

I would probely quit too if I lost month's/years of progress in a single day  :wah: 
That should never ever happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users