Classic August 4th Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic August 4th Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#26 soldier504

soldier504

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

Hey GM's any chance we can get some type of inventory organizer in classic like they have in renewal??

#27 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

Disable MVP cards

Disable kafra cards

Castle savepoints

Disable flag-ins

Disable HP/SP consumables completely

Randomize castle loots

Remove identical castle maps

BAM new meta for the next 100 years we'll never quit this god forsaken game ever

#28 Hametomo

Hametomo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

I've just done a bit of seaching in this subforum, and a lot of people have asked repeatedly for that stuff to be nerfed, removed with compensation, removed without compensation, removed with alternatives provided, you name it. Why has nothing been done? I could probably just quote all of that and the rationale provided in each post and fill up a whole thread page with it.

Also okay, there's a massive issue that needs addressing and it's not JUST seeds. You just listed them yourself in the post you just made. That's great! Why don't we use that list to begin to sort things out? I'm sure other people can weigh in as well. Since I don't have a ton of experience with this server, all I can really say is that oversupply of consumables and especially bomb mats is not a good thing since it leads to stack n' spam and overreliance on burst. Frags being farmable in bulk to any capacity is just silly because of wiz link and overpowered precasting due to MVP saturation and that cash shop nonsense. Blues should not be farmable from a game mode that encourages botting and idling. Et cetera.

Edited by Hametomo, 04 August 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#29 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

Sure, it's not "okay" because it has been before. But you've gotta understand here, the GMs have provided us with infinite supplies. Slims, Bombs, Coats, Crystal Fragments, BG Blues you name it. Until someone sits down and appeals to them to tone it down a little they're just going to keep doing what they're doing. Saying "this is dumb" isnt the same as "Hey GMs giving us infinite supplies is hurting the game because...".

I love GSBs, they've reduced the amount of time or effort you need to invest to supply a guild. However they're regularly directly influenced by spotlights and drop events, why should the implementation of periodic events that add strong SP consumables be any different? You're looking at changing the way the entire server supplies itself. It would be silly to single out a single consumable in the list of "infinite supplies". Look at it as a whole and address the entire issue rather than cherry pick the one you dont like.

I don't think Hametomo or anyone for that matter is just trying to "single out a consumable" and "cherrypicking the ones a poster does not like."

Remember the Hugel medals before? It became a problem when it was put as a reward on a farmable quest, the server ending up with a flood of slotted elemental armors. People have been pointing that out in this forums before.

So same as today, it's not cherrypicking the consumable, it's just because it's the one currently in a highly farmable quest that might cause problems (adding more to an already overflowing supply). Currently, the ygg seed turnout from that quest is like 30-34% everyday. (Sampling I used are the characters we have).

And also about what you've said that "there's only a couple of ways of getting Festa medals so far," yes there are just 2 ways rn, however, a single account in half a day's work can give you 5,400 medals. Limited, yes, but pretty generous isn't it? Js :3

Edited by teresias, 04 August 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#30 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

personally, (as a player who was not around last few times seeds fell from the sky like rain and orc stuff was obtainable, ect) things that have been events before are all fine by me. and as a general philosophy, i've always stated that if something was once obtainable easily and no longer is (such as my problem getting slotted ele armors a year ago) it should at least be on the table for an event in the future. the population will always be split on the over supply "issue". the reason for this is. if you were to actually "fix" it. you would have to remove all supply items, crafting mats for those items, ect as well. AND EVEN THEN. you would be holding back every player who hasnt gotten as far as another did with the help of the years of oversupply. at least in comparison. i wouldnt say its literally holding them back cuz #playthegamebro.   however, it wouldnt be a "fair environment". 

this is one of those times where i'd say "instead of tearing eachother a new(B) one and hateing on the game, perhaps we should look at what we can add to the world we are given"  <<a common phrase these days when voice chatting with other players, sad rlly that you would have to tell someone that.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Thing is lxst, the seeds should get used up eventually... but they don't. They keep putting more in and they add to a very toxic and unconducive environment to small/new/inexperienced guilds. (especially those without GR/DR in any reasonable numbers and/or gtbs to bypass precast/sg)

having more yggs does not counter someone else having more yggs. it just means someone somewhere has more champs or is selling them to the guild fielding a billion champs + hibrams and that  a lot more one shotting is going on.

A few months ago, people started refusing to fight valhalla because we wiped them too easy (not fun) - tell me, how does even more gfist spam make the game fun?

, i've always stated that if something was once obtainable easily and no longer is (such as my problem getting slotted ele armors a year ago) it should at least be on the table for an event in the future.

This is correct for gear, but for consumables? They are consumable, it should go away eventually. Gear however, does not.

Edited by Xellie, 04 August 2016 - 02:55 PM.

#32 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

Spooky Machine Update - Next week I want to add some pet tames to the reward list. What do you want to see?

Spoiler

What about just putting a Taming Gift set in there?

Edit: I dont think Guarana Candy does anything on Classic. I remember testing last time they were in and didnt notice a difference.

Edited by Themes, 04 August 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#33 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

i'm not saying its not a problem for the woe meta, but new players (they exist, my guild is FULL of them) love stuff like that, and it really helps them. (granted, they dont roll out 100+ toons on whatever event thingy is going on) 

so whats the correct choice? thats my point. 

from the viewpoint of a new player on the fourms and to this WAKO CRAZY server (*flail arms in air like mad man, lol) our woe meta dont concern them and they hate it when ppl like us try to change parts of the game to fix that other gameplay environment.

again im at a point here where idk whats the right choice.

do i want the server flooded with seeds? not rlly...... 

am i gonna be happy when i go to play a non trans toon with -_- gear on an alt account with no vip and instead of dieing i can use that random seed? yes....... omg yes.

with all that said i am down for it being replaced on the roll, cuz it dont directly affect me any tho....

Edited by lxst, 04 August 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

i think its conc pot on guarana

how about some buff scrolls or something, idk gsbs maybe? slot coupon for mids? just spitballing ideas cause too tired to be smart right now

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

@lxst : the answer is something to help the newbs out. Alternatives that don't destroy the fragile crapshoot that is classic's woe meta even further.

#36 Rocknwar

Rocknwar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

At least they replace other than seeds. I'm curious what kind of pet tames reward list going be.

#37 soldier504

soldier504

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

As a newer player, WOE is fun in its current form. yes your Guild is curently on top Xellie, but all the newer guilds should look at that as something to try and break one day.. it may take awhile to steal a few MVP timers and farm spots but it is possible. mostly what im seeing is how people are trying to level right now as the main issue.. they do janeway then go ID3 so you have a fully lvled char with nothing needed you might have had drop by traditional lvling. yes it takes longer but it gets you alot of what you need to trade/farm/make items to get you started in the latter stages of the game.

#38 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Entering the testing phase very soon

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

As a newer player, WOE is fun in its current form. yes your Guild is curently on top Xellie, but all the newer guilds should look at that as something to try and break one day.. it may take awhile to steal a few MVP timers and farm spots but it is possible. mostly what im seeing is how people are trying to level right now as the main issue.. they do janeway then go ID3 so you have a fully lvled char with nothing needed you might have had drop by traditional lvling. yes it takes longer but it gets you alot of what you need to trade/farm/make items to get you started in the latter stages of the game.

As well you should =P But even the fiercest tenacity doesn't win against game mechanics.

Actually funny story... I wasn't talking about "new/small" guilds exclusively. You guys gotta do your thing, but the game doesn't stay fun when damage is that stupid high and fast. I don't enjoy fighting against it either. Like both ways, fights are fast and unsatisfying.

ygg spam is pretty awful at MVPs too.... but it seems campitor is addressing that. Hopefully the supply dries up soon. (unless everyone abused past events like Themes claimed he has then there's no hope)

Edited by Xellie, 04 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#40 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

I'm so glad they added the new classic server: clickers.

#41 bloodsinarmy

bloodsinarmy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

but the game doesn't stay fun when damage is that stupid high and fast. I don't enjoy fighting against it either. Like both ways, fights are fast and unsatisfying.

no gods/mvp woe will fix that

#42 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

There are other ways to helping New Players where you don't have to flood the Server with something OP like yggseeds. Whenever I see new players that need help I tend to give them items or zeny, yeah some people might dislike that because people are supposed to get by on their own but with how the server currently is it is almost impossible for them.

I'm actually one of the people that profits the most from the Spooky Machine due to having a dozen accounts with a dozen chars. I've made over 1k Yggseeds with that NPC already. I think it's dumb that they did this and I don't like it despite making use of it like everyone else. Events like this should offer gear or items that are not too OP but that might be interesting to both newbies and older players.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

no gods/mvp woe will fix that

Makes it worse. IT's just a bomb/fist fest with infinite supplies and anything else is outpotted with lightning fast synchronized MLG PRO reactions.

#44 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:55 PM

Best way would be tune up the items that are giving out trouble due to high dmg output.

#45 bloodsinarmy

bloodsinarmy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:55 PM

Makes it worse. IT's just a bomb/fist fest with infinite supplies and anything else is outpotted with lightning fast synchronized MLG PRO reactions.

No it doesn't.

*Points to recent no god woe event*. Fights actually lasted. Oh dispel would work on dps classes. 

#46 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

B> cheap ygg seeds (Bulk)

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

No it doesn't.

*Points to recent no god woe event*. Fights actually lasted. Oh dispel would work on dps classes. 

I have a video of it taking a guild 20mins to kill me on the dumb guild scholar with just a bg set on.

Fights lasted longer because nobody good played.

#48 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

The bomb issue also has to do with 0.2 sec being the input limit on this server.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:01 PM

I die faster to bomb with mvps and gods on than without.

well fancy that.

#50 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

The bomb issue also has to do with 0.2 sec being the input limit on this server.

Yeah it should be 0.75

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users