Classic July 21st Maintenance Notes - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic July 21st Maintenance Notes

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

Hazy Forest will start dropping its cards as well as other drops.
Hazy Forest gets a 3 hour cool down.

Last Week to use the event stat resetter. Next week it goes away.

Hazy Forest Cards - Please note some effects have changed from renewal's settings.

Spooky Machine comes to Classic Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

More to come

Spoiler

#2 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:41 PM

Good to see that some effects were changed from Renewal. Was worried about the Miming card's Deep Sleep on Classic.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

Increase Critical chance by 2.
If Thief class, Increase additionally 1 per 2 refine.
Class : ^777777Card^000000
Compound on : ^777777Headgear^000000
Weight : ^7777771^000000

chance only right not damage? Because crit on classic is already stupidly broken due to renewal gear....

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

Chance only. Renewal card does damage.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

okay that's nice I guess so a +8 hat gives +6% crit to dagger or +12% to a katar user.

4510#
When melee attacking, has a chance of inflicting sleep on enemies.
Class : ^777777Card^000000
Compound on : ^777777Weapon^000000
Weight : ^7777771^000000

How does this compare with plankton card?

Enable a 5% chance
of inflicting the Sleep status on an enemy
with each attack.
ATK +5
Class : Card
Compound on: Weapon
Weight : 1

The others are nice... moderate cards I guess.

Maybe the angra mantis card could work for say, acolyte, merchant, soul linker and swordsman classes too. Some fun underutilized pvm builds in those classes that benefit a lot from critical stuff.

#6 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:10 PM

ribbon chef hat seems to not have its +7 effect.

was asked to inquire if it is bugged, and if so if we are getting a fix?

ya we needed that undead card. and the others look interesting enough to wanna play with. really looking forward to a drops list. so far much cooler than challenge (not knocking it, i still play there).

Edited by lxst, 20 July 2016 - 01:59 PM.

#7 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:45 AM

I would love the healing card in my +9 Holy Marching Hat [1], but I already carded it with Carat Card, is it possible to decard it? :sob:

#8 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:16 AM

I would love the healing card in my +9 Holy Marching Hat [1], but I already carded it with Carat Card, is it possible to decard it? :sob:

HUE

#9 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:58 AM

+10 or bust  :p_idea:

#10 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:01 PM

What are the entry requirements for this forest, how are the levels of the monsters inside and what rewards can it give in the Classic version?

#11 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

ya we needed that undead card. and the others look interesting enough to wanna play with. really looking forward to a drops list. so far much cooler than challenge (not knocking it, i still play there).

+1 for the complete drops list please

Edited by teresias, 20 July 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#12 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

People keep telling me there's another leveling event similar to the pre-trans one from last month but I cant actually find any details about it, can we get some clarification on the rules/dates/reward?

I'm excited about the Hazy stuff. It's not a very interesting instance on its own, but its successful implementation is a good sign for things to come on Classic. I'm very curious about the rewards and you should probably post them sooner than later. Dont forget to make the MVP boss property, give it abilities and try throwing a couple of drops for it in the MVP table to see if it becomes a proper MVP.

You also havent mentioned the stat resetter which is supposed to be leaving soon too?

Edited by Themes, 20 July 2016 - 05:41 PM.

#13 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:46 PM

People keep telling me there's another leveling event similar to the pre-trans one from last month but I cant actually find any details about it, can we get some clarification on the rules/dates/reward?

I'm excited about the Hazy stuff. It's not a very interesting instance on its own, but its successful implementation is a good sign for things to come on Classic. I'm very curious about the rewards and you should probably post them sooner than later. Dont forget to make the MVP boss property, give it abilities and try throwing a couple of drops for it in the MVP table to see if it becomes a proper MVP.

You also havent mentioned the stat resetter which is supposed to be leaving soon too?

The event was mentioned somewhere in last few pages od the Reenactment thread. 99 trans the ones that were levelled during that event and you'll get the radio antenna headgear (unless they will change that?). I believe in the previous patch notes thread, Oda mentioned that newly created characters this month would also qualify as long as they will be 99 trans by the end of the month.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

The event was mentioned somewhere in last few pages od the Reenactment thread. 99 trans the ones that were levelled during that event and you'll get the radio antenna headgear (unless they will change that?). I believe in the previous patch notes thread, Oda mentioned that newly created characters this month would also qualify as long as they will be 99 trans by the end of the month.

It's oda's job to inform people of this.  It being half-assedly buried 10 pages through some thread and mentioned in passing like once or twice is stupid. I think the whole concept of making the rules after the event is stupid. I think that suddenly adding the trans part knowing that trans isn't something every previously levelled in the event character could achieve is stupid (meaning this event would need to run longer to allow people to level non trans / make more accounts for slots because you know retroactive rules about 1 hat per acc) and just like why hasn't it been announced yet?

#15 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:28 PM

It's oda's job to inform people of this.  It being half-assedly buried 10 pages through some thread and mentioned in passing like once or twice is stupid. I think the whole concept of making the rules after the event is stupid. I think that suddenly adding the trans part knowing that trans isn't something every previously levelled in the event character could achieve is stupid (meaning this event would need to run longer to allow people to level non trans / make more accounts for slots because you know retroactive rules about 1 hat per acc) and just like why hasn't it been announced yet?

Casue sleep thats prob why.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:52 AM

If he's been sleeping for a week, sure.

#17 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

If he's been sleeping for a week, sure.

hibernation. ^.^ i go through that phaze too when im stuck in a room full of servers and see my week off coming ^.^ those nightmares i tell you *shudder*

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:02 AM

Oh hey since you're here, whats your ign on classic?

#19 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:18 AM

Ayin. Its a assassin

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:19 AM

cool, I wanted to chat sin stuff :p_smile:

#21 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:22 AM

please do i was thinking of going back to classic and doing game quests that was taken away in renewal.

#22 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

Yeah. I've been fairly active on the forums and I still have no idea what's going on with the 99 stuff. Bits and pieces of the event rules/rewards have been spread out over so many different posts/threads, it's been impossible to follow.

I don't know why there isn't just a sticky or something called "CURRENT EVENTS" that clearly lay-out the rules/rewards for the active events all in ONE post that everyone can find.

My biggest grip about returning has been the total confusion of finding current information about the game on these forums. This isn't a "bash Oda" post but hopefully shows that this isn't just "xellie being xellie" and we shouldn't brush this issue under the rug because it IS impacting the player base. Me and my buddy leveled like 4 99's and neither of us know anything about the rewards or 99ing a trans.

#23 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

Yeah. I've been fairly active on the forums and I still have no idea what's going on with the 99 stuff. Bits and pieces of the event rules/rewards have been spread out over so many different posts/threads, it's been impossible to follow.

I don't know why there isn't just a sticky or something called "CURRENT EVENTS" that clearly lay-out the rules/rewards for the active events all in ONE post that everyone can find.

My biggest grip about returning has been the total confusion of finding current information about the game on these forums. This isn't a "bash Oda" post but hopefully shows that this isn't just "xellie being xellie" and we shouldn't brush this issue under the rug because it IS impacting the player base. Me and my buddy leveled like 4 99's and neither of us know anything about the rewards or 99ing a trans.

+1 for current events Thread

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

I needed a break from RO because it was overwhelmingly negative, with players breeding negative attitudes and griping and spreading them around each other and making it so unbearably unpleasant. When all they ever do is talk about how awful the server/staff are. And hell, I was becoming part of that. So I stopped logging in, gave my info to a guildie, stopped streaming, tried to stream, then stopped again, then went on vacation.

And After a break (which btw reminded me very much why i enjoyed the game) I'm all like YEAH! RO OKAY! THINK POSITIVE! DO THE FUN THINGS!

and a couple of good streams later, i try to get others to play and its a sh*tshow of client problems, poorly timed and badly announced server restarts to fix issues that should have been dealt with long beforehand and what looks like the staff just barely giving a damn (sorry camp, i know). I wanna be honest and say... I said to Oda that my guildies were talking about the 99 trans event and i didn't have a clue what it was and I couldn't find the info at all same for others and maybe there should be a clear thread (this was on monday) we had bg events planned and we couldnt do that because the npcs were missing and my allies wanted to do okolnir and they couldn't do that because those were missing and the noclientinfo bug is still such a prominent thing and talking people through that sucks and then players having items removed from their accounts with no notifications (and im confused because im missing a GR card im pretty sure) and hell the staff can't even get an event right or remember when maint is...

As a guildleader all i try to do is to get people to play and then the staff come along and undo that by just not being there when needed. It's like a big neon sign that says "WE DON'T CARE" this is a dumb rant but i needed it, going back to happy smiley attempting to be positive things now.

I wish communication was more and clearer and better.

#25 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:05 PM

I know this is a long overdue question but... Was the drop event still on, or has it ended, was it ever extended, or not? Iirc, during the week it's supposed to end, there was a billing maint that happened and Campitor mentioned of the event extension through the weekend.

https://forums.warpp...july-6th/page-2

And that's the last it was ever mentioned. I've asked in the previous patch notes about its current status but I've got no reply. So, just to clarify things, when did it officially end?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users