• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CykoN

CykoN

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

Ok, just to let everyone know iv been looking for a dam guide for katar hawkers a while now. Since the updates iv been scared to follow guides because they may be outdated.

Questions:
What skills do i need ? (im gonna PVP and UW alot)
What stat build should i use?
What Jems/Equips should i use?

PLEASE ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS, i want to leave this forum KNOWING everything i need to know, because iv been looking for sooo many guides and iv found none. so please try to make this topic/guide/forum w.e its called useful to all the confused hawkers and raiders out there. *Im still pretty noob try explaining a little more then usual thanks* :D

Edited by CykoN, 06 December 2010 - 07:17 AM.

#2 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:28 AM

Instead of typing an essay for you, here's some threads which can hopefully give you some insight:
Stats
Skills
Equips

#3 CykoN

CykoN

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Thanks this really helped.
these are the skills im planning to get.

Common Tree
Combat Mastery Lv 9
Quick Reflexes Lv 9
Second Sight Lv 1
Sprint Lv 5
Rapid Twitch Lv 5
TOTAL : 29 Skill points

Melee Tree
Knuckle Mastery Lv 18
Focused Impact Lv 9
Katar Mastery Lv 9
Blind Lv 4
Stealth Lv 4
Poison Knife Lv 9
Venom Knife Lv 5
Flame Hawk *prerequisite*
TOTAL : 58 Skill points + Flame hawk prerequisite*

- not shure -
Dual Weapon Mastery Lv 9
Mirror Phantasm Lv 4
Katar Upper

Raider Tree
Combat Weapon Mastery Lv 18
Plasma Falcon Lv 4
Advanced Katar Mastery Lv 9
Mystic Knife Lv 4
Precision Slash Lv 9
Crazy Style Slash Lv 9
Screw Attack Lv 4
Cloaking Lv 4
Vicious Accordance Lv 4
Sucker Punch Lv 1 ?
TOTAL : 66 Skill points

I would like your insights and tweaks if u could, also i dont mind giving up any skills that arnt used in pvp or used alot. Thank you. almost forgot do i have enough sp ? annnd im also making a full support cleric so any hawker/raider buffs that arnt better then cleric i really dont need.

Edited by CykoN, 07 December 2010 - 11:39 AM.

#4 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

i want to leave this forum KNOWING everything i need to know

Can't do that on the forums since you can't play the game on the forums.

With the information you have given us, velocity accordance and hawker accordance would be of no use to you. They are both not better than the cleric attack speed buff.

If you feel you need the extra dodge from mirror phantasm (best long duration dodge buff that isn't IM), then you should get it.
Pretty sure katar upper is a prerequisite skill that you are forced to get.
If you want plasma falcon, you will be forced to learn flame hawk since it is the prerequisite.
Blind is unnecessary and most katar raiders don't use it anymore.

Critical accordance is not needed, I recommend cutting it out of your build.

The rest is fine. I don't know if you can fit everything into your build, I'm not going to do the math for you. If you want mirror phantasm or anything from the dual tree, you will have to make sacrifices for sure. Check the link in my signature for how the skill trees are laid out.

Note: katar raiders can make use of precision assault as well, if you can fit it into your build.
Note2: you don't need to max sucker punch. There is little benefit from maxing it.
Note3: you will pick up pheonix slash on your way to learning sucker punch. Make sure you use this skill, it is one of your most important ones.

Edited by BrownBear, 06 December 2010 - 04:20 PM.

#5 CykoN

CykoN

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

forgot some stuff, if i get precision aussult should i max it, and if you guys know any skills that wont be used at end game can u please list them *because i dont wanna use them after reskill cuz im gonna go straight to UW and pvp*. thank you, ooh and Bear do u know how much sp we get at lvl 215 if u gave me that number im very willing to calculate everything thanks.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey thanks for your help, i feel very confident in my skills now, i know i wont make the prefect skill build but it'll be to my liking, im gonna probably use a reskill at lvl 215 to go all out pvp, and uw. By then i should have a real grasp of the skills that are useful for raiders and understand more about the play styl of a raider. id like to thank everyone who helped it really did make a big impact thanks. : )

Edited by CykoN, 06 December 2010 - 06:46 PM.

#6 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

You get 1 SP per level starting at level 10. So you should have 206 SP at level 215.

I mentioned the skills to avoid in my previous post. Don't think I left anything out. The rest comes down to what you want and what you think you can leave out. Most of the skills available to raiders are pretty useful in some way.

Maxing precision assault comes down to how much SP you have left, which will be determined by how much you want to leave out. It will take quite a lot of SP to max that skill though, so it will require a lot of sacrifice. It takes 18 SP just to max it after already maxing dual mastery. You need 9 for advanced dual mastery and 9 for precision assault. But level 1 precision assault gives a 12% boost to accuracy then increases by 1% per level to max at 20%, so getting it at just level 1 is actually quite helpful. It takes a lot of SP to get the other 8% it gives though, which may or may not be worth it.

The beauty with raiders is you have a lot of options.

#7 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:16 AM

and if you guys know any skills that wont be used at end game can u please list them *because i dont wanna use them after reskill cuz im gonna go straight to UW and pvp*. thank you

... Sorry but this is being lazy.. it took me 4 skill resets on my raider before i got satisfied with it.

The rest comes down to what you want and what you think you can leave out.

You can just copy someone elses skill build and still end up not liking it.

Edited by Soda, 07 December 2010 - 01:17 AM.

#8 CykoN

CykoN

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:03 AM

Oooh, i see. I think i finally understand that you cant just copy someones build. This is something you come up with yourself bassed on your likes and dislikes. Before i thought i just needed to find a good guide and follow it to the point. Thanks for all your help guys. :D

#9 CykoN

CykoN

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

oops one more thing !!, to use mirror phantasm do i have to keep dual swords equiped? or can i use it then change to my katars ? please answer critical question for my build thanks

#10 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

You need to equip duals to use the buff but when you take them off you will stil have it.

#11 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

Oooh, i see. I think i finally understand that you cant just copy someones build. This is something you come up with yourself bassed on your likes and dislikes. Before i thought i just needed to find a good guide and follow it to the point. Thanks for all your help guys. :unsure:

Im glad you've understood it, and good luck with your raider :P .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users