Corruption on the streets? Or simply incapable of earning? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Corruption on the streets? Or simply incapable of earning?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Zeromir

Zeromir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:50 AM

The money required to get anything (that's worth your zeny to begin with) is absurd. Prontera is loaded with rows upon rows of vendors, each one always having something to sell for exuberant prices. And I look upon these sales, and I ask myself, "How do these people have so much money to begin with, and why are people buying their products?". For example, there was someone with the shop name "70 PERCENT OFF", but their cheapest item was 24m zeny. All I want is to gear up alts, so I can possibly join in on the end-game and vending joys. I was told that the best way to level the Acolyte is get the gear. Simple! "Get the gear". Except, not simple, considering the gear is in the millions of zeny.

So, weird thing to ask about considering I've only just returned with the highest level character being a 71 assassin, but my question is, how the hell does everyone obtain so much money that fast, to the point where basic alts end up being overpowered later on? 

tl;dr Vendors have absurd prices, I'm dirt broke, and can't understand how everybody get's so much money and even obtains said gear that is being sold.

#2 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

https://forums.warpp...aking-zeny-wip/

https://forums.warpp...s-here-for-you/

you can't tell just from looking at someone how "fast" they got that zeny. many people have been here for years

#3 Zeromir

Zeromir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

https://forums.warpp...aking-zeny-wip/

https://forums.warpp...s-here-for-you/

you can't tell just from looking at someone how "fast" they got that zeny. many people have been here for years

You're right about the "telling if someone earned it quickly". I just came back, so, yeah. but thanks for the guides! These are gonna help a lot.

#4 pandapants

pandapants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

Also, keep an eye on events. Right now there's an event going on in brasilis that requires little to no effort to complete, and can reward you with costumes that sell for ~10m. The spooky Buckler daily quest can get you a costume that sells for 600m+, but you have to be really lucky for this one.

#5 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

this server is old, several years already. zeny already accumulated in the server, and it keeps circulated from people to people

Edited by fuyukikun, 14 August 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#6 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

The game is inherently flawed so inflation is god awful.

Good luck have fun

#7 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

To add onto what fuyukikun said, there are a lot of reasons why. The server is a combination of multiple servers merged together and those multiple servers (if still seperated) are each well over a decade old. Many players have been playing for a lonnnnnnnnggggggg time and have accumulated wealth over time. Because of the wealth disparity there is an income disparity.

It may be hard now to "get gears" and to some degree it should be a challenge. For example, the vast majority of players started with nothing and spent insaine amounts of time leveling their first couple of characters (turtles anybody?). It gets easier over time through setting realistic goals. HOWEVER, the grind shouldn't be as hard as it was when I first started because it will push people away very harshly. I think Eden gears help a bit with this, but beyond that there is quite the disparity. However, making good decisions and buying properly prioritized gear will help tremendously. I would reccomend asking here for gear selection help before investing zeny (usefulness, resale value, is it essential ect). I reccomend asking as many questions as possible to avoid wasting zeny aka time invested.

#8 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:00 AM

I followed Tofu guides on cat hands and reset stones till i made my first 10m. Then did Kiel Hyre on several chars, was difficult with a low lvl char + solo (didn't have friends back then).

I was using mostly Eden gears and was alternating between farming ice creams so that I could fund my own lvling.

Took a month or so before i could get a character to a decent level, and then start lvling other alternates. Then started dabbling in investment, thats a life saver. bought my first +9 FAW from doing that alone. But it really involves spending a lot of time, like hours and weeks to get there.

The starting route is definitely hard, but once you get past there, you'll be getting 5-10m a day (Once Hazy is an option), then 50-100m a day and maybe 300m-1b a day. 

Join your guild endless tower run, thats a definite stable 10-30m ish a week.

You know where to find me, pop by and we can talk.

#9 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

You can actually make a lot from nothing but magic (reset stones). Get vip, make all 9 characters, choose half that can solo low ti as 3rd class at least, or all if you just don't like support classes. You could possibly make 20m+ a day from just reset stones, while working on your labor force (characters). After you have 200-300m worth of gear on one of the characters, move up to mid ti and start looking into instances, both with and without parties. After that 1 or 2 main characters has 3-5b worth of gear, move up to high TI and stronger instances/leveling maps.

#10 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:57 AM

You can actually make a lot from nothing but magic (reset stones). Get vip, make all 9 characters, choose half that can solo low ti as 3rd class at least, or all if you just don't like support classes. You could possibly make 20m+ a day from just reset stones, while working on your labor force (characters). After you have 200-300m worth of gear on one of the characters, move up to mid ti and start looking into instances, both with and without parties. After that 1 or 2 main characters has 3-5b worth of gear, move up to high TI and stronger instances/leveling maps.

This method is not very effect, timewise. I tried doing it at my earlier levels, without great gears, and it was a real pain. Took, like 40 minutes per TI run, and quite a bit of money on consummables. It is something very doable, though, but I remember preferring to do the High Crystal quests, to have some burst in zeny every now and then. The prices were more favorable for advanced gears, though, specially the Enhanced Variant Shoes, which used to sell or 90-100 M, and it was possible to buy the base gear for 2-2.5 M. Nowadays maybe the prices make farming magic stones more attractive, though. Depending on the class, a good alternative for it is to do the Yellow/Red Novus BB, specially since it has no limits in the number of times that you can do it a day, but you'll have to resskill frequently to stay at level 99.

And if the prices are unfavorable, if you get lucky only a few times, you can turn the game. I remember finding an Aunoe Card in Mid TI a long time ago, that gave me the boost that I needed to buy my first FAW.

#11 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:59 AM

In my day I didnt even play this game, was busy working in a bakery.

#12 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:31 AM

Hi I'm new to iRO too,

I just started last september 2015, now I already got 2-4 billions zeny worth of equipments

I dont have any maxed level character yet and neither do I buy and resell WPE

All I were done thus far just snipe the low price stuffs in ragial and resell them to make profits.

Newbies should be grateful that there are still lots of generous player in iRO who often set up prices on their store with less zeroes intentionally and unintentionally especially since the vending capacity was increased from 99 Mio to 1 Bio :P

#13 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:58 AM

they ALL honestly accumulated zenny from hard over over the years you say *.......... i lol........literally...

i have  seen many people 1 week old on the server  with gears worth billions, some even told me their forbidden secrets....in the following post you will find the real answers:

https://forums.warpp...ganrok-amazing/

or mayb i answered it in another topic i made regarding this issue ( which was deleted ) i just noticed i have a few missing topics..hmm..

Edited by dagger47, 15 August 2016 - 07:04 AM.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

Follow those guides. If played smartly, of course, you'll make tons of zeny :p_devil: :p_ang:

:p_idea: :p_hi: Join iRO Chaos Market page on facebook for an ez'ier access to buyers and sellers in the Chaos market D:<

Edited by ChakriGuard, 15 August 2016 - 09:43 AM.

#15 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:50 AM

Well.. That's a western place.. 

Some people only spend 2 thousand dollars for month with KP. 

I don't do it, but I heard about that. Sometimes i sell an item with 20%~60% of discout because none bought it when It's in the normal price and  your electricity will be more expensive than sell that and buy more KP. Sometimes (most) I need a quickly money to buy a cheaper  gear that I dont have enough zenys. So I make  a fast vend before someone buy It.

There's a lot of players with 50~150b gears in one char....

#16 DanaAtkinson

DanaAtkinson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:12 AM

Took me 5 months to make 27B ish from 0z. I never farmed a single OCA. No MvP cards dropped either ( I think BB and HE gum are the biggest rip off). Sold few KPs that I got from 6 months sub to start, then use that zeny to trade all day long. It felt like a job, so I am kind of burned out and retired for now.  I mostly made zeny from players who had no idea what the market value is on particular items, but it is work to keep tracking the market every day.  Connect my vendor through virtual private server so I can remote desktop in and manage the store. Use script to auto check ragial and alert me if my store disconnected. I must say that new players are easy prey. You'd be amazed how low they are willing to sell. It's often a 300-500m profit for me. You can use script to autocheck ragial every few minutes for cheap stuff as well. Sometimes new players are selling treasure for pennies like a Kafra Blossom Card for 500k instead of 500m. That's an instant 500m profit. 

I personally don't think this game is intended for players to be this powerful. Once you have all those very expensive gears, the game becomes extremely shallow and boring. I think a good spot is probably around 1B-2B worth of gears. Those +12 gears are overkill. You will be fine doing any content in this game with just +9 with modest cards / gear then utilize teamwork, strategy, and skills to overcome the challenge with exception of  WoE, which is really an arm race, and it's not worth striving for anymore in my opinion at least in this server. You probably looking around 30-40m worth of equipment to be an effective damage dealer with an equal footing to others. 

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:39 AM

^ wow, i played for 3 years, and my total wealth is only about 14-15b. nice for sharing, zeny guru.

Edited by fuyukikun, 16 August 2016 - 03:40 AM.

#18 kramPIE

kramPIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:43 AM

So, weird thing to ask about considering I've only just returned with the highest level character being a 71 assassin, but my question is, how the hell does everyone obtain so much money that fast, to the point where basic alts end up being overpowered later on? 

You can obtain money by:

- Use real life money to buy wpe then resell

- Doing some instances ( ET, Hazy, ogh and etc.)

- Doing events

- Loot every piece of drops then sell

- LUCK

- Buy and Sell

- Turn ins

But how fast you will earn zeny depends on how dedicated and lucky you are

Just to share and not to brag i earn 10-30m per day by soloing Old glast heim and hazy forest

I started from scratch last year and i spend some WPE to fund my levelling till i can solo instances( hazy forest and ogh)

#19 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:54 AM

Took me 5 months to make 27B ish from 0z. I never farmed a single OCA. No MvP cards dropped either ( I think BB and HE gum are the biggest rip off). Sold few KPs that I got from 6 months sub to start, then use that zeny to trade all day long. It felt like a job, so I am kind of burned out and retired for now.  I mostly made zeny from players who had no idea what the market value is on particular items, but it is work to keep tracking the market every day.  Connect my vendor through virtual private server so I can remote desktop in and manage the store. Use script to auto check ragial and alert me if my store disconnected. I must say that new players are easy prey. You'd be amazed how low they are willing to sell. It's often a 300-500m profit for me. You can use script to autocheck ragial every few minutes for cheap stuff as well. Sometimes new players are selling treasure for pennies like a Kafra Blossom Card for 500k instead of 500m. That's an instant 500m profit. 

I personally don't think this game is intended for players to be this powerful. Once you have all those very expensive gears, the game becomes extremely shallow and boring. I think a good spot is probably around 1B-2B worth of gears. Those +12 gears are overkill. You will be fine doing any content in this game with just +9 with modest cards / gear then utilize teamwork, strategy, and skills to overcome the challenge with exception of  WoE, which is really an arm race, and it's not worth striving for anymore in my opinion at least in this server. You probably looking around 30-40m worth of equipment to be an effective damage dealer with an equal footing to others. 

This isn't reliable for everyone, as the more people do it, the far less there is to be made.

I really hope no one takes the advice to stop gears at 1-2b lol, those are the ones that piss me off in Bio. Definitely no where near equal footing, and if you have the funds but don't invest, it is being selfish to others in the party that survive extremely well, deal great damage, or have amazing heals/cast speeds.

Edited by MrBrainFreeze, 16 August 2016 - 03:56 AM.

#20 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

this one know his stuff, kudos. 

Edited by folkvangr, 16 August 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#21 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

^ wow, i played for 3 years, and my total wealth is only about 14-15b. nice for sharing, zeny guru.

I am not far in front, I've been around since day 1 of renewal and my total equity is only 16b :/

#22 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

We need everyones assets to be audited to provide actual proof. :p_smile:

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:29 AM

Too many gears, lazy :v

#24 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:30 AM

brainfreeze, are you working for FBI?

Edited by fuyukikun, 16 August 2016 - 05:31 AM.

#25 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:30 AM

On a different note I am currently reading a webtoon called 'A world I rule'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users