• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

20160129_ROSEPatch.png

Patch Notes v617

Combat System Updates

After reviewing community feedback regarding Area of Effect (AoE) skill power in scenarios containing many targets, Area of Effect skills that inflict damage to multiple targets have been updated to diminish the amount of damage applied to each target, as the number of targets increases.

For example, hitting 2 players with an AoE skill will deal more damage to each target than hitting 5 players with the same AoE skill.

Note that inflicting AoE damage on a single target will not diminish damage.

Skill Updates

24-Hour Skill & Stat Retraining skills have been provided to all characters to allow for adjustments to character builds where desired.

Soldier

Calm Defender

• Corrected tooltip for proc effect. Intended effect is 2 HP Recovery per 1 Character Level.

Invigoration

• Increased proc effect to 2 HP Recovery per 1 Character Level.

Champion

Spear Deflection Stance

• Increased ratio bonus to 3 Dodge per 2 STR.

Muse

Mana Shield

• Increased cooldown to 4 seconds.

Mage

Fortified Mana Shield

• Increased cooldown to 6 seconds.
  • Decreased Magic Shield Absorption adopted to 54%/58%/62%/66%/70% of Max HP.

Water Mastery

• Increased chance to proc to 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%.

Wind Mastery

Fire Mastery

Sorcery Mastery

Cleric

Cleric's Intensity

Hawker

Steady Arm

• Increased ratio bonus to 1 Attack Power per 8/7/6/5/4 DEX.

Scout

Offhand Expertise

• Increased ratio bonus to 1 Attack Power per 8/7/6/5/4 DEX.

Dealer

Excitable Trigger Finger

• Corrected tooltip for proc effect.
  • Intended effect is "After 10 seconds, gain 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% Attack Speed for 3 seconds."

Cannonier's Panic (previously named Cannonier)

• Increased proc effect to 15%+20/15%+40/15%+60/15%+80/15%+100.
  • Updated description to remove ambiguity of how effect is triggered.

#2 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

nvm :D

Edited by kumpiakot, 22 August 2016 - 02:16 PM.

#3 MeneseJ

MeneseJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:16 PM

thanks a lot

#4 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:47 PM

Servers are up!

#5 RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAdventurer's Plains
  • Server:The one everyone is in

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

Combat System Updates

After reviewing community feedback regarding Area of Effect (AoE) skill power in scenarios containing many targets, Area of Effect skills that inflict damage to multiple targets have been updated to diminish the amount of damage applied to each target, as the number of targets increases.

For example, hitting 2 players with an AoE skill will deal more damage to each target than hitting 5 players with the same AoE skill.

Note that inflicting AoE damage on a single target will not diminish damage.

By how much?

#6 blaze10

blaze10

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

r.i.p. dungeons

Edited by blaze10, 22 August 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#7 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Hi Genesis,

This is good news in PVP side.

Does the combat system for PVP only or both PVP and PVM. If this applies in PVM, i dont think this idea will work.

#8 Kiamori

Kiamori

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

This annihilates the PVE game.

I am new and never PVPed but the most fun in the entire game is getting a party together to lure and mass AOE.

A test on the slag mob provides the following:

1: 1340-1390

2. 1070-1120

3. 850-900

4. 750-780

5. 670-680

By quick calculation offense decreases 20% if you have 2 targets and another 20% if you have 3 targets and a smaller percent for additional targets.

In practice the lure team is now ineffective.  If those end you have eliminated my primary reason to party or play the game.

Edited by Kiamori, 22 August 2016 - 05:58 PM.

#9 7057131117023218773

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Server:SA PUSO MO

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

This annihilates the PVE game.

I am new and never PVPed but the most fun in the entire game is getting a party together to lure and mass AOE.

A test on the slag mob provides the following:

1: 1340-1390

2. 1070-1120

3. 850-900

4. 750-780

5. 670-680

By quick calculation offense decreases 20% if you have 2 targets and another 20% if you have 3 targets and a smaller percent for additional targets.

In practice the lure team is now ineffective.  If those end you have eliminated my primary reason to party or play the game.

by your testing, there will be a time that when enough mobs are lured the damage can go down to zero or one. is this possible? 

#10 Kiamori

Kiamori

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

by your testing, there will be a time that when enough mobs are lured the damage can go down to zero or one. is this possible? 

It is not linear but the fact it can get under 50% is egregious enough.

#11 amfutah

amfutah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

no one will clean DG anymore, its better to do solo but its boring, people who play only for pvm will quit

#12 bLackAngeL33

bLackAngeL33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:12 PM

No more dps, No more aoer, No more game :hmm:

Can you give us a better picture how much damage decrease per target?

PVP- 15 the most for AA

PVE- 50-100 for DG

Does the admin have a dummy characters to have a first-hand experience about the game? if none hope you try and play different class.

Too much change in game-play in a short period of time...

#13 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:49 PM

As everyone has said here, with the diminishing aoe damage, it will affect PvM a lot, i personally who only play PvM most of the time am actually damn disappointed at this update. Clearing mobs is no more fun, and now tanks need to build tanks for a lot of mob luring (that's already a HoO strategy) which will lessen the chance of killing a boss in one of the most common dungeons. Already it takes years (quite long) to finish a CoU dungeon with my cleric and a fairly bursty damage team.

I'm sorry but, if this isn't relooked at, i'm definately not even going to bother looking at this game anymore. Always all the changed are based on PvP and never look at the affects it has on PvM. All because majority of the community that even says anything here are the ones that do PvP.

(Edited)

Although the rest of the patch is fairly decent, the diminishing damage has such a big impact on the game as a whole itself. Seriously, please.

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 22 August 2016 - 09:57 PM.

#14 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

Another classic example...someone whines in PvP .... and PvM gets screwed too... yet again. Thank you for the very thoughtful  'balancing'...

Edited by Nura, 23 August 2016 - 03:35 AM.

#15 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:33 AM

Another classic example...someone whines in PvP .... and PvM gets screwed too...thank you for the very thoughtful  'balancing'...

couldnt agree more

#16 QueenElizabeth

QueenElizabeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:58 AM

Another classic example...someone whines in PvP .... and PvM gets screwed too...thank you for the very thoughtful  'balancing'...

agree!

Nura is so right!

Yes, there was an imbalance in pvp... but that could have been fixed without ruining the pvm.

Someone complained on this forums earlier, that pvm players are left behind....

This update made it worse.

and I am afraid, that the "community's feedback", which is the reason for this update... is just the opinion from some few players... which are seen on forums a lot... but not in game.

I don't see them representing the players who actually play this game daily.

#17 IMsellerbuyer

IMsellerbuyer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

"Someone" complained the pvm players are being left behind. With this changes don't u think it'll make it harder for them to farm? People complain this and that, how some aoe are so OP. Question is, have they tried doing PVP, aa, DP, CD? Have they tried SOD,HOO,COU,SC with the new update? Did they try to figure out how the paradigm update works? Have they tried to figure out how to counter attack the aoes and stuffs? And now we have another update coz "someone" thinks it's too imbalance. Shouldn't we have voices here too? Not just from one person? It'll be quite an adjustment again for those people who already had adjustments to the previous update. Someone whines about the OP damages and stuff, where could you find a player who wouldn't want to be strong in game. Please hear other players opinion, not just some people who just whines when some players got great damage. Those players did some work to get to where they are now. 

#18 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:14 AM

After returning to Rose I find this a little strange, I'm willing to try it out but if it becomes to hard to clear a dungeon then why this update, PVM is a big part for alot of ppl. This is clearly awsm for ppl in pvp, though its true some of those ppl have expensive gears to get there, but can't you guys make the system to only apply in pvp?

I'm sure this aint easy, for just pvp, but there must be some options. Aside from a few highly skilled or buffed up ( +15) ppl, dungeons are hard enough for the average person. Once the event exp is gone, lvln will be hard enough for ppl, now they find they cant lure + damage the monsters. I just did some CoU and the damage is really meh, luring a large group of monsters is kinda irrelevant, you should just lure a few and kill em, rinse and repeat. So in PVM why would I take high def knights or high dodge raiders to lure. Sure they really help against the boss but their aoes are nothing now. Dont kill pvm because pvp hurts, the people that could clean CoU monstes fast had good to awsm gears. We already were nerfed in pvm compared to the old days of luring in Sikuku Prison and 1 mage Meteorite Striking them all to death in 1 hit, I'm fine with that, but this was uncalled for imho.

I've had many mages and bourgs die because they couldnt kill the monsters at all before the update, so it wasnt a cakewalk anyway. Maybe we can make some middle ground here, or just split these dmg adjustments for pvp vs pvm.

#19 Choubakawa

Choubakawa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@Choubakawa
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:54 AM

I really don't understand this update.

Ok we have to adapt our style to the new things but an aoe is used to kill a lot of monster faster than kill one by one now it's the contrary and clean CoU will take years xD

But in the example you said players maybe it's only for pvp and you failed a little ? Let's hope :D

#20 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:29 AM

For AOE damage, it will eventually plateau, it will not dwindle down to one damage, or zero if there are too many mobs being attacked. So you will see a big difference in hitting 5 mobs compared to 20, but no difference between hitting 50 to 100. 

Please understand that the concerns regarding AOE damage were not just from one player, but from multiple players on the forums, in messages on Facebook and on Steam. As with any new update, we will continue gathering feedback from the community on these changes, and the ROSE team can continue to make adjustments based on this feedback.

As always, we appreciate all of your feedback, as it will help us continue to improve and balance ROSE.

#21 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

This is sad. 

#22 QueenElizabeth

QueenElizabeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

I checked old threads to read that "community feedback" again...

I found
 https://forums.warpp...ory-discussion/

https://forums.warpp...ea-for-classes/

please help me out... where else was was a discussion... and a community feedback... about this?

#23 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:33 AM

This update just sucked!!! i wont bother with this game until aoe nerfed gets fixed. i understand the pvp side of it but why apply it to pvm. it takes forever to do a dg now. the only dg worth doing is sc because it doesnt involve alot of aoe. sod and hoo was already hard before the update now its just ridiculous.  Most of the time playing i spend in game is playing dgs pvm players really got -snip- with this update. and now i cant imagine how hard it would be to lvl a character when the exp event is gone. This is just a sad day for me at rose getting of work expecting to play my favorite game   :(

#24 DrakeClaw

DrakeClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

Boost the PVM Bonus on Equips.

Do that on the actual "end game" Armors and Weapons.

This would not create a possible "exploit" with the levelling, as the best weapons that are generally used are Epics or in some occasions Exalted , so it would regard 200+ / 220+ equip.

With "Boost" I mean REALLY Boost it, just basically allowing me and the other PvM oriented players to get back our fun in Dungeons (Since ... really, how can we step forward again.. we got a serious cooldown problem with Para update... and we did adapt , the whole server did or is doing anyway, now damage dealing .... what else do we need to face then ? )

Oh, in case someone is worrying about the possiblity to have again some "immortal" classes (Knights pre Para update Docet) , consider it is anyway possible to push some classes to work "almost" like that even now, so an improvement to PvM defense woudn't really affect much (or even consider to Boost the PvM attack % only ? ) 

I add... let us have lvl 230 Weapons ? 

Even only Valor/Honor ones ? 

So there again would be possible to improve the PvM damage part / specialization without affecting the PvP side wich seems to be impossible to manage making everyone happy (I play since the Beta.... NEVER had a possibility to hear good comments from PvP players at some time.... like someone else stated in a post, there's always been some particular class "pimped" compared to others.... and the loop started...)

#25 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

Feedback about PVP aoes no doubt Dragonlark, but about PVM aoes? So Ulverick got tired of seeing his spiders get murdered and contacted you on facebook, I didnt know the bosses in Rose were so with the times :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users