Classic Maintenance 8-18-2016 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Maintenance 8-18-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

Events
Summer Sports Festa leaves
Anniversary event leaves
All characters located on Brasilis maps have been relocated to Prontera

Talk Like a Pirate Day quest arrives
Spooky Machine gains some pet tame rewards

Kafra Shop
Granny Boxter list update next week!

WoE
Valfreya 4 receives Econ/Defense increase to so that it make be broken twice without penalty next WoE 2.

Item Update
Zaha Doll Hat can now be placed into storage.

#2 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:02 PM

i know its prolly still early, i think camp was doing an inventory for hats, but any word on your decision for the pvp rewards? i like new hats, lol.

#3 Hoaxmaster

Hoaxmaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

can we get a sweep on got items,mvp & mini boss cards pls. This would help me answer a lot of my guild mates questions if we had a way to see this info somehow. i also think personally other people in the iro community would like to know as well, especially the newer groups of players.

#4 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

Do I have to say it

#5 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:46 AM

What about the Lunatic Hat? *insert Kappa face*

And yeah would be nice to finally see some development regarding the surplus of the God Items, MVP cards and whatnot. 

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Which TLAPD quest are we getting? (inb4 link to wrong irowiki article)

Also, Lunatic Hat cpZqZdR.png

Edited by Xellie, 17 August 2016 - 01:37 AM.

#7 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

so this is what we coming back into now? lame maintenance threads that only showcase how little interest and effort the staff team shows for this server. < fact

what happened to flag style BG plans ?

Edited by TheLeafs, 17 August 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:57 AM

To be fair they are putting 15.2 on renewal this week.

So according to the GM team I'm now the sole representative for an issue that affected 80+ people, whilst they are fobbing me off because the involved staff member probably thinks I'm an assassin IRL too and ran far, far away.  But if everyone is going to be told that only I can speak on their behalf, do the right thing and actually speak to me. Thanks!

I will be saying more about this incident after I've eaten and it will be here as the ticket avenue has been exhausted. Since I am talking on behalf of many people it is only right that it is public and they see what is said in their defense.

When I do so, I ask for no trolling from the affected party. This isn't a comfortable nor easy place for me to be and I'm sorry if "The Ragnarok Team" don't want to go down this avenue either and are busy with 15.2 - if you think that any of this is acceptable... It's really not.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

*snip*

Edited by Campitor, 17 August 2016 - 12:12 PM.

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

*snip*

I have saved the post elsewhere so that others will have the chance to read it in due time. But there are two things I will point out.

1. This must be resolved with the GM team either via ticket or PM. Posting it here is entirely inappropriate. If you want an answer you must wait for the GM team.
2. This will only lead to drama. I urge you to reconsider the post.

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

i know its prolly still early, i think camp was doing an inventory for hats, but any word on your decision for the pvp rewards? i like new hats, lol.

I believe it was going to be a Cat Bear Beret without stats or slots.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

I have saved the post elsewhere so that others will have the chance to read it in due time. But there are two things I will point out.

1. This must be resolved with the GM team either via ticket or PM. Posting it here is entirely inappropriate. If you want an answer you must wait for the GM team.

Tickets have been exhausted. I would like to ask you is it particularly inviting to PM someone who has told their staff to reply with the following in order to shut down further communication?

I have talked to Warnhal about your request and unfortunately, the decision is final. Ragnarok Team has deliberated and reviewed this incident.

I was not rude in any definition of the word and I am representing an entire alliance here. I may also have included a nod at the possibility it was unfair to "the other side"

As a single player/person I am not really inclined to feel that I should be solely responsible in these regards, not to mention the effects that previous events have had in terms of having affect on the ability to be a well-adjusted player.

This is a community issue, that is why I felt this venue was appropriate.  It's also sort of time sensitive, is it not? I clearly expressed concerns about PMs/other contact being ignored.

#13 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

Tickets have been exhausted. I would like to ask you is it particularly inviting to PM someone who has told their staff to reply with the following in order to shut down further communication?

I was not rude in any definition of the word and I am representing an entire alliance here. I may also have included a nod at the possibility it was unfair to "the other side"

As a single player/person I am not really inclined to feel that I should be solely responsible in these regards, not to mention the effects that previous events have had in terms of having affect on the ability to be a well-adjusted player.

This is a community issue, that is why I felt this venue was appropriate.  It's also sort of time sensitive, is it not? I clearly expressed concerns about PMs/other contact being ignored.

Warnhal reports that there are no PMs from the Xellie account.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

If you could reference my previous post again as to why that may be...

Additionally: nothing stopped Warnhal from replying to my tickets. Especially since Maria claims to have consulted with him about it.

Edited by Xellie, 17 August 2016 - 12:33 PM.

#15 Giafone

Giafone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

u should take ur time to fix the trouble camp it has been completely unfair the way it is....

not only costing a guild the castle and let other ppl get away with abuse they known it exist/what it does is just lamefrom gm team but what to expect ... enemy guild seem to have support anyway all the time, what u have to pay for it ;(

#16 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

The GM team decision will not be reversed. Due to the abuse of the crash bug from both alliances the GM team will continue to hold the castle. If a guild wishes to seize it they may do so during WoE.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

There will be no further communication from me.

#18 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

The GM team decision will not be reversed. Due to the abuse of the crash bug from both alliances the GM team will continue to hold the castle. If a guild wishes to seize it they may do so during WoE.

The Valhalla alliance has not used that bug during WoE. It was used after WoE to confirm its effect. If you're too lazy/too biased to change the current situation then you might as well just flat out say so instead of hiding your decision behind cute words. *facepalm*

#19 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

Things they do cos they are afraid being called "biased" by the other side. They'd rather make it look fair eventho it isn't just so Valhalla gets punished as well cos hurr durr to avoid gossip that they are favoring Xellie even if it's just so happened that someone from the other side used the bug against Xellie's guild. So much for lecturing not doing "an eye for an eye", huh?

What if it happened to other alliances... Wonder if they do the same... Oh wait what other alliances..

#20 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

wouldnt it make more sense to just ban xellie for 3 days but leave the castle with its last owners? atm all it does is piss off a bunch of people that really had nothing to do with her offence and as you can tell by her stream and previous streams it was extremely unlikely theyd lose the castle

#21 Seelen

Seelen

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:31 PM

I mostly lurk but just now I saw something that inflamed me, perhaps that was the intention. In any case I am not feeling well and perhaps the person who wrote this inflamed words just happened to have a bad day too.

But:

May I ask you to rephrase this please?

It is really improper the way you are stating the culpability of the involved parties in a not so factual way that seem to give a biased outlook from you.

Lets stick to the facts I saw from the videos:

1) Without taking sides or shooting names and guilty stares, I can clearly see that one guild happened to have several problems in disconnections and the constant happening and the presence of one or two of the "enemies" in their castle suggested perhaps an intention to cause those problems, I wont argue with the decision you made regarding this, just stating what I saw.

And that is that: one alliance, the one who in the end got the castle benefited from such problems and without those disconnections woulndt have gotten the castle (probably but around 70% no win for them)

2)Not in the single times during WoE do we see the other alliance managing to "create" this DCing problems for the enemies.

3)Once Woe was over, the affected alliance, no that they have lost their castle, decided to try to find out how it was done, so to inform the GM and find a fix (which they did) I was in pront and got a DC from that... and that is all. I was explained how it was done and that all this pointed to more evidence and tehy went to tell the GM of the problem (glitch) they found.

So as you can see, your statement while not enterily untrue its ill worded, communications should be a priority... clear communication, please.

As a final comment from me: In ym old work I used to had this boss lady who was... egh well not so good in several stuff and manners and well... that. She often asked us to do stuff and claimed it was "THE PROPER WAY" thats how things are done in an office... I tried to tell her that no, things arent done that way (how should I know... after all im the one who organized her whole administration system) but that since she was the boss (owner) if she wanted to say: DO IT THAT WAY BECAUSE I SAID SO, we would do so.

So I understand GM and staff are the owners here.

Edited by Seelen, 17 August 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#22 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

Both alliances? It was exploited during WoE by one alliance and "exploited" by Xellie outside of WoE with no harm during tests to find out the skill sequence that was causing crashes, it's up to you if you wanna call that exploit

#23 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

I will send a ticket when you will have the ability to actually solve the ticket. Otherwise the ticketing system in this game is useless. no matter how many proofs we provide of bug abuse/cheating, as long as some players hold you tight under their grasp there is nothing that can be done.

#24 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

I probably wasn't present at that time. I only know that the bug was tested after WoE to figure out what happened and how it worked. And that still doesn't solve the issue. A fort was lost due to a bug. An invest fort at that. There's dozen of people involved and hurt in this matter, whereas whatever was done in Al De Baran did not "hurt" anyone except causing them to disconnect once.

If you honestly think a huge amount of people should be punished because of that then you must be quite delusional and it doesn't seem that you grasp how justice works. It's like comparing murder to a person getting slapped. It doesn't work that way.

I've always stood between two sides. I'm capable of being neutral in this matter despite playing on one of both sides. I think both sides can be pretty childish and toxic at times and this will probably never change. However, the way you treat this matter is definitely wrong and sends out the wrong message just not towards us but towards everyone playing on the server. If you go through with this you're pretty much saying: Nothing what you do in WoE matters. Someone can just take your work, your invest, away by abusing a bug and you're just screwed if it happens.

I still have a small hope that you come to your senses because I am not going to keep playing on this excuse for a server if you go through with this. I really wanted to make this server better, I even asked Oda about creating events for it and providing the rewards myself, but all of that is for naught if you can't even offer the very basis of what a server should be like and how it should be managed.

I'm actually starting to be reminded of what aRo was like. That's how bad it is.

#25 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

Unfortunately the GM team is only able to work with what evidence is provided to them. If you have new evidence that you feel should change the outcome of the decision please let us know via PM or ticket (Or both). We do not enjoy delivering bad news and would like to ask that this thread please focus on the upcoming maintenance.
If the Valhalla Alliance members truly and honestly believe that the response I have forwarded from the GM team is completely incorrect. You may attempt an appeal via the contact list found here: https://forums.warpp...d/#entry2423849

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users