Classic Maintenance 8-18-2016 - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Maintenance 8-18-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#51 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

Fair would have been to reset the castle to pre-WoE status as has been the precedent set when such glitches or bugs have happened in the past.  

^

Someone get's it.

#52 AngrySam

AngrySam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

Since when were two punishments issued to single players for the same offence anyway? Is this some kind of new rule?

#53 Mosyen

Mosyen

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

Unbind the Radio Antenna please

#54 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:06 PM

Re0hUZ5.gif

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

If you guys could just stop, that would be fantastic.

The truth is, they banned my account for 3 days, which whilst annoying is the correct thing to do at a pinch.

The have changed their story from "We can't tell who would have held the castle" to "It was determined to be held by the GM team as a punishment for one side using it to break the castle and one player from the other side using the exploit in town."

Whilst I recognize that this is super unfair to the defending alliance - It is clear that they have other reasons, be it to lessen the blow to the "other side" or that they feel doing something in town is proportionally worse than destroying attempts at fair competition, the fault lays with me and me alone for not realizing they could perceive it that way.

I had a lot of fun working with ROKA, Dawn of the Autocrat, Rampage and especially Valhalla. That German guild that's been up and coming you guys are awesome and is where the future lays with this server. I will distribute the asprikas that I have remaining among the alliance and with other small guilds to make good on trades to their benefit (HOV you're gonna get an extra asprika or two!)

But

I will no longer lead on this server. I'm clearly not fit to be doing so and to continue onward would be to deny taking any responsibility for the loss of the alliance as a whole.

Good luck little guilds, may the odds ever be in your favour. Don't send hate mail at the GMs, send it to my PM box here. It is my fault not theirs.

Sorry once more and good luck.

#56 coerce1991

coerce1991

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:iRO Restart

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:42 PM

What is talk like a pirate day quest? YARRR?! XD

#57 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

Is there a list of what granny boxter will be taking?

#58 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

........ add shark hat to boxter .... and wickebine ears... and hunter cap and .... hm...

#59 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

subject aura to boxter?

#60 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

Per request this topic is getting locked till tomorrow morning. Updates to patch notes will come.
It has been a stressful evening for everyone, let's call it a day.

#61 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:51 AM

Is there a list of what granny boxter will be taking?

The Granny boxter update next week isn't set in stone yet. but we'll be adding items to her list from the new box, at least. 

#62 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

The Granny boxter update next week isn't set in stone yet. but we'll be adding items to her list from the new box, at least. 

surprise surprise !

#63 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

I believe it was going to be a Cat Bear Beret without stats or slots.

any chance on it getting the effect every beret has?

• Reduces damage received from [Demi-Human] race by 10%. 

im fairly sure everyone who participated owns at least a stock beret, it would be a fun alternative to equip.

also can we pls have greed scrolls added to grany boxtoer, AND MADE VEND-ABLE PLEASE.

Zaha Doll Hat is still not able to be stored in kafra... can we fix this? im getting sick of it ALWAYS being on my farming assassin.

it has also come to my attention that we are running out of hat slots on classic... is this true? or am i mistaken? if that is the case we might want to consider a discussion thread for effects of the last hand full. (ancient horns for example) or we could add effects (just fun little ones) to existing hats without stats / effects.(zarah doll hat, antler fidora, duneyrr hat for examples)  it's really sad when there are great looking hats that literally do nothing at all.

Edited by lxst, 18 August 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#64 Jacvier23

Jacvier23

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

also can we pls have greed scrolls added to grany boxtoer, AND MADE VEND-ABLE PLEASE.

+1 to this please!

Greed Scrolls to Granny Boxter, and please make them Tradeable!

Edited by Jacvier23, 18 August 2016 - 10:34 AM.

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

Please ask warnhal to check his PMs.

Also I heard some crap went down - I'm getting the abridged version now. I just woke up, please don't message me with threats or accusations about putting people up to it. I already told campitor that the community outlook on this whole affair was going to be too stressful and I don't even know how I'm still logged into skype tbh. I had nothing to do with this.

Edited by Xellie, 18 August 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#66 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

the usual scenario:

something goes wrong with server > person 1 reports the problem > staff: "nothing we can do sry bye thx" > person 1 gets angry and lashes a torrent of notorious well deserved anger at staff > rest of server reacts > staff: "person 1 we blame you for all this kay bye thx" > somone (to avoid "callouts") locks the thread.

Edited by TheLeafs, 18 August 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

No yoshy, I haven't the energy to be angry this time... people around me have and apparently that's my fault.

#68 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:22 PM

It's all your fault xelliepie. :P

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

It's all your fault xelliepie. :P

It really is tho, from classic being terrible to renewal people not wanting to play classic it seems like the staff also think I radiate this aura of mind control upon the people around me causing them to become problematic (which is probably the most gender biased crap I've ever heard flung at me in all my time gaming) and then when people do speak up or complain in an unacceptable way or even at all they either hold me responsible or they tell those people to stuff and have me speak on their behalf (rather than telling them to stfu and learn to communicate like a reasonable human being) and now that sort of almighty influence and responsibility is being pushed on me again and i really just can't deal with it anymore. castle no castle exploit no exploit i don't care.

They shouldn't be telling people not to post and to have me speak on my behalf when they're not even in my guild, or you know holding me as much responsible for renewal people not liking classic and the way it's managed or finally finding something that could done screwed up the server at least this time they can actually say it's my fault I suppose.

thats why im not on ts or anything for the last couple of days, cause even though they gone and done messed everyone over, if anyone expresses their derision that's my influence or something - i'm not a moderator and im not the borg queen or anything. They're forever thrusting the blame of their own bad decisions on me that ends up my fault simply through playing - god items being too easy or them taking only 3 minutes from ticket reading to banning and now they're pushing even more of it with giving people a genuine reason to be upset at an unfair and unreasonable ruling and blaming it on something i did IN TOWN. All the while they're telling people stuff like "Your guild leader has a voice and they can use it." like can't you just tell this person to be less agro or something? Why is this my responsibility? why is any of it my fault? If my guildies don't like something in the game they don't always tell me, hell people have sh!tposted all over the place on accounts and then I've been confronted not even knowing who they are ingame or that the person in question even had a problem! Like wtf! I enjoy playing this game and sure maybe people think I'm a bit of an attention seeker but I'm not really comfortable with so much being piled on an expected of me and the difference in treatment because of bias-trolling is absurd.

Im sorry if this is a bit mimimimi or dramatic, but its just another stick on the pile here and even without the castle issue things had been getting stupid. Three avenues of contact and TOLD to use all three. changing the reasons after the logical flaw was pointed out, threatening me saying oh  either take on the job of being the sole representative for this issue and deal with all the angry/unhappy players for us (becasue if they post anything that's your doing you troublemaker!) or get called out publicly for being the reason the decision was taken after the story changed.

sorry none of that works for me - i tried nothing but to be reasonable and all I got was threatened and pushed into a pariah role.

#70 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

Ohh you guys

#71 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

Ya so any update on kvm you received a proposal with a rough guideline on implementing it jan 3 2015 is this even on the table or one of those sweep under the rug

#72 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

It really is tho, from classic being terrible to renewal people not wanting to play classic it seems like the staff also think I radiate this aura of mind control upon the people around me causing them to become problematic (which is probably the most gender biased crap I've ever heard flung at me in all my time gaming) and then when people do speak up or complain in an unacceptable way or even at all they either hold me responsible or they tell those people to stuff and have me speak on their behalf (rather than telling them to stfu and learn to communicate like a reasonable human being) and now that sort of almighty influence and responsibility is being pushed on me again and i really just can't deal with it anymore. castle no castle exploit no exploit i don't care.

They shouldn't be telling people not to post and to have me speak on my behalf when they're not even in my guild, or you know holding me as much responsible for renewal people not liking classic and the way it's managed or finally finding something that could done screwed up the server at least this time they can actually say it's my fault I suppose.

thats why im not on ts or anything for the last couple of days, cause even though they gone and done messed everyone over, if anyone expresses their derision that's my influence or something - i'm not a moderator and im not the borg queen or anything. They're forever thrusting the blame of their own bad decisions on me that ends up my fault simply through playing - god items being too easy or them taking only 3 minutes from ticket reading to banning and now they're pushing even more of it with giving people a genuine reason to be upset at an unfair and unreasonable ruling and blaming it on something i did IN TOWN. All the while they're telling people stuff like "Your guild leader has a voice and they can use it." like can't you just tell this person to be less agro or something? Why is this my responsibility? why is any of it my fault? If my guildies don't like something in the game they don't always tell me, hell people have sh!tposted all over the place on accounts and then I've been confronted not even knowing who they are ingame or that the person in question even had a problem! Like wtf! I enjoy playing this game and sure maybe people think I'm a bit of an attention seeker but I'm not really comfortable with so much being piled on an expected of me and the difference in treatment because of bias-trolling is absurd.

Im sorry if this is a bit mimimimi or dramatic, but its just another stick on the pile here and even without the castle issue things had been getting stupid. Three avenues of contact and TOLD to use all three. changing the reasons after the logical flaw was pointed out, threatening me saying oh  either take on the job of being the sole representative for this issue and deal with all the angry/unhappy players for us (becasue if they post anything that's your doing you troublemaker!) or get called out publicly for being the reason the decision was taken after the story changed.

sorry none of that works for me - i tried nothing but to be reasonable and all I got was threatened and pushed into a pariah role.

I'm pretty sure people are mature enough to express their opinion on their own. I'm gonna repeat myself but going through with the current decision is the peak of incompetency and the opposite of fair play and sportsmanship.

If there's a wrong decision and/or an irregular goal/score during sports you are able to dispute and negate it. Even soccer has come a long way and is slowly starting to implement the means to ensure fair play.

You have the means to restore the castle to its old state. You have the means to provide the fair play people are looking for, yet you choose to not provide it. Ask yourself: Do you feel your decision is really fair? Take some time and think about it.

Regards

Edited by lyndel84, 18 August 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#73 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

Events
Summer Sports Festa leaves
Anniversary event leaves

Talk Like a Pirate Day quest arrives
Spooky Machine gains some pet tame rewards

Kafra Shop
Granny Boxter list update next week!

WoE
Valfreya 4 receives Econ/Defense increase to so that it make be broken twice without penalty next WoE 2.

This is not solving the issue but might instead make it even worse if the wrong alliance manages to snap it away. There is no middleground here. You either negate the WoE or you pretty much go with your current plan and give the middle finger to fair play.

#74 KuraBomb

KuraBomb

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAurora
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

This is not solving the issue but might instead make it even worse if the wrong alliance manages to snap it away. There is no middleground here. You either negate the WoE or you pretty much go with your current plan and give the middle finger to fair play.

LOL @ wrong alliance.

Earn it.

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

LOL @ wrong alliance.

Earn it.

We already did, how about you earn it without exploits and relying on the GMs to hand you a lucky break?

I'd like to note that it only broke the previous week because we were DCed by the same guy. This seems to be overlooked by the staff.

Warnhal hasn't read my PM yet.

All we want is the chance to defend our econ fairly. Hell turn off the treasure/okolnir NPCs till thurs. Just make sure that the woe can be replayed as it should.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users