#1 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

After about a year I have returned to the game.  I was an ML35 Ranger when I left.  Several years ago rangers were OP for about 3 months and everyone wanted them nerfed.  So they were nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and...well you get the idea.  We never stopped having to pay for that 3 months.  As a result people stopped playing ranger very much at the time I left.  Now they seem to be all but extinct for anything but farming HHB.

After this past week I get why.  I thought I would level up and take advantage of this lovely experience boost.  I am still well geared for my level.  Someone asked for DPS for FP and I responded.  They invited me to party and I said hi what channel.  They said oh you are a ranger and I was instantly kicked, so I thought ok that is odd but whatever.   I saw someone else ask for DPS so I asked to be invited, they did.  I said hi what channel, and they said oh we need DPS with a stun pet and I was kicked.  By the way I have a stun pet.  Sure I am no cres but hey I still have one.  Someone asked for "any" for FP...so I thought ok here we go finally!  I was invited to party and said hi what channel...they said we need better DPS than a ranger and I was kicked.  All 3 times I never even got a chance to get there.  I was told that this is also an issue for rogues and wizards.  When it comes to grind parties we are all persona non grata.

Last week my friend was going to take me for Jawaii dailies because obviously you can't do any of those alone.  So he formed a raid and we tried to recruit for over an hour, we got one person to join.  It was the wrong time of day.  We were told SEA was all sleeping.  Ok fine but some of us live on other parts of the planet and are sleeping at server reset when SEA seems to want to do those raids.  We have jobs and kooky things like that and can't stay up til 6 am to do raids.

There is nothing I can farm solo for decent points.  WL easy gives you nothing to speak of.  There are no Jawaii dailies I can solo that give decent points, or for that matter even any mobs I can kill alone because they are so strong.  

The only option I have left is to make a level 40 class that is in demand and join parties on the deal that I boost my ranger but that isn't realistically feasible either.  These classes should be able to do their part in a party and level like the rest of the classes, otherwise what good are they?  A lot of time and effort was put into this character, I would like to take it to ML40 but at this point I am genuinely mystified as to how to do that.

Edited by Blondheart, 26 July 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#2 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:17 PM

You can always pay a booster to help you with your level up. It's not very expensive, around 10-15k/hr.

#3 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:21 PM

You can always pay a booster to help you with your level up. It's not very expensive, around 10-15k/hr.

Seriously though that is the best answer?  I have to pay to be boosted while everyone else can do the work themselves?  Doesn't that say something is very wrong in game.  I am not the sort of person to just stand and leech either, I want to do the work.

#4 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

Create your own grind party, invite whoever u want kick whoever u don't want. As long you pl nobody can kick you.

#5 ryzzyk

ryzzyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Idun

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

Create your own grind party, invite whoever u want kick whoever u don't want. As long you pl nobody can kick you.

This.

From my experience, ranger > rouge > sin. Ranger still can deal decent damage.

Usually I'm using my knight, SM to form party, and my hider class only leech experience. Nobody will question you since you are holding PL. I'm always accept hider since I know hider hardship to find party.

For your scenario, it is better create your own party and grind! Merchant spot still not bad for ML35 & ML36. 

And yes everyone want Cres with good pet for leveling/grinding.

Edited by ryzzyk, 26 July 2016 - 07:12 PM.

#6 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

Creating your own party is definitely the best option, for any class really. It's especially helpful if you have a friend or two with other necessary classes (crec, healer, tank) that help you form the beginning of your party to get started but you can do without that as well. If you're setting up a party during an exp event and you have an empty channel to level up at then it shouldn't take long at all to recruit a full grinding team - this is pretty much how I've been leveling my ranger at FP so far and it's worked without any issues. 

#7 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:25 AM

Seriously though that is the best answer?  I have to pay to be boosted while everyone else can do the work themselves?  Doesn't that say something is very wrong in game.  I am not the sort of person to just stand and leech either, I want to do the work.

I'm not saying there isn't something wrong, nobody likes to be kicked constantly out of leveling parties on the basis of low DPS inherent to a class. My answer is obviously a suggestion to go around the problem, a possible solution to your problem. I hope it helps! º.º

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users