#1 Supatony

Supatony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:25 AM

Hi,

Long time RO1 player, first time RO2 player. I decided to give this game a try finally. What are the current top classes for pvp/woe, and are there anything I need to know?

Thank you

#2 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hello, 

We are happy to have you visit our little corner of the world.  Right now the current top classes for PVP/WOE is the Knight.  Right now though, RO2 is going through a lot of changes, mostly to resolve many persistent bugs and to fix balance issues that have been presented to us by our player base.  We have already made great strides in our efforts and are hoping to have many more soon.  We hope you have fun and if you have any questions, feel free to ask on our forums!  

Sincerely, 

CM Varitas

#3 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:08 PM

Alternatively, if you're interested in a different PVP mode, you can try Colosseum. It has a different tier list and some avid PVP players prefer this over WOE (though nothing stops you from playing both). Stats are adjusted so your gears do not have an impact. A few items/stat systems still work despite Colosseum adjusting, which is certainly unfair, but the degree to which they benefit you varies differently based on class. Colosseum is open 3 times a day. Note these Colosseum tiers are my personal opinion.

Tier 1: Fairly common to win it all. 
Assassin, Monk, Priest

Tier 2: Relatively easy to get to final round, but faces a bit more difficulty getting the full win if facing too many Tier 1 classes.
Beastmaster, Ranger, Rogue, Warrior

Tier 3: Classes that can get by for most rounds, but usually end up being heavily farmed by Tier 1 and 2. These are relatively squishy (yes, I even consider the knight to be squishy here). This tier relies more on items/stat systems to give them the edge.
Crecentia, Knight, Sorcerer, Soulmaker, Wizard, Acolyte (yes Acolyte, DoTs are always great even if you die quickly and Asperio + Judex is just as insane as Priest)

Experience: Mainly Beastmaster, but I've dabbled in Warrior and Acolyte Colosseum PVP, and consistently reach the final round if I bother to try and there's no particular target over my head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users