65 replies to this topic

#1 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:00 AM

Can anyone say officially (Hellium, Varitas, rep on there behalf) whether or not battlefield farming is allowed or not?

By farming i mean hiding in corners, under bridges, in water, in large groups and dpsing each other until you max without actually killing anyone.

I know many videos and screenshots have been sent to support in which they said they are investigating.

I have spoke with community volunteer who said it will soon be looked at, most likely after skill changes, but if it takes 1 month + to look into this these people can farm millions of points where people who are playing as intended and fairly will gain meer thousands in the same time.

I know that varitas and hellium where looking for people in last livestream but this was at 2am+ for me and during the night/morning for the majority of players which is when battlefields are the most dead.

I have spoke with some farmers who have said they will do this until it is stated officially that it is not allowed, i was also told that a GM confirmed to players that this type of farming is allowed, although they wouldnt give name of GM.

I believe in the mean time if Hellium or Varitas can confirm whether or not this is allowed it would ease the debate between players, if they say it is not allowed i think many people will stop this, and if they say it is allowed, well no one can complain.

I hope someone will take notice of this, i know many people are tired of whats going on.

#2 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:18 AM

This is the Result, when your not willing to implement Quality and only deliver Quantity.

It invites Bots and Hackers and ya Farmer in general.

Great Job Developer.

#3 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:47 AM

Well, we have discussed it. And we are trying to find a good way to eliminate this.
My idea was to prohibit multi logging in battlegrounds.

This should prevent players who use the same PC to dual log. 

We want to avoid banning/suspending players, since that is a last resort.

However, i was pushing towards a small 1-3 day suspension for players who promote the farming.

Another idea was to have a battlefield suspension. Not sure if that is implementable.

Unfortunately, this is not really the current priority. We really want to finish up defiler/dominator/SH skill trees

This type of farming is NOT allowed, and is frowned upon. Not sure which GM said that its allowed, however, it is not prohibited.

TLDR

Gray area. Will be looked at. Not soon.

#4 VModPeppermint

VModPeppermint

I made it Off Topic

• WarpPortal VM
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Valdes --> Trifri

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:48 AM

This behaviour is not even a gray area.

Though one might justify the fact that contribution is just a "mechanic" in battlefields and there is more than one way to earn/max contribution, this behaviour mentioned by the thread starter is definitely NOT considered allowed and is furthermore highly discouraged!

However to take actions in any way against players who abuse this and rob other players of the fun that battlefields should provide, we have to witness this behaviour.

I will make sure to bring that back up in team so that it won't be forgotten.

#5 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

its on 5 vs 5, TB´s you see 3x multi loggers , wasting in your team, while the other just one 1x farmer, its 100% unfair , better way to stop that is put back the old contri cap.....

#6 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

they won`t do anything, can report all you want.- they only care about selling Blacksmith tools

they happy about the farmer , so they can sell faster tools.

Hamsterion Mode on.

All the "new" cough* Content is about selling tools. Haunted Mine / Event Dungeon lol^^

It has become a big sellout this Game, rec lying beginner friendly content like Strongest Battlefield

for some "new Event Maps" like the SvS Map.

The Game is in degenerate Mode, we have lesser Content Year after Year PB Gear, what is that?

Guild vs Guild System what is that? PvE Server is what?

It`s "Maintenance" Mode since Years. 

And all you hear from Devs are glossing things over, nothing gets really addressed.

Must be the shame, that you don`t see anyone from the Developer Team on Forums anymore.

State of the Game or better Future...who cares about stuff like that?!

What we see here on Forums since 8 Years is a lack of responsibility.

Edited by SandySandman, 19 July 2016 - 11:18 AM.

#7 VModPeppermint

VModPeppermint

I made it Off Topic

• WarpPortal VM
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

As you all know I do like some serious discussions. 

However please keep in mind I have to close this topic if you manage to derail it.....

The dose makes the poison...or in this case toxic

#8 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

you taking my Post not serious since you define it as derail.

i`m on Spot. If you don`t like my Opinion fine i just forget about this Forum and make a Video about this Game on YT.

#9 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:35 PM

From what i know there are 2 items people farm for, thats Vial of Battlefield Blood and Frozen Token Compressions, both of these items can be traded, why not make them untradable? This would be an easy temporary measure for now at least until Hellium can get round to dealing with it.

Edited by xSweetDreamsx, 19 July 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#10 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

i`m on Spot.

helloooo sandyyyyy  :wave:

#11 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

From what i know there are 2 items people farm for, thats Vial of Battlefield Blood and Frozen Token Compressions, both of these items can be traded, why not make them untradable? This would be an easy temporary measure for now at least until Hellium can get round to dealing with it.

Because I want to farm foc with my rad and move those items to my prot.
Or maybe I want to farm with my tempest in order to gear my ranger

#12 Andygaara

Andygaara

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

lol

haahha good luck all  farming 

#13 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

lol

haahha good luck all  farming 

Tho, you guys don't laugh when I join battlefield.

#14 xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • Server:Tifrii

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

ok let's say i am trying to kill person on TB or any battlfield :), but some1 is healing it and cant kill hem ).. it's farming?DDDDDDD. 

#15 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:34 AM

ok let's say i am trying to kill person on TB or any battlfield :), but some1 is healing it and cant kill hem ).. it's farming?DDDDDDD. 

So what you are saying is that you will continue to farm in this way even tho you can see VModPeppermint has said this is not allowed?

Why not play in battle the way this game and all other games have intended?

#16 VModPeppermint

VModPeppermint

I made it Off Topic

• WarpPortal VM
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

So what you are saying is that you will continue to farm in this way even tho you can see VModPeppermint has said this is not allowed?

I think I have to add something to that.
The statement I made above is nothing I came up with on my own.
I asked both Helium and Varitas about this and they both said this was not allowed.
So I was more or less quoting them on this topic.

#17 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:00 AM

Tho, you guys don't laugh when I join battlefield.

i do alot

#18 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

i do alot

Sorry but I don't join 69 foc huehue x'D

#19 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:13 AM

My idea was to prohibit multi logging in battlegrounds.

It would be nice... but impossible to do... How can you prohibit it? If I install a VM I can log anyway (it would be like using 2 pcs), same thing if you check IP, you can hide it and again dual log.. or just use 2-3 pc... and still multilog.

Maybe an idea could be ban all the bots (it's easier to recognize a bot) and kick inactive players from bf (e.g. get points only if you used skills, moved,... for more than 60% of the time)

#20 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:08 AM

Sorry but I don't join 69 foc huehue x'D

but you join at TBs :D

#21 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

It would be nice... but impossible to do... How can you prohibit it? If I install a VM I can log anyway (it would be like using 2 pcs), same thing if you check IP, you can hide it and again dual log.. or just use 2-3 pc... and still multilog.

Maybe an idea could be ban all the bots (it's easier to recognize a bot) and kick inactive players from bf (e.g. get points only if you used skills, moved,... for more than 60% of the time)

At least they would need to do something instead of just log another char. Also, if someone multi-log even when "you can't", for sure can be reported and suspended. Now idk how would be useful to kick inactive players in battlefield, since they all active under 1 person control, sure not active as when you have 1 char, but it is easy to alt tab and spamm the aoe on other char, or put them in AA, enough to be classified as active chars. And lol, seems pretty hard to add such systems.

#22 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

After all, who cares, probably the multi-loggers are those who keep this game alive (try to eliminate multi-loggers and see how many players left in tbf)... and also the forum is super-censored if you say the truth... happy not to play anymore, at least since there will be a real staff.

#23 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

Super-censored? Oh not true...only when someone is toxic or VM berry is lazy. This topic won't be closed if people keep giving their ideas and no1 goes mad lol.

#24 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:07 PM

Super-censored? Oh not true...only when someone is toxic or VM berry is lazy. This topic won't be closed if people keep giving their ideas and no1 goes mad lol.

I was referring to Olympics thread... they censored me just to have told the truth about the last event (and they always censor when someone says the truth about some problems they don't want to fix)..

#25 reqtest1

reqtest1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

just go 69 or 49 foc then.

no farmers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users