People were leaving or bots were getting banned? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

People were leaving or bots were getting banned?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

#51 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:26 AM

I actually have shared up quite a few of Havenn's videos on Facebook, all you have to do is to tweet at the playragnarok twitter account when a video's up and we'll share it up...

I believe the problem of gathering a player base can't be resolved by just sharing a video.

You and the GM team needs to promote a stronger community to get people to stay. Most players I see stop playing after certain levels in the game: 101 and 150.

People leave once they reach 101 because it takes either forever to level (without VIP) or the community after leaving low TI sucks since there really isn't one for Mid TI. I say for VIP benefits, don't include +50% bonus exp as an incentive along with the ability to single TI into all base or job. Just leave the server at 150% VIP bonus and give VIP incentive for the usual bonus drop rate and access to the whole vip buffer/summoner/malangdo thing.

For 150, you really need to expand leveling for some of these players. I hang out in lighthalzen all the time and see players waiting hours upon hours for parties. I've seen people rage quit because they can't find core classes and it's unfortunate to see players quitting because they can't play the game. So I think it's time to really push out better leveling updates for these players.

Lastly, look at your forums and look at the guilds that are still around. Seems like constant problems and fighting and instead of banning some of these repeated offenders, the CMs decides to keep moderating them and "hoping" the problem will go away.

There are positives though, I do like a lot of the new hats coming in. But if you and Oda wants to talk to an old player like me and figure out what works and doesn't, I'm more than happy to work with you guys.

PS: Please change the high TI map, it -_-ing sucks and you shouldn't be taking suggestions anymore from the person who suggested it.

Edited by Demeris, 24 August 2016 - 09:28 AM.

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

Amazing that the game advertising has to be a player initiative '-'

#53 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:08 AM

Every time when a newbie makes a thread to complain i.e. TI is too hard, Bio 4 is too hard to farm a party, blah blah blah, you name it. There will always be some pros who come to say something like ... get good, cry more, your salty tears are delicious, you name it lmfao

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

Even tho I go and make a snarky post like that - this happens when I do

Jx67Kls.png

#55 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

You and the GM team needs to promote a stronger community to get people to stay. Most players I see stop playing after certain levels in the game: 101 and 150.

People leave once they reach 101 because it takes either forever to level (without VIP) or the community after leaving low TI sucks since there really isn't one for Mid TI. I say for VIP benefits, don't include +50% bonus exp as an incentive along with the ability to single TI into all base or job. Just leave the server at 150% VIP bonus and give VIP incentive for the usual bonus drop rate and access to the whole vip buffer/summoner/malangdo thing.

For 150, you really need to expand leveling for some of these players. I hang out in lighthalzen all the time and see players waiting hours upon hours for parties. I've seen people rage quit because they can't find core classes and it's unfortunate to see players quitting because they can't play the game. So I think it's time to really push out better leveling updates for these players.

Lastly, look at your forums and look at the guilds that are still around. Seems like constant problems and fighting and instead of banning some of these repeated offenders, the CMs decides to keep moderating them and "hoping" the problem will go away.

There are positives though, I do like a lot of the new hats coming in. But if you and Oda wants to talk to an old player like me and figure out what works and doesn't, I'm more than happy to work with you guys.

PS: Please change the high TI map, it -_-ing sucks and you shouldn't be taking suggestions anymore from the person who suggested it.

I totally agree with the diagnosis, but not with the proposed solutions... but as I don't have any alternative ones... upvote to you. I think that it's an extremely complex thing, and attracting the interest of new players, or keeping the interest of returning players, and players that come from other servers, like I did, require a lot of stuff that many times directly contrast with what old and stablished players want here. You can see this in how the server's opinions were divided by the tentative release of the Penetration Shadow Set, and every time that people insist on asking for more frequent hammer events. It's always something ugly to see, as people act like children, calling other either spoonfed or elitists, and those offenses are quite moderate, considering things that I saw in other forums. :P

I came to iRO with 10 or so friends from my former guild. Only 5 went past level 100 (my wife being one of them, but then she lost interest in game for the reason you said... poor her... playing as a wanderer with no knowledge on the balance state of the game...), 3 of which quit exactly because of what you said. There's a big difference in the leveling hurdle, and Mid TI "community" sucks hard. You either get a terrible party and gets irritated and frustrated, or you get a great party and it's heaven, but most times you get no party AT ALL, and keeps getting killed by mobs at entrance. High TI is a little bit better, but people still play like they are soloing, completely ignoring those who get behind, and it's terrible how A LOT of people just quit after finishing their counts. After all, only 3 remained (including me), and as one of them had trouble with his PC, he decided to spend his time playing Destiny and other PS4 games instead. What also made him lose interest is that he was not being able to make his warlock effective, and every other class seemed more powerful. It was just on that time that I decided to frequent the forums and started to discover about how to make a warlock minimally effective, though it's still a bit frustrating to play on my second warlock on High TI and see rangers with instacast dealing higher damage... I didn't see their gears, though...

After 150, you either belong in one of the "meta" classes and go to bio 4 (and wait hours and hours to get a party, just to do a single round of boards, and sometimes not even one, because some stupide people leave before completing by either raging at someone or simply quiting. If you're not one of the Bio 4 meta classes, nor a GX (which can level pretty quickly at NCT), you're damned. You have to do quite some research on leveling (remember: not everyone like to read/post on the forums, and a lot are not good even basically proficient in english). There's too little in-game information, and sometimes the community doesn't help. The BBs could serve as a good guide, but they're open for a very wide level amplitude (e.g.: New World Camp BB is 100 to 150, why not add centipede/centipede larva and break it into a couple BBs? Also, add Bradium Golem for El Dicastes, in the Centipedes' stead), and there could be leveling guide NPCs that showed players options available for their classes.

About VIP bonus EXP, I think it's not that bad. What is worse is that non VIP LOSE A LOT OF EXP on dieing. The 1% should be normalized by either VIP or non-VIP, and as far as I remember, at least pre-renewal 1% was the standard. Why make it worse for F2P players? It makes dieing a great frustration, specially if you are not yet sure about where or how to level. What is also worse is the mobility restriction that non-VIPs have, and I'm not even questioning the availability of Aperture, but the regular Kafras teleport have their standard only for VIPs, and non-VIPs can f themselves. There are too many unnecessary hurdles that take away new players interest.

And last, but not even by far least, there's a HUGE unbalance in classes power right now, and it's not something that newer players will understand until they spend - what in their point of view is - a huge investment of time and energy, and if they were unlucky and did a poor choice of class (like me or my wife), it adds A LOT to the players frustration. Because, hell! I want to play a [Mechanic/Warlock/Performer/etc.], why should I NEED to make a [Ranger/GX/RK] to be able to get decent gears for my class of choice? For people like me, who cannot play a lot of hours a day, this idea is terrible. No wonder I have a 144 RK frozen in time for more than a month (after being frozen on level 122 for 3 months or so) and my Hunter didn't even become a Sniper. But then again, the path that kRO chose to rebalance a lot of classes conflicts with the interest of lots of older and stablished players here, so we cannot expect this reality to change.

Well... after detailing what I feel, I sudenly became VERY pessimistic about the future of the server...  :p_sad:  :p_sick:

Edited by Kusanagisama, 24 August 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#56 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Such salt. Whats wrong with High TI's map?

Any party with a brain and doesn't just go down the same path the entire TI should be able to complete it within 15-25 minutes without any issues.

#57 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

The game isn't newbie friendly, the community isn't newbie friendly and the people on the forum are definitely not newbie friendly.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the large amount of people asking for Enriched Hammers are newer players and yet you have people still saying things like "it will ruin the economy", "my +9 will sell for less". Then the very same people turn around and complain that there aren't enough people participating for WoE. Did you expect these newer players to go into WoE without +9 WoE sets? Who the -_- want's to go WoE to get one shotted by everyone. I'm no economy major, I am just a science major but goddanm if there are so many new players asking for Enriched then just give it to them, how else will they ever catch up to people who have been playing for so long. (Believe me there are newer players leaving because their gears suck).

EDIT: And why does this forum/game still have profanity filter on   :hmm:

Edited by Diskence, 24 August 2016 - 10:30 AM.

#58 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:30 AM

Any party with a brain and doesn't just go down the same path the entire TI should be able to complete it within 15-25 minutes without any issues.

A lot of blind spots, caused by many small obstacles. Mindless people who walk on circles (this phenomena didn't happen or was not a problem in the former map, even with the same kind of mindless people), a closed predetermined path that generates long walks without monsters and some spots with huge mobs... that will generate another long monsterless walk if a party gets there right before yours, and so on...

I agree with all of those who say to change the High TI map. The old Abyss Lake map was the best that I've seen since joining iRO. Malangdo dungeon was bad, this one is also bad. It reminds of Geffen Dungeon Mid TI.

BTW, Payon Dungeon low ti worked way better than what I thought i would... at least for me. XD

#59 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

Just as someone who's been getting back into renewal after a 5 year break.... I can't even begin to tell you how intimidating it is to ask for advice/figure out the right gears or even afford them =x

#60 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

Just as someone who's been getting back into renewal after a 5 year break.... I can't even begin to tell you how intimidating it is to ask for advice/figure out the right gears or even afford them =x

Some girl in Pront the other day asked where Sograt 22 is, and someone from a big WoE guild told her to grow a brain. I took her there afterwards but danm. (I didn't even know where it was)

Edited by Diskence, 24 August 2016 - 10:35 AM.

#61 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

The faster I can do the TI the better. If a TI takes me 25 minutes when it could've taken 15 minutes before, then that's a problem.

I've seen parties take even longer than 30 minutes because not everyone can afford gwings. Not everyone can get decked out and be op geared to 1 shot everything.

To me, TIs are just daily quests. Try playing your phone game or any other MMO that has daily quests. When the game starts off, daily quests are fine. After 2 weeks or so, daily quests becomes boring and a grind. It's 100% of the reasons why I stop playing phone games because the daily grind takes too long to do after you get use to it.

So yes, they're just boring and I have not heard a single person mention the high TI map being a positive. Surprisingly, I think low TI map is the best so far. I think big part of being fun in RO is to kill mobs super fast and feeling like you're the best RO player iRO. Low TI gives that excitement and I am surprisingly pleased with the low TI map we have and hope it sticks around.

Not sure why you're feeling salt though. It's to whoever suggested the stupid high TI map that should never suggest high TI maps again.

Edited by Demeris, 24 August 2016 - 10:43 AM.

#62 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

The game isn't newbie friendly, the community isn't newbie friendly and the people on the forum are definitely not newbie friendly.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the large amount of people asking for Enriched Hammers are newer players and yet you have people still saying things like "it will ruin the economy", "my +9 will sell for less". Then the very same people turn around and complain that there aren't enough people participating for WoE. Did you expect these newer players to go into WoE without +9 WoE sets? Who the -_- want's to go WoE to get one shotted by everyone. I'm no economy major, I am just a science major but goddanm if there are so many new players asking for Enriched then just give it to them, how else will they ever catch up to people who have been playing for so long. (Believe me there are newer players leaving because their gears suck).

EDIT: And why does this forum/game still have profanity filter on   :hmm:

Your post have been certified for it's high content of truth.

Not sure why you're feeling salt though. It's to whoever suggested the stupid high TI map that should never suggest high TI maps again.

I think it's because she was the one who suggested this map. :p_laugh:  At least one of those who did it.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 24 August 2016 - 10:43 AM.

#63 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

The Bounty Board project is dead, give it a rest already. The people and the iRO team have spoken, Gramps is to be the norm now.

#64 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

The faster I can do the TI the better. If a TI takes me 25 minutes when it could've taken 15 minutes before, then that's a problem.

I've seen parties take even longer than 30 minutes because not everyone can afford gwings. Not everyone can get decked out and be op geared to 1 shot everything.

The 25 minutes is the absolute maximum I have ever seen done on the current map. If there is any party taking well over 30 minutes, they have a lot more issues than just gwings and not having 1 shotters.

I think low TI map is the best so far. I think big part of being fun in RO is to kill mobs super fast and feeling like you're the best RO player iRO. Low TI gives that excitement and I am surprisingly pleased with the low TI map we have and hope it sticks around.

https://forums.warpp...e/#entry2476926

Don't use payon_dun00, that map is going to be overcrowded and you're going to see a lot more ksing from a lot of players.

Small maps are fine for mid and high TI since there's no camp or homunc parties in there. But a map that small in low TI with that many people will create a huge ksfest.

Interesting entire change of tone in such a short while.

--

In regards to the general topic about advertisement of the game, the best form of free advertisement for any game right now is Youtube and Twitch. Facebook can be added in there to grab in players that might come back (150k likes on the iRO FB page for example. Granted a lot of them were probably fake accounts back when you guys used to do EXP events when it reached a milestone).

Working with content creators for your game doesn't have much to it. Helping them obtain viewership, giving them incentives directly, or whatever you want to do doesn't take much effort. Random shout outs to 1 person every several months doesn't really do much justice.

Edited by Toxn, 24 August 2016 - 10:55 AM.

#65 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

I actually appreciate whoever did the bounty board system. It promoted and give people an incentive to level. Too bad people care too much about players leveling too fast with it and when I see it 100% as a positive addition to iRO.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:52 AM

Some girl in Pront the other day asked where Sograt 22 is, and someone from a big WoE guild told her to grow a brain. I took her there afterwards but danm. (I didn't even know where it was)

Sounds about right....

Honestly, if I didn't have access to all the fansites and know where to look to find these things I'd have probably have given up. I don't play on any known accounts on renewal (I go there to escape being "xellie"). Scary community.

I don't like gramps TIs btw. I like social parties and exploring the world ): So that's a real bummer when all the real maps are empty. Talking below 150. I haven't gotten back up that far.

Edited by Xellie, 24 August 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#67 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

Interesting entire change of tone in such a short while.

It's way different to express your opinion about something after experiencing it than before. When they changed those TI maps I thought that the High TI would be great and the low TI would be terrible, though I don't remember expressing this opinion here. After experiencing both, my opinion changed drastically... on both maps.

It's no wonder at all that someone might drastically change his/her point of view after experience.

#68 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:55 AM

but low TI map is a KS fest lol. it jsut happens to be accepted now which is what that low TI map did and it transitions to mid TI map. Might as well let ksing be a thing :V

#69 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:58 AM

This is why I keep coming back to the forums, top kek

#70 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:07 AM

I actually appreciate whoever did the bounty board system. It promoted and give people an incentive to level. Too bad people care too much about players leveling too fast with it and when I see it 100% as a positive addition to iRO.

You're welcome.

Funny how when I spearheaded the project, I got a lot of flack from people because I fought tirelessly to get my proposal through and continued to fight to progress the project. There were people who even argued that I shouldn't be in charge of managing a project that I initiated. Yet now that I've wiped my hands of it, no one wants to step up. Just another case of people talking crap, but not having the balls to back it up.

#71 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

Raisins_Face.jpg

this is deja vu!....many points i made in previous threads are being repeated now by other people..

i guess this mean my work here is

628b31ef5fea67162bcb271e269030fe.jpg

DONE

Edited by dagger47, 24 August 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#72 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

serious misuse of meme

#73 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

I actually have shared up quite a few of Havenn's videos on Facebook, all you have to do is to tweet at the playragnarok twitter account when a video's up and we'll share it up...

That isn't enough though, I'm aware you guys communicate with very few players closely but with some players like Havenn, he's much more humble and may not have personally reach out to you guys to ask for anything specifically.

Approach players like Havenn up and work with him closer, maybe ask if he can come into a Twitch stream collaboration and all, make events with him, ask questions, reward his effort and such. Don't just wait for people to come to you to propose events/ activities.

Not too sure if it's too late even by now, but GMs need to be more interactive with their players other than just doing Tiki Tuesdays. Tiki is a good step up but some times the stream gets a bit stale. No offense.

I watch a lot of art streams and have seen software companies like Adobe, Autodesk, or Twitch work with high profile artists to get more viewers too. I remember you guys working with some artists in the past as well, wish that happens a little more often and get promoted more.

At this point though I'm not sure if it's too late, but ultimately there needs far more promotional activities/ events going on than just the measly few 2 cent suggestions I have mentioned.

#74 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

serious misuse of meme

untitle.JPG

#75 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:53 AM

Simple things like the community share a RO tweet post/like the facebook page and when it reaches a certain number you guys give everyone in the community a gift (like what most cellphone games are doing now) it's such easy advertisement and you guys really should be doing things like this.

Make a advertisement video, put it into a tweet, ask players to retweet it, like it, give a gift to everyone when shared however many times. 

Edited by Diskence, 24 August 2016 - 11:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users