Classic August 4th Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic August 4th Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

Player run tournament this week: https://forums.warpp...up-thread-8716/

As a reminder community run contests/events can be found here: https://forums.warpp...sts-and-events/

EXP and Drops events depart from Classic this week!

Rachel Spotlight comes in.

The Summer Sports Festa is getting expanded!

Spoiler

Spooky Machine Update - Next week I want to add some pet tames to the reward list. What do you want to see?

Spoiler

#2 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:22 PM

Hi Campitor,

Will the spooky machine leave after maint? What about summer festa? How long is it gonna stay?

Are we also gonna get the lvl 99 trans reward this week? Tia!

#3 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

Hi Campitor,

Will the spooky machine leave after maint? What about summer festa? How long is it gonna stay?

Are we also gonna get the lvl 99 trans reward this week? Tia!

Spooky Machine is staying for a little bit. Looking at revamping the classic rewards a little.
Summer Festa is staying till the end of the month. Were adding the fishing mini game and the obstacle course this week. Preparing another mini game as well but not sure itll be ready for this week.
Trans reward should be coming as well.

#4 cokelight

cokelight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

no spotlight?

#5 Rocknwar

Rocknwar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

Any idea why 7+ is same item as 4+  3x prize medal on spooky machine? we could use for guild surplus box as replacement for 7+ crackle buckler or something else.

Edited by Rocknwar, 03 August 2016 - 10:45 PM.

#6 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

Dont keep the Spooky Machine for a long time else will happen the same problem with the Prize Medal Event in Hugel!!!

Glast Heim or Rachel or Juno Spotlight please!

#7 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:39 AM

Spooky Machine is staying for a little bit. Looking at revamping the classic rewards a little.
Summer Festa is staying till the end of the month. Were adding the fishing mini game and the obstacle course this week. Preparing another mini game as well but not sure itll be ready for this week.
Trans reward should be coming as well.

To be honest, I'm more concerned with the yggs flooding the server than the medals. Medals are account bound and you can only earn max 27 per day given all chars will get those (which, chances are, won't).

If you plan on extending the spooky machine event, just maybe not more than a week maximum. The chances of getting seeds per account are almost equivalent to a day of castle treasure. Doing it on 3 or more accounts, it will yield better than a fairly econed castle.

Altho I know my guild can also benefit from this, I don't think it's good for the server (economy-wise and supply-wise) in the long run. Just my thoughts.

#8 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

To be honest, I'm more concerned with the yggs flooding the server than the medals. Medals are account bound and you can only earn max 27 per day given all chars will get those (which, chances are, won't).

If you plan on extending the spooky machine event, just maybe not more than a week maximum. The chances of getting seeds per account are almost equivalent to a day of castle treasure. Doing it on 3 or more accounts, it will yield better than a fairly econed castle.

Altho I know my guild can also benefit from this, I don't think it's good for the server (economy-wise and supply-wise) in the long run. Just my thoughts.

This ^

Change for Vintage Orc Helm.

It has long not been the quest that rewards this hat.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:17 AM

as much as I despise seed flooding, who cares when everyone gets one shot by hibram if they don't have gtb hurrr oh wait the seeds are for the champs to pick off gtb users

tldr; seeds are stupid hibram is stupid

#10 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:47 AM

Seeds are consumable and will eventually get used up.
This is nowhere near as bad as green ales back in the day.

I'm not sure why they can't just test to see if hibrams were obtained through abusing ET.
It's pretty obnoxious to believe that there's so many "legit" cards

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

They don't get used up because there's not enough people in WoE for them to be used up on. Especially when you realize its on top of bots/uncontrolled economy.

#12 Rocknwar

Rocknwar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:35 AM

Well some smaller guilds doesn't have fund to buy GSB to use on WOE supplies so that why they don't WOE that much.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

don't buy gsb... just hunt them. I've never paid for a gsb, ever.

#14 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

I thought MVP cards are disabled

#15 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

Ohh baby, it's good to be back playing! I see I came right at the end of an event/exp event as usual. Thanks to karma and Murphy's law xD

#16 Hametomo

Hametomo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

Ummmm yeah I'm not exactly 100% up to speed with this server but why did someone decide to make seeds, an incredibly broken consumable en-masse, infinitely farmable with alts (and as I've learned people have 100+ alts for seal rolling here not counting personal stuff) on top of existing stockpiles and what I can only assume is minimum half a dozen bots farming stem worms in Lhz 24/7?

... and these festa medal things for orc boots.

Like... seriously who thought this was a good idea? This server's competitive scene and player economy is atrocious and the decisions I'm seeing be made right now aren't helping it in the least. It's like you guys design events to specifically cater to abusive farmers and autofollow trains. Cue satirical image of a man with an "economy" t-shirt getting dropped on his neck by another guy in a "world's best dev" t-shirt.

Classic is literally the last people RO oldbies can go to enjoy the pre-re experience officially. Please don't ruin the one selling point this server has over privates :[

Edited by Hametomo, 04 August 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#17 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

If you think this is bad, boy you'd have had no fun 12-24 months ago.

Server is in a pretty good place overall honestly (just a lack of players), the badge/seed acquisition rates are not that bad and there's only a couple of ways to earn Fiesta Medals this time around so far. Plus it has only been in a week, if you've got some big complaints about specific things instead of complaining about them vaguely, make a good argument to the GMs and they will look into the issue.

As for actual things:

Dont forget to turn off the Prontera wide shout for Hazy.

Have you also done a DB dump for Oda to pretty up for us?

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

this is what 1 week of farming and 2 years worth of woes of 10% more damage looks like

HOXfIId.jpg

LETS HAVE SOME FUN SHALL WE

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

... you guys don't even want to know the ygg situation.

#20 Hametomo

Hametomo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:51 PM

If you think this is bad, boy you'd have had no fun 12-24 months ago.

Server is in a pretty good place overall honestly (just a lack of players), the badge/seed acquisition rates are not that bad and there's only a couple of ways to earn Fiesta Medals this time around so far. Plus it has only been in a week, if you've got some big complaints about specific things instead of complaining about them vaguely, make a good argument to the GMs and they will look into the issue.

As for actual things:

Dont forget to turn off the Prontera wide shout for Hazy.

Have you also done a DB dump for Oda to pretty up for us?

Does infinite SP in a game full of high consumption spammable skills and stacking gear need elaboration? Infiniseeds + champs and bombers and wizzies with hibram and like every class with gtb = a really toxic meta.

Why are you trying to undermine my opinion like that anyway? Your argument is even "vaguer" than mine :[

#21 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

Does infinite SP in a game full of high consumption spammable skills and stacking gear need elaboration? Infiniseeds + champs and bombers and wizzies with hibram and like every class with gtb = a really toxic meta.

Why are you trying to undermine my opinion like that anyway? Your argument is even "vaguer" than mine :[

I still have more Seeds than I will ever want, need or use from two previous events. This one is merely a drop in the bucket. I dont disagree that infinite supplies are an issue, but the things they're adding are things that have already been in the game. If instead of just complaining or exploiting the mistakes from the GMs, people made an effort to try discuss their issues with the GMs or even each other on the forums, it's entirely possible that we would see some change.

Instead people just post passive aggressive garbage and nothing ever gets done. The GMs rush around fixing their mistakes because people only tell them about serious server issues after they've already had a week or two to make use of whatever loopholes. Obviously it's not one way, the GMs need to be more transparent about what they're doing. But it should be clear to anyone who has spent more than a few months on this server that they need our help.

Edited by Themes, 04 August 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#22 Hametomo

Hametomo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

Well a discussion would be nice! Why don't we just start one then? There's more than enough groundwork for it and it seems like everyone agrees that infinite SP is a problem, though I certainly don't agree with the stance that it's okay because it's been in before. It's never too late to make positive changes.

Edited by Hametomo, 04 August 2016 - 02:10 PM.

#23 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

playing ragnarok clicker, lol :heh:  :p_laugh:

#24 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

Sure, it's not "okay" because it has been before. But you've gotta understand here, the GMs have provided us with infinite supplies. Slims, Bombs, Coats, Crystal Fragments, BG Blues you name it. Until someone sits down and appeals to them to tone it down a little they're just going to keep doing what they're doing. Saying "this is dumb" isnt the same as "Hey GMs giving us infinite supplies is hurting the game because...".

I love GSBs, they've reduced the amount of time or effort you need to invest to supply a guild. However they're regularly directly influenced by spotlights and drop events, why should the implementation of periodic events that add strong SP consumables be any different? You're looking at changing the way the entire server supplies itself. It would be silly to single out a single consumable in the list of "infinite supplies". Look at it as a whole and address the entire issue rather than cherry pick the one you dont like.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:23 PM

I still have more Seeds than I will ever want, need or use from two previous events. This one is merely a drop in the bucket.

Isn't that the problem?

I dont disagree that infinite supplies are an issue, but the things they're adding are things that have already been in the game.

120k more seeds in one guilds bank is just making the problem bigger.

If instead of just complaining or exploiting the mistakes from the GMs, people made an effort to try discuss their issues with the GMs or even each other on the forums, it's entirely possible that we would see some change.

People try to do that then you come along and shoot them down for expressing their opinion

Instead people just post passive aggressive garbage and nothing ever gets done.

Have you ever asked the kettle how it's day was?

The GMs rush around fixing their mistakes because people only tell them about serious server issues after they've already had a week or two to make use of whatever loopholes.

Speak for yourself, Valhalla always report things as soon as we find them : See MCAs in hazy.

Obviously it's not one way, the GMs need to be more transparent about what they're doing. But it should be clear to anyone who has spent more than a few months on this server that they need our help.

That will go so much smoother if you didn't jump on people with bollocks such as

Plus it has only been in a week, if you've got some big complaints about specific things instead of complaining about them vaguely, make a good argument to the GMs and they will look into the issue.

Normally I don't take issues with your posts but calling people out for being PA whilst being PA and accusing them of not posting about problems when they're posting about problems? I can't even.....

edit: to address your last post; it's been explained many times over why infinite yggs are a bad idea (infinite gfist behind a CP under a hibram precast to begin with) and it completely undermines the balance with which g fist was created with in mind; i.e: the scarcity of SP items.

Not sure how many times that statement has to be posted but yeah.

With no offense to the guild involved, there's no reason why this should happen.... Now imagine it with CP and 7~8 more champs. Hibram cleans up everything without a gtb, champs snipe the rest. The server SIMPLY DOES NOT HAVE A LARGE ENOUGH POPULATION TO HANDLE THIS SCALE OF DAMAGE.

Spoiler

Edited by Xellie, 04 August 2016 - 02:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users