iRO: PvP Tournaments discussion and feedback thread! (Classic, Chaos and Thor) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

iRO: PvP Tournaments discussion and feedback thread! (Classic, Chaos and Thor)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
254 replies to this topic

#1 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Update 8/12/2016

Accomplished from last meeting

-Aspersio scrolls will be removed from Classic tournaments.
-Pets allowed on both servers
-Upcoming event order (rest of the year): 1v1 champ/sura, following month 5v5, following month 1v1 any class, end of the year 5v5
-Xellie and I can do most Friday nights at 6:00pm server time to do events. Will this be discussed later on for all upcoming events. Hopefully this will be inclusive to people in the East with timezone differences. 
-Assumptio will be disabled on both Classic and Renewal tournaments for sura/champ ones specifically. See Xellie's post for more information

The Chaos/Thor restrictions will be as followed

Tournament Skill, Item, and Gear restrictions

-PvP reductions
-Knockback enabled
-No transformation scrolls
-No god items
-No MVP cards
-No outside buffs*
-Crescent Elbow will be disabled
-No Bellum Claw
-No Silversmith Bracelet
-No solidifying garments (randle card)
-No Asumpt Scrolls
-No Fenrir Scrolls
-No Mercs

*To check players on outside buffs, we will be doing this quick process between every single round. 
1. Enter the arena 
2. Double click on a Poison Bottle (if you don't have them, I'll sell them for 1,000,000 zeny each)
3. We will resurrect you
4. Match begins after a 20 second delay (during this time you can rebuff, with skills/gears/consumables that are allowed)

Classic restrictions

-PvP reductions

-Knockback enabled
-No god items
-No MVP cards
-No outside buffs*
-No Asumpt scrolls
-No Asperio scrolls
-No mercs

*To check players on outside buffs, we will be doing this quick process between every single round. 
1. Enter the arena 
2. Double click on a Poison Bottle (if you don't have them, I'll sell them for 1,000,000 zeny each)
3. We will resurrect you
4. Match begins after a 20 second delay (during this time you can rebuff, with skills/gears/consumables that are allowed)

Regarding the "only sura skills" or "only champion skills". As I have pointed out before, there are many items that are generally accepted by everyone. This would be things like hide. To end this conversation on a positive/funny note, here is a hide dodge training video featuring me (The Novice) training Xellie on how to hide!

Discussion of restrictions for Classic/Thor/Chaos champ/sura events is now over. Feel free to discuss thoughts on what restrictions/limits you think would be needed to run a balanced 5v5. Thank you all for the feedback. Wish you all luck in your practice and participation! Looking forward to hosting this event with Xelliepie.

We have lots of upcoming events and tournaments! Here is the full list, up until October 2016!

All events will begin at 4:00pm server time and 7:00pm Eastern.

8/7/16- Classic 5v5 
8/28/16- Chaos Sura vs Sura
9/4/16- Classic Champ vs Champ
9/11/16- Thor's Sura vs Sura
9/25/16- Chaos 5v5

Notes: We have taken a lot of feedback from many different people on how to improve. Here is a list of things we will be improving....

-Emblems working on maps 

-A balanced tournament format (i.e. no gods/mvps and community decisions on skills to disable)

-Additional interviews with participants

-Long term prizes (still in development)

-Ideas for incorporating other aspects of the game into the tournaments (still in development)

-Different formats to keep things interesting

-Consistency and transparency (important values to me, personally)

-Most important, positive vibes! We all love this game and want to see it become more populated, let's keep this in mind :)

Goal of this thread:

-Discuss thoughts and ideas

-Talk about anything related to the tournaments

-Cheer for your favorite teams or recruit for your team!

Also important to note for all of the Sura and Champion players! There is enough time that a Sura on Chaos could make a Sura on Thors to participate in the event as well and vice versa!

The dates are off and it is for more then just the Classic server......

#GETHYPED

Edited by Undying, 30 August 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#2 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Hi,

We should get all the list of gears, consumables, scrolls etc that is NOT allowed a week before the tournament. So then what ever is not listed means allowed xD

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Its listed on the registration thread

#4 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:42 PM

As a non-renewal player the transformation scrolls made it a bit.... weird coz i couldn't see clearly what was going on.

#5 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

For classic, the only sign up/post with information is for the 5v5, which has no restrictions on anything.

Future classic events will, for example the champ vs champ. I'll post that sign up the day after the 5v5 tournament so there will be less confusion, hopefully.

If you have classic feedback for restrictions please let us know. I'm more familiar with classic then renewal, but it's a tournament for you and I'd like to take your thoughts into consideration.

#6 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:23 PM

Will outside buffs be allowed in Classic 5v5?

#7 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Yes. Anything goes for the one next week. After that one we can decide on restrictions.

#8 Hametomo

Hametomo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:47 PM

To incorprate other aspects of the game into the tourney, maybe you could do a race to 99 thing on Classic where you make a character from scratch with no gear borrowed from any other characters or accounts, starting 5 days out from the event date, and you can only use what drops during the grind + NPC gear at the tourney, refined to +7 max. Obviously no gods, MVPs or minis due to the nature of it, but also no cash shop gear since that sort of stuff doesn't "drop". A bit of a silly and fun kind of thing that allows new players to participate just as easily as vets.

Edited by Hametomo, 01 August 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#9 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:51 PM

That was what I have came up with so far for PVM/PVP events. I think it would be hard to pull off, because we would have to trust the players in order to not give themselves a crazy good advantage. For example, I can 1-99 trans in less then 2 hours (not including quest time) on Classic. I'm not sure how to do it other then trust.

I know you didn't mention about any banned shadow gears but is the unfozen set allowed?

This was posted in the wrong thread. I kind of agree to disable unfrozen shadow set for the Sura vs Sura due to limited availibility. Thoughts on this from anybody? Any other gears that I may have missed?

This is what exists so far for Sura vs Sura limitations.

-PvP reductions
-Knockback enabled
-No god items
-No MVP cards
-No outside buffs*
-Crescent Elbow will be disabled
-No Bellum Claw
-No Silversmith Bracelet
-No solidifying garments (randle card)

1. Enter the arena 
3. We will resurrect you

Edited by Undying, 01 August 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#10 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for including Thor! Looking up for this!

#11 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for including Thor! Looking up for this!

Anytime :). I don't know anything about Thor's atmosphere or the playerbase there, so slightly hesitant on going hard on 5v5 ect there. What I do know is everyone loves Sura vs Sura and something for a Sura to brag about. Was a recent thought to include Thor to be honest, but hopefully I'll get to meet some people there and see what interests that playerbase ^_^

#12 Hametomo

Hametomo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

PM you the character that they're making with a screenie of creation or something, and a list of things they find as they play. If they want to use something that dropped, ask them to provide a screenie of when it dropped. No screenie and the item will be deemed illegal.

And ban items that drop from popular leeching spots. No DG, Thors or Odin's gear or cards. ID3, AL3 and Noobies should be fine since nothing really OP drops from there.

Aside from that, yes it's entirely based on trust. That's why I said fun and never used the word competitive xD

It doesn't really matter how they level either. Most people are probably just going to leech anyway. So long as they're capped by the tourney date. You can ask Camp to check character creation time to make sure they're legitimately new. Assuming the PM thing thing you'll have a premade list of characters for him to crosscheck.

Edited by Hametomo, 01 August 2016 - 03:13 PM.

#13 fwdslxshj

fwdslxshj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

My friend mentioned this "Fenrir scroll" which gives you Sacrament for 5 minutes. Will that enabled?

#14 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:26 PM

Hametomo, I really like your idea and the philosophy about fun vs competitive. We can look into that for the next tournament for Classic.

fwdslxshj, I would assume people wouldn't want that enabled. Thank you for bringing that up and hopefully others can weigh in on thoughts about it.

#15 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:37 PM

1 on 1 tournament sucks.

i main a genetic

im pretty confident i can handle all kinds of job in pvp

but it sucks i cant participate in these kinds of tournament.

why not make it ala manga/anime where tournies fight a diverse number of classes/jobs.

sura vs sura that sucks, if you want to show your fighting skills at your job then fight all different varieties of opponents.

make it not sura vs sura but rather 1 on 1 with no character switching in between, just one character the whole tourney.

#16 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:46 PM

This looks pretty fun to try count me in love see how stack up vs the best

#17 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

Can we have a just a pvp tournament instead of just sura. Bring a char and we'll see who the best is. also, we could find out what the best class for pvp is. I think we would need limit classes like SC and would need to exclude char like ninja, but would be pretty fun.

#18 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:57 PM

a draft/pick/ban with no same classes rule maybe

#19 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

Can we have a just a pvp tournament instead of just sura. Bring a char and we'll see who the best is. also, we could find out what the best class for pvp is. I think we would need limit classes like SC and would need to exclude char like ninja, but would be pretty fun.

Why exclude Ninja.

:gg:

#20 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

Sura vs Sura stems from the easiest single class that can 1v1 eachother. My experience with champions is that many of them think they are the best, so it made sense to find out who the best was under this circumstance.

However, for the next 1v1 tournament we can have an open ended 1v1 any class. That sounds like a lot of fun!

a draft/pick/ban with no same classes rule maybe

Neko and I designed a format for this before! It was team oriented (3v3), it looked amazing. Wouldn't be possible, except on sakary and would require loads of effort explaining it to people if they haven't experienced anything like it before.

#21 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Any chance of a SC vs SC in Thor? or Any class 1 on 1 if possible.

Edited by Usurper, 01 August 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#22 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

Sura vs Sura stems from the easiest single class that can 1v1 eachother. My experience with champions is that many of them think they are the best, so it made sense to find out who the best was under this circumstance.

However, for the next 1v1 tournament we can have an open ended 1v1 any class. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Neko and I designed a format for this before! It was team oriented (3v3), it looked amazing. Wouldn't be possible, except on sakary and would require loads of effort explaining it to people if they haven't experienced anything like it before.

Looking forward for this 1x1 with any class.

#23 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:28 PM

I feel bad for Thor having the time at 4pm server time (7am GMT+8), in which only very few Suras can join (probably only those outside Asia and possibly Australia can join) and it's even in the day when they need to enter school or work :wah: . And for everyone in Thor can join and/or watch the event, I suggest to make the time (at least in Thor) be chosen between 3-8am server time (6-11pm GMT+8) or a little earlier.

#24 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:31 PM

You guys should host a 1v1 open to all classes as an event in the future. It would be interesting to see different classes duke it out for the best of the best.

BTW thanks for hosting these. I now have something to look forward to on RO as a competitive player. (rip usrc)

#25 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

Any chance of a SC vs SC in Thor? or Any class 1 on 1 if possible.

shadow form should be banned on this tourney.

tbh manhole-landmine-shadowform is the lamest tactic to kill in pvp.

there should be other skill restrictions as well like: no limits, intense telekinesis, and so on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users