iRO: PvP Tournaments discussion and feedback thread! (Classic, Chaos and Thor) - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

iRO: PvP Tournaments discussion and feedback thread! (Classic, Chaos and Thor)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
254 replies to this topic

#201 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:57 AM

Undying,

Its going to happen this week end right? 

You mentioned that wind walk scrolls will not be allowed as well?

It will be this Sunday.

Here is a list of restrictions. All of this is final (unless map messes up or something out of my control limits it :X)

he Chaos/Thor restrictions will be as followed

Tournament Skill, Item, and Gear restrictions

-PvP reductions
-Knockback enabled
-No transformation scrolls
-No god items
-No MVP cards
-No outside buffs*
-Crescent Elbow will be disabled
-No Bellum Claw
-No Silversmith Bracelet
-No solidifying garments (randle card)
-No Asumpt Scrolls
-No Fenrir Scrolls
-No Mercs

*To check players on outside buffs, we will be doing this quick process between every single round. 
1. Enter the arena 
2. Double click on a Poison Bottle (if you don't have them, I'll sell them for 1,000,000 zeny each)
3. We will resurrect you
4. Match begins after a 20 second delay (during this time you can rebuff, with skills/gears/consumables that are allowed)

#202 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

Chaos and Thors prize list update!!!! (classics will be coming soon)

1st place

VIP

Costume: CD In Mouth

Official bragging rights as The Best Sura 2016 iRO

2nd place

VIP 

Costume: CD In Mouth

3rd-99th

A wonderful experience! 

#203 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

3rd-99th

A wonderful experience! 

hahahahahahahahaha xDDDD

#204 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

Map is all setup with new and improved security features to keep people from potential disruptions! 

I will be running tests of the map to ensure that everything is working as intended tonight. Might open it up for people to practice in it tonight at 9:00pm server time. Full practice matches for those interested. All you will have to do is friend RollingUndying in Hugel and I'll get it moving. Good practice for you and good practice for me. Probably do it for an hour, if there is a bunch of interest then might extend longer. This is for people signed up to participate only, however if you want to participate you can still sign up!

Tomorrow night, after WoE, I'll open it up and be around for at least a few hours so people can practice in the arena. It will only work when I am available and at the computer and these are the times I'll be available/willing to do this. 

#205 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

Testing went well!

PvP reductions are correct

Knockback is working

Gods are all disabled

MVPs are all disabled

Spellbreak, assumptio, and guard can't be used and have no effect

You can be in the same guild and fight against each other. The only way you can't deal damage is by being in the same party

Only thing that wasn't working properly was removal of Sacrament and/or effects of Fenrir Scrolls. We will be requiring that you kill yourself before entering. There will be zero tolerance for using Fenrir scrolls and/or Sacrament prior to the actual fights starting. It will be an automatic DQ immediately and I will take great enjoyment in spending 10 minutes publicly shaming you. Same thing applies for any other form of cheating (ndly/AP/WPE/RPE ect).

Thank you all!

Tomorrow night, probably about 15 min after WoE, the map will be opened up for everybody to practice on! It will be open for as long as I can stay wake lol. I am super pumped to see the tournament come to life! Hope you all enjoy and can't wait to see you soon!

#206 amandabambi

amandabambi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:45 PM

The upcoming event has rejuvenated PvP, and encouraged people to invest their time and zeny in gears for the tournament. Costume: CD in Mouth seems better suited as a participation prize than a winning prize.  :p_swt: Perhaps we could have the Costume: CD in Mouth rewarded as a participation prize, in appreciation of people's efforts, and a unique headgear awarded to the winner instead?

#207 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

You guys need help funding these events?

#208 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

You guys need help funding these events?

Yes. Accepting all donations to be given out as prizes.

#209 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

Yes. Accepting all donations to be given out as prizes.

We now have a participation prize for everyone participating!!!!!

-10 OCA donated by Jerome (per person participating)

Our community is great! Staff offering prizes and participants also donating for prizes!!!!!!! Love it ^_^

#210 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:55 PM

This shіt better have cool hats

#211 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:18 PM

We are open for practice on the official map! Head to Hugel and friend RollingUndying for PW to arena! We will also be streaming the practice on www.twitch.tv/xellie

#212 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

Participation prize and individual prize for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place is a must.  It attracts people to join the tournament.  I think it's unfair to the participants to not get any participation prize at all.  I heard people been practicing and investing time/zeny to this tournament.  I mean, look at  the other events especially the drawing contest.  They always get a participation prize and a rare prize to the winners.  What about the people that wants a prize and can't join the drawing contest 'cause they can't draw?  Pvp has been alive because of this tournament.  This Pvp tournament welcomes everyone that wants to have fun and should get a participation prize. I don't know why GMs are stingy to give a participation prize, and the prize for the winner isn't appealing.

Edited by Lilp, 27 August 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#213 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:08 PM

The prize is complete trash in comparison to other PvP and Art related contests that's been held on iRO.

#214 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:17 PM

Agree with points about prizes 100%. 

We have a very large format to make it through for Chaos Sura vs Sura. Here are some big key points...

-We will be closing registration an hour before the tournament due to trying to salvage whatever is left of Xellies sanity (3:00pm server time)

-Participants must friend RollingUndying in Hugel by 3:45pm server time at the latest!!!!

-Communication between me and all participants will be through /hi and whispers (only with RollingUndying). So please pay attention. Getting through the format will take a bit of time as is, so please be ready to go to help us make this go as fast as possible.

#215 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

Yep please sign up by an hour before it starts so I have time to add names to the participants list which can be seen here

I will be streaming on my channel - we will be doing VIP giveaways and quizzes! If you want to see the current standings type !bracket into the stream chat.

xgYT83R.png

#216 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:19 PM

Registration is now closed

Edited by Undying, 28 August 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#217 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Congrats to Hawiaan Punch for taking first place as THE BEST SURA 2016 CHAOS! In second place we had Smoochpie!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who participated! It went wayyyyy longer then I expected and could handle haha, but hope it was ok to watch. We capped out at well over 100 followers and had some great VIP give aways! I missed 99% of the twitch chat, but hope you guys all enjoyed.

Sometime this week, when I'm not so burnt out from RO lol, I'll open up a thread asking people for thoughts about skill/item/buff limitations for the upcoming 5v5 tournaments! Gods/MVPs will be removed, but what else should be to make it kinda fair and to promote a variety of compositions? Get your thoughts and save them for that thread!

Thank you to all of the participants, Campitor, and Xellie. Goooood night lol

#218 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

grats to the winners it was fun to watch everyone but that autofist tho... :p_sad:

#219 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

#lunatichatforclassicprize

#220 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

The prize is complete trash in comparison to other PvP and Art related contests that's been held on iRO.

Ive actually been sharpening my art skills instead of logging on ro to farm instances. I figured thats the best way to make zeny these days.

#221 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

Ive actually been sharpening my art skills instead of logging on ro to farm instances. I figured thats the best way to make zeny these days.

I'll try to find more ways to include people that aren't fans of art or feel like they can't compete.
It does kind of suck that people end up selling their hats. I think some people enter, like you said, just to try and make zeny.
There's a few people that keep the hats afaik and would never sell them.

The tournament was really fun though, the best one yet.
Hopefully people can give Jerome a bit more challenge in the future. Needless to say, I think he was the hands down favorite to win.

Edited by Myzery, 28 August 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#222 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

congrats to Jerome, was a really long stream but tbh i think was a really good tournament and i dont even notice how much time passed until the last fight xDD, so well done :D

#223 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

Congrats Jerome you poopooface!  :p_devil:  I think all of the participants enjoyed the tourney, well-done~!

#224 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:47 AM

wth really good experience :heh:  

#225 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:35 AM

Thank you everyone for participating / watching / supporting / helping! we capped out at 109 viewers which is absolutely fantastic~

The final results can be viewed here

The twitch VOD is here

(working on the yt export)

How did everyone feel about the map size? I may have just been in a stupor because I was so tired but it was really hard to keep up with the participants and it felt like they had too many opportunities to escape / it was too hard to actually find each other to engage. So just personally I feel like a smaller map would be better.

Next time I'll play with different screen resolutions to see if I can fit more of it on screen. (I don't have a zoom hack sooooo... ).

Sorry for the couple I forgot to swap the screen back. I'll do better next time :p_swt:

For those who were asking you can find the majority of the songs here

And for the guy asking about the setup / software : here you go

Ag9dUkt.png

Edited by Xellie, 29 August 2016 - 05:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users