• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Parfait

Parfait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:21 PM

I'm having trouble as a Sorcerer being able to cast and do physical damage even though I have Free Cast. 

Is there something I need to enable or something in order to actually attack while I'm casting?

Thanks in advance. 

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:53 AM

Moved from bug section, hopefully the mage community gives you some tips.

#3 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:33 AM

So do you mean you are casting a spell but cannot attack whilst casting? This could be an ASPD problem. Besides agi, Freecast level does play a part in your ASPD reduction, minimally you need lvl 6 to get any noticable ASPD reduction, best is lvl 10.

Do you mean you are attacking but spells keep interupting? Spells are still interuptable while casting when attacking.

#4 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:50 AM

Yeah, you need to specify wich is actually your problem, you cant hit at all when casting? you can hit but get your cas interrumpted, or your ASPD drop that bad that you cant hit them, maybe you kill them too fast lol xD try to be more specific

#5 Parfait

Parfait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

Sorry for unclearness. So yes when i cast i just stand there... there is no attacking animation that is even trying to happen. I thought i was also probably killing them to fast...but i only have like 19 agi....soooooo the only way i kill them is through the lv10 bolt spell i cast, but during that duration no attack animation is happening. 

#6 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

try to order your chara to move / attack after casting the spell.

#7 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:28 AM

Ahh the issue then is that you still need to manually move your character to go up to the monster and click the monster you want to melee attack.

Freecast allows the sage to move around and melee attack monster while casting spells. It doesnt mean it will make the sage automatically wack it lol

#8 Parfait

Parfait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

I tried to cast then move then attack and it is not working...

#9 Parfait

Parfait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:27 AM

Here is a video i just recorded showing the issue im having. It has no audio, but if you see me casting and then just standing there, that was me spam clicking for it to attack after moving. 

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#10 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

you have autoattack enabled? if not try to do that, maybe you have the no control option disabled, then when you cast a spell sometimes if you click too fast on the monster to attack nothing will happen, but if you have it enabled the character will move toward the mob no problem, i think ithave to be with your ASPD wich looks very awful xD, maybe you try to click too fast while on the regular animation delay, with that ASPD you are not ready to attack something and thats why it fails, (im just conjuecturing about that) i just tried on my sorc and it works pretty much ok, try to enable the autoattack so your character will follow the mob and try to attack when reach it.

#11 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

Here is a video i just recorded showing the issue im having. It has no audio, but if you see me casting and then just standing there, that was me spam clicking for it to attack after moving. 

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Lol, now seeing your video im almost certain is an aspd problem, because notice that before the CB landed you hit the pecos, and that happened twice, but the rest of the times is not that clear because the CB landed just on the same moment you want to attack the mob, im telling you that because if you se closely on the first peco you attack you will see a 25 hit before the CB land on the mob, remember that unless you have freecast lvl 10 your ASPD will drop a lot in between cast, that ASPD penalty is applied the whole time you have a cast bar and go away when your spell is released, also, noticing your regular aspd is already slow so when the penalty is applied it drop a lot more. Also what i see is that your CB casting speed is kind of decent, so you cast your spell and you start walking when the castbar is half filled, then you reach the peco with the bar almost filled, then when you hit it the spell is about the be released and then the 25 hit got mixed with the CB that came up after that.

#12 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:04 AM

Lol, now seeing your video im almost certain is an aspd problem, because notice that before the CB landed you hit the pecos, and that happened twice, but the rest of the times is not that clear because the CB landed just on the same moment you want to attack the mob, im telling you that because if you se closely on the first peco you attack you will see a 25 hit before the CB land on the mob, remember that unless you have freecast lvl 10 your ASPD will drop a lot in between cast, that ASPD penalty is applied the whole time you have a cast bar and go away when your spell is released, also, noticing your regular aspd is already slow so when the penalty is applied it drop a lot more. Also what i see is that your CB casting speed is kind of decent, so you cast your spell and you start walking when the castbar is half filled, then you reach the peco with the bar almost filled, then when you hit it the spell is about the be released and then the 25 hit got mixed with the CB that came up after that.

This.

I managed to screenshot that hit for you, since it can be really hard to see.

#13 Parfait

Parfait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:31 AM

hmmm i guess ill wait til i get more spd....although even when i hit a geo it doesnt work either....

#14 Parfait

Parfait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

I used physic waves and it works kinda so i guess it is the aspd...doh T T

thanks for your guys help!

Edited by Parfait, 25 July 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#15 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

probably your PW casting time is slower tho, so you have time to get the monsters before you kill them lol xD, your CB casting time is kind of ok, are you using siromas?

#16 Parfait

Parfait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:58 AM

nah just alot of dex.. i build it as a caster then when i job changed i wanted to do battle..soooo YEAHHH its a bit screwed at the moment hahaha

#17 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

You have Free Cast 4, so your aspd is REALLY BAD. Additionally, every time you try to hit the monster, you either:

1. is positioned badly - 3+ cells away meaning you cannot hit

2. finished casting already.

#18 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

nah just alot of dex.. i build it as a caster then when i job changed i wanted to do battle..soooo YEAHHH its a bit screwed at the moment hahaha

Consider that being battle require that you kill 1 by 1 wich is a little bit masochistic on renewal, i really suggest you to go caster first, i mean the other way is possible but you will go super slow, good thing about aspd sorcs is that they can be used as semi-supports so you have your room on turn ins (specially on later lvls on bio 4), but i strongly suggest that if is your first sorc just made a caster one because they are cheaper and on later lvls they can manage to solo mob lvl faster. plus you cant get much cheaper lvling than a sorc using kahii tbh. Then if you still interested could switch to aspd (and when you have more gear also), is just a suggestion anyway, because smack things with books is hella funny (im telling you from experience) but get better when you are higher lvl also (i mean, you wont get as strong as an RK or something like that, you will be more in the line of battle ABs lol xD but is funny anyway, and you have some things you could do anyway :)).

#19 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

For the love of Cheese if your going to do the melee'ing get lvl 6+ Freecast, lvl 4 is a nightmare for ASPD.

#20 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

cheese is good :0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users