Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:29 PM

WNkBn50.png

Summer Dungeon Bash!

Slay Monsters as a Community! Win Prizes!

August 8 to September 19

The heat of summer is wilting to most of us, but the monsters of Rune Midgarts thrive in it! It's time to step up our population control measures. As a thank you for your hard work, King Reinhart has offered a bounty for increasing the number of Ocean-Themed Boss Monsters killed each week. 

Details

Each defeat of the noted boss monster or monsters will be counted toward the tiers. Everyone who participates in the event will earn the tiers that were unlocked each week! This is a "beat your high score" type of event, and the goal each week is to exceed the number of boss monsters killed the previous week. We will update the score to beat each maintenance, and the prizes earned throughout the week will be distributed during regular maintenance. 

Server Prizes

Week 5 Tiers: 9/7 to 9/12

Cheny!

Score to Beat: 48,533

+250: 3x DNA Random Box (By Cheny)

+500: 2x Cheny's Lucky Dye Box

+750: 2x Rune Remover (By Cheny)

+1,000: 2x Cheny's Snowflake Box

+1,250: 2x Cheny's Sunshine Box

+1,500: 2x Cheny's Soul

Additional Tiers

Spoiler

Completed Tiers

Spoiler

To Enter

To enter, you must kill one of the bosses listed below. Each Boss Monster is worth a specific amount of points.

vS9mvvx.png

Izlude Cave: Penomena

Value: 1 Point

Easy

CU29SE2.png

Temple of the Sea God: Leviathan

Value: 3 Points

Average

cDAe3OI.png

Cursed Ghost Ship: Drake

Value: 5 Points

Moderate

8PRBUvf.png

Wonderland: Queen Serenia (any difficulty)

Value: 10 Points

Hard

Week 3 Tiers: 8/15 to 8/22

Honing!

+250: 2x Jehoons Honing Polish Box

+500: 2x Holgren’s Honing Polish Box

+750: 3x Special Honing Oil (10%)

+1,000: 2x Complete Honing Scrub

+1,250: 2x Precise Honing Hammer

+1,500: 3x Special Honing Oil (15%)

#2 akemarufin

akemarufin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

so if i want to get all the 1st week prizes

if i only kill drake, 1500 points / 5 point drake = 300 drake to kill?

am i right? 

and what's the "Score to Beat: 5,300" ?

#3 Althen

Althen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

It sounds like it is a count by all players who kill bosses, so all kills will go to the point count per tier. But yes, 300 drakes would need to be killed for the 1,500 points.

The score to beat seems to be a high score to be beat for the first tier for now.

#4 akemarufin

akemarufin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:13 PM

It sounds like it is a count by all players who kill bosses, so all kills will go to the point count per tier. But yes, 300 drakes would need to be killed for the 1,500 points.

The score to beat seems to be a high score to be beat for the first tier for now.

what i dont get are

> kill count by per player or whole server 

> whats the meaning for "score to beat"? if we hit 1500 point on 1st tier, but we have to hit 5300 point to get the prize? 

#5 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:20 PM

From what i understand (I could be wrong)

This is my scenario :

Me and my guildmates (Total 100 characters) doing solo killing Drake.
Each one of us are assigned to kill Drake 11 times.

So..

5 (Drake Points) x 11 (Solo run) x 100 (Characters) = 5500

If no one else on the server doing this. Then i guess only me and my guildmates would receive the prize?

Since we're the only ones participating.

Is this right?

And btw. as for killing Penomena, Leviathan & Drake.

Does it counts for any difficulty as well?

Edited by freakygin, 04 August 2016 - 07:28 PM.

#6 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Great Questions! Let me try to clear it up.

5,300 was the number of times the monsters were killed last week. This is without modifying kills for points (for example, 1 kill is 5 points for Drake during the event, in the 5,300 count, all kills were 1). So basically, even if the boss kill is just average during the event period, with the modified point weight you'd still unlock some tiers. Add in what I hope will be extra kills because of the event, and we should unlock all the levels this week!

Kill count is the entire server. We aren't expecting you to single-handedly kill Serenia 530+ times. Although that would be awesome. 

This is the first time we've done something like this, so if the numbers come up strange this week, we'll make adjustments to make it more fair and enjoyable. 

Every character can "enter" as many times as they want. Each boss kill will be counted. The only limit is, of course, dungeon lockouts.

Any difficulty level in any of the dungeons will be accepted. 

You will only qualify for the prize if you participate. Currently, you are considered a participant when you kill one of the listed boss monsters. Just to be sure your account isn't missed, you might want to kill an extra few!

I'm going to verify with Njoror that everyone involved in a party or raid kill gets participation credit. However, at this time this is only a boss kill count. So if you group as 5 and kill Penomena, you will earn 1 point but 5 participants.

I'm also going to verify that we'll only be distributing prizes 1 time per account ID. So if you participate on 10 characters, you won't be getting 10x reward packages. Sorry!

More questions? Let me know!

#7 akemarufin

akemarufin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

so just to be clear i have to kill atleast one of the 4 boss 1 time to "enter" this event in order to get the prize? 

if the server ady hit the needed point but my char did not kill any of the boss i wont get any prize?

am i right? 

will there be any "thing" showing the current point? 

and pleaseeeeeeeeeeee use the "same item" i dont want to get like 3 type or infi, blessing, lucky, rr, the list go on ^^

#8 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

so just to be clear i have to kill atleast one of the 4 boss 1 time to "enter" this event in order to get the prize? 

if the server ady hit the needed point but my char did not kill any of the boss i wont get any prize?

am i right? 

will there be any "thing" showing the current point? 

and pleaseeeeeeeeeeee use the "same item" i dont want to get like 3 type or infi, blessing, lucky, rr, the list go on ^^

You'll need to "enter" by killing at least one of the bosses listed in the event in order to qualify for the prizes that week. 

If the server count is already at +1,000 or higher, you will still get credit for your entry. 

If you kill a boss today, but no bosses next week, you won't qualify for week 2 rewards. 

I will check to see if we can get count updates posted. If anything, the updates would likely be posted to my Twitter. 

I will try to make sure that all item IDs are, at the very least, the same IDs that were used for the Summer Sharing event, if applicable. 

https://twitter.com/RO2_Idun

#9 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• 386 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

I suppose I better start doing my union quest then!

#10 Angel0Valentine

Angel0Valentine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:08 PM

Idun I have three questions really.

Are you counting Party Kills?

Do you have a way to know who was in the party and has killed a boss?

Do we have to enter something somewhere to participate?

#11 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

Idun I have three questions really.

Are you counting Party Kills?

A party kill counts as 1 kill. This is a boss kill counter event, so killing in a party or raid will still count for 1 kill, but everyone in the party should get an "entry" from killing the boss.

Do you have a way to know who was in the party and has killed a boss?

I believe so, but I've asked Njoror to verify with the logs from the weekend. I'll have a definite answer on Monday.

Do we have to enter something somewhere to participate?

Nope! Just kill one of the listed bosses.

#12 wichaden

wichaden

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo (Republica Dominicana)

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

I typically perform missions for diamonds hunting in normal and hard, and the union quest for drake in these count ?.

#13 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:34 AM

I typically perform missions for diamonds hunting in normal and hard, and the union quest for drake in these count ?.

Yes.

#14 momoqi

momoqi

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:18 PM

so, we had to kill some monsters in one day or in one day we could kill the monster more than 1 time

or everyone has the opportunity 1 time for 1 day and on the day next get the chance again?

#15 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:01 PM

so, we had to kill some monsters in one day or in one day we could kill the monster more than 1 time

or everyone has the opportunity 1 time for 1 day and on the day next get the chance again?

You can kill them any time during the week. You can kill 1 each day or several in 1 day if you want. Yes you can kill more than 1, all kills are counted for points for that week. 

#16 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:02 PM

The Boss Monsters listed are the monsters that qualify for the event. You can kill them as many times as you want. As the goal of the event is to "beat the score" from the previous week, you'll probably want to contribute by killing them as many times as you can! The date range for each week is noted on the tier list. 

Everyone has the opportunity to kill the bosses as many times as they would like. You are limited only by dungeon lock outs and the time you would like to invest in killing bosses. 

#17 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

The Boss Monsters listed are the monsters that qualify for the event. You can kill them as many times as you want. As the goal of the event is to "beat the score" from the previous week, you'll probably want to contribute by killing them as many times as you can! The date range for each week is noted on the tier list. 

Everyone has the opportunity to kill the bosses as many times as they would like. You are limited only by dungeon lock outs and the time you would like to invest in killing bosses. 

so for 1st week's prize will be given after MT? or did we even hit the targeted point?  

#18 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

Week 1 Update!

8,630 points were earned in Week 1.

All tiers were unlocked!

The following items will be sent to your temporary storage during maintenance: 

3x Pump it up Hard Pill

3x Thief Potion

3x Master Battle Manual (1 day)

Norn’s Blessing (7 day)

Midgard’s Grace (7 day)

Midgard’s Gift

Week 2 begins as soon as servers are open. Remember, you have to beat the score of 8,630 this week, so get to killing! You must enter the event each week by killing at least one boss monster on the list. Entries reset each week. 

#19 Shigochan

Shigochan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

Week 1 Update!

8,630 points were earned in Week 1.

All tiers were unlocked!

The following items will be sent to your temporary storage during maintenance: 

3x Pump it up Hard Pill

3x Thief Potion

3x Master Battle Manual (1 day)

Norn’s Blessing (7 day)

Midgard’s Grace (7 day)

Midgard’s Gift

Week 2 begins as soon as servers are open. Remember, you have to beat the score of 8,630 this week, so get to killing! You must enter the event each week by killing at least one boss monster on the list. Entries reset each week. 

Killing serenia in easy mode didn't seem to act as participation entry. Please check. Thanks.

Edited by Shigochan, 08 August 2016 - 06:47 PM.

#20 LordLaLoX

LordLaLoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

I did it in easy mode and not counted  (kill serenia)

#21 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

Rewards for the Easy Mode Serenia killers will be sent tomorrow. Your kills counted toward the kill count, but you were misplaced by the Reward Squids during item distribution. Sorry for that!

#22 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:20 PM

if i missed last week's tier, ie didn't kill anything, i still can join it for week 2 tier?

#23 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:43 PM

if i missed last week's tier, ie didn't kill anything, i still can join it for week 2 tier?

Yes

#24 bonits04

bonits04

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:59 PM

do i need to get the quest or talk to npc before hunting bosses? or just kill bosses right away!?

if i kill the bosses, is there any note to know if im in? coz i killed drake and i didnt see any msg or note that my boss kill's count.

thank u

#25 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• 386 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:26 AM

There's no indication. The data of who murdered what is pulled up each maintenance and counted.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users