Best cost benefit class for starting - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best cost benefit class for starting

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PoisonPlush

PoisonPlush

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

So, i'm new on all this stuff and i want to know which classes are best for starting from the ground that would help me make some money, and perhaps some items, to fund my future characters and account in general. I plan on playing solo and mainly (and probably only) pve and mvp.

Edited by PoisonPlush, 20 August 2016 - 10:11 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

Guillotine Cross

#3 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:40 AM

I think hybrid Ranger since White Wing Set and Elven Bow (12m to 15m total or less) gives massive damage boost for such a low priced set of equips.

Hybrid Ranger perhaps, specially if truly starting from nothing as it can give decent bang per buck in terms of stat usage (the higher the stats the more stat points it requires; diminishing returns).

You can also spam Ankle Snare/traps to save some pots and also able to kite enemies as a Hunter/Sniper/preRanger.

It can also be way faster to level because of Arrow Storm (Ranger) and Arrow Shower (Archer). These are AoE Skills.

I think you really have to make a GX along or after the Ranger, then Gene if you'd like do all MVPs/instances.

GXes are great as they seem to later require less consumables and they have very good sustain and damage with only plus 7 or 9 gears.

Save up for Ride Word Hat and Heroic Back Pack very early on for the GX.

Maybe:

1. WWSet/ Elven Bow and Elven Arrows.

2. RWH

3. Malicious Set (saves Pots, great share between Ranger and GX for normal leveling)

4. HPB

RWH gives HP and SP leech and can also be used for Ranger. HBP will be used for Greeding (AOE looting) and works well with GX but not for Arrow Storm leveling for Ranger but hey you can start practicing switching gears asap.

GX first since it's cheaper to gear than Gene for most usage; pvm, mini boss, mvps etc.

Genes can require quite some consumables for later on.

EDIT: Come to think of it. Rangers might be an issue for picking up items as Thief/GX have higher weight limit and built with STR (gives weight bonus). Rangers typically also flywing immediately after Arrow Storming to save some Pots and time so not always looting.

Might not be much of an issue once you hit your Ranger at 125 then stay in Mid TI since that gives a lot of decent stuff to farm and youll probably have enough damage to just use an HBP (break the WWS bonus) but able to Greed.

Low max weight as Ranger might not be too much of an issue for Mid TI farming as you can just BWing/reconnect and storage quickly then go back to farming in Mid TI.

Edited by tubers, 20 August 2016 - 11:52 AM.

#4 Khaioz

Khaioz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

GX or Ranger
But I prefer GX though because GXes are more tanky and can leech hp/sp better compared to ranger (at least that's what I have experienced before)

#5 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Arch Bishop. Dont go killing yourself, watch someone else do it, and learn from their mistakes. 

#6 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:49 PM

Arch Bishop for me (but you need to someone to lead you before you become priest or high priest tho). Eden equipment is enough for AB to do their job and earn money from TI. AB is high demand job that every party need one.

#7 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:23 AM

Ranger!

Starting out damage is depending on agi and dex, since you need time to get agi up to dodge and you can snipe from ledges and kill monsters before they reach you, can just pump dex to increase damage amount at the beginning. also eden gear is gonna help you a lot, and you can have elemental arrows as well.

for Gx damage is str agi dex dependant. Again, you need time to get agi up to dodge, and if you pump str and have no vit you are gonna need to pot which is gonna cost you starting zeny as well.

#8 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:00 AM

Why no one mention Shadow Chaser?

My First Starter Class in iRO was a Shadow Chaser.

Basically you can earn extra loots from monsters by utilizing snatch skills for extra zeny which I found very helpful for starting player :p_love:

Ability to copy almost every other class skills from 1st, 2nd, 3rd and expanded classes with Plagiarism and Reproduce and adapt to various situation.

You can have flexible builds, dagger, sword, bow or spellcaster builds or even a hybrid one who can do anything.

It's Jack of All Trades and I'm sure this class will be worth of your time :p_laugh:

#9 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

Ranger for easy time soloing/farming with minimal funds.

Use ranger to farm up zeny for your GX equips and pewpew away.

AB if you have masochistic tendencies.

Wonder why I went the opposite way (AB->GX->ranger) lel...

#10 FreedomXX

FreedomXX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:20 AM

Ranger for sure. GX can get really expensive late game. Since you are just making your first character, Ranger is easy to level, easy to party, fast killer. 

#11 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:20 AM

ranger.. because u need (at lvl 100) some KKK oor $€$€£ to get  some gears for GX like thanatos katar... Best ever is ranger.. AB is easy to get party, but not to make money like you can do with a killer.
Don't hear these ppls.. they only want
free buffs from you <3

#12 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

ranger.. because u need (at lvl 100) some KKK oor $€$€£ to get  some gears for GX like thanatos katar... Best ever is ranger.. AB is easy to get party, but not to make money like you can do with a killer.
Don't hear these ppls.. they only want
free buffs from you <3

You can farm your own Thana katar tho. And you can sell Reset stones if you do TIs on your AB so idk man.

One issue with ranger could be weight capacity, even with the heavy lifter if you pick up most of the loots you get fat fast so unless you got an Incubus pet/sp leech gears you're kinda screwed. GX doesn't have this problem that much since cheap skills and usually 80+ STR builds. A RWH will do wonders for both classes.

#13 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

Gx...

#14 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:56 AM

You can farm reset stones..
1st u need to be a VIP

2nd You need to spend with your gears

3rd You can make money with a killer. Thats the way... Dont be dependent...

Edited by HeresNatan, 24 August 2016 - 04:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users