Need help finding a class efficient for mid-end game farming regardless of what's "fun". - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help finding a class efficient for mid-end game farming regardless of what's "fun".

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

From what I've read around the top 3 classes are Gene, GX and Rangers.

With around 5b budget worth of gears, which would have the most "efficient gameplay" for mid to end game farming or the best ways, instances, etc.-farming.

"Efficient gameplay" - easy and quick.

Would it be better to spread the budget into at least two of the three classes to cover up for certain class weaknesses (if there is).

From what I know, Genes are the most time consuming and highest maintenance due to Homun leveling and expensive consumables of bombs, etc. Has anyone calculated this against the usual consumables for GX and Rangers?

e.g. Gene consumables 50m/day with ~100m return vs GX/ranger 25m/day with ~80m returns.

Side question: I've also seen a GX that just spams Spell Breaker against Faceworm Queen. Is that the most efficient way to fight her? Seems boring but if that's the most "efficient" way then I'd probably enjoy that on more occasion than requiring plenty of hotkey management.

I'd really appreciate some help to let me focus a bit more on what to level since I really have the feeling of needing to know before I spend time on leveling then later may feel regretful and say "I should've probably leveled that first and used that class for farming more things efficiently."

Thanks.

Edited by tubers, 08 August 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Rk>gene>gx>ranger>etc

#3 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:58 PM

Rk>gene>gx>ranger>etc

Interesting. RK?

Would it be a DB build, Ash?

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:29 AM

Yea

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:30 AM

I recommend making at least 2 chars tho, as DB is not very effective against shadow/holy mobs, so until you are good geared doing those instances can be troublesome.

#6 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:07 AM

Depends on what you're planning on farming

If you're looking to farm anything and everything, Gene wins out in terms of pure versatility. But if you're only planning on farming a select few MVPs/Instances another class might be better.

#7 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:13 AM

Rk>gene>gx>ranger>etc

With around 5b budget worth of gears

...Yeah, that's not gonna be efficient.

Edited by Zayaan, 09 August 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:38 AM

Is enough for a 47% delay reduc setup with good damage

#9 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

Is enough for a 47% delay reduc setup with good damage

I don't think that would deal enough DPS for RK to be placed higher than Gene, or even GX.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

In DPS not, but the ease and minimal trouble there is to pvm with DB RK, almost non existent consumable expenses, ease to level, makes it a good choice.

#11 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:51 AM

Gx is best I think, u can farm almost all instances with your budget and a 165+ GX. I play gene and gx and for solo instances farming purposes gx beats gene.

Edit - Not sure what do you mean by mid-end game farming, I assumed instances/zeny.

Edited by MyNameIsTaken, 09 August 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#12 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

Side question: I've also seen a GX that just spams Spell Breaker against Faceworm Queen. Is that the most efficient way to fight her? Seems boring but if that's the most "efficient" way then I'd probably enjoy that on more occasion than requiring plenty of hotkey management.

Thanks.

Checkout my YouTube channel(link in signature) to see how you can kill faceworm without spell breaking.

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

debatable

#14 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

Thanks guys.

Gx is best I think, u can farm almost all instances with your budget and a 165+ GX. I play gene and gx and for solo instances farming purposes gx beats gene.

Edit - Not sure what do you mean by mid-end game farming, I assumed instances/zeny.

Thanks.

Damn you have megs. Any replacements for me? I only have around 5b budget and prefer not to rent or is renting worth it?

Also, what Macro were you using. Seems mandatory for GXes RC and Backslide.

I also saw you buffing yourself. I'm guessing those are expensive items. :(

I appreciate that you showed your armors and stats.

That certainly looks more manageable than going around and spell breaking from a GX vid that I saw since it seems i just have to macro RC in that vid of yours. Well, unless there are glitches involved for other classes that makes it much more easier compared to your GX vs. Faceworm vid.

#15 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

Thanks guys.

Thanks.

Damn you have megs. Any replacements for me? I only have around 5b budget and prefer not to rent or is renting worth it?

Also, what Macro were you using. Seems mandatory for GXes RC and Backslide.

I also saw you buffing yourself. I'm guessing those are expensive items. :(

I appreciate that you showed your armors and stats.

That certainly looks more manageable than going around and spell breaking from a GX vid that I saw since it seems i just have to macro RC in that vid of yours. Well, unless there are glitches involved for other classes that makes it much more easier compared to your GX vs. Faceworm vid.

https://youtu.be/CZohrz4IJzk Here's a video of me killing queen without Meg's. You don't really need Meg's but they really add a lot of dps, coz I have 120str. The buffs are not expensive, you can buy them in karta shop with kp or from other players. I only use buffs for faceworm because the faster you kill the better reward. Meg are def worth renting if you farm instances/et like I do. I rent 1 meg and I use it on 5-8 chars. But you better get core gear first before renting Meg's.

#16 SanSheZ

SanSheZ

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

Warlock.

#17 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

5 Bill is a good amount to start an ArchBishop with. I dont know why you need to do the hard work yourself, just get a slave to come help you slaughter everything while you stand at the back keeping them alive like you are Jesus.

#18 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

5 Bill is a good amount to start an ArchBishop with. I dont know why you need to do the hard work yourself, just get a slave to come help you slaughter everything while you stand at the back keeping them alive like you are Jesus.

Jesus. lol.

I don't have the confidence nor the skill to do support. I'd probably get depressed playing AB since I hear they get blamed a lot for a lot of stuff :(

I really like easy to play, supposedly op classes because I'm not a good gamer.

https://youtu.be/CZohrz4IJzk Here's a video of me killing queen without Meg's. You don't really need Meg's but they really add a lot of dps, coz I have 120str. The buffs are not expensive, you can buy them in karta shop with kp or from other players. I only use buffs for faceworm because the faster you kill the better reward. Meg are def worth renting if you farm instances/et like I do. I rent 1 meg and I use it on 5-8 chars. But you better get core gear first before renting Meg's.

WOW Didn't know megs gave out 40 str + 10% dmg to bosses.. and u have two of them. DELICIOUS!!!

GX sounds really tempting so far though I gotta look more into RKs as well.

If only homuns were quick and easy to level, I'd be really tempted to pursue a Gene :P If I'm not mistaken, one gives 200 ATK. Crazy. It'd probably run away though since I'm forgetful.

BTW, is it hard for Rangers to do Buwaya?

#19 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:13 AM

I dont know about rangers but Buwaya is the hardest instance I did/still do on a GX.

Edited by MyNameIsTaken, 11 August 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:17 AM

Coz reflect :v

#21 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:24 AM

GX sounds really tempting so far though I gotta look more into RKs as well.

BTW, is it hard for Rangers to do Buwaya?

DB RKs are terrible at farming profitable instances without at least 1 Kiel Card. While they can finish the instances, they will spend more supplies and won't be as fast as a Gene or GX.

I've never seen a Ranger solo Buwaya.

#22 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

Coz reflect :v

Well that too and lack of shield really hurts, his Waterball hits like a truck even with all water resist gear.
I do it now days with 2 KBCs, I don't know how I did it with just one KBC in my first video.

#23 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

Trust me if you want to farm instances I don't think any class beats GX, assuming no gods/mvps. GX can clear almost all instances with faster time and using least amount of consumables. At least I feel this way.

Also if you are confused what build to go as GX, RC build is very very instance friendly.

#24 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:23 PM

Trust me if you want to farm instances I don't think any class beats GX, assuming no gods/mvps. GX can clear almost all instances with faster time and using least amount of consumables. At least I feel this way.

Also if you are confused what build to go as GX, RC build is very very instance friendly.

Thats true, need not forget in terms of sjngle target ctrl+click they are unmatched due to EDP and causing DClaw wound

#25 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

Thanks. I'll think about it a bit more.

Nice to know that RC GX is instance friendly. Always assumed DD Crit was the way to go for late game.

Very loose but when i said mid-late game are the money making activities from about 125-175.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users