Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

We just confirmed that next week we are going to have some special guests...the kRO development team! It's a rare opportunity to meet with them in person and we will be having meetings and planning sessions a lot of different things on future development and existing issues.  

If there is time, we may be able to do a Q&A video, so please ask your questions here. 

Here's the last video we did when they were in the office last time: 

Update 8/29:

The visitors from the devs will be doing the Q&A, we're picking out questions. For the BEST two questions we will be giving away some cool IRL Gravity swag that they brought to us from jRO and kRO!

The deadline for submission is tonight Monday, 8/29 at 2359 hours tonight at server time. 

We'll send the questions to them and see which of these can be answered. We'll be doing a pre-record so we can add subtitles to the answers and cut together a nicer looking video than we could do live. We'll give away ingame items and/or VIP time for sharing the video link around when we put it up on youtube.

As such! This week we will not be doing a live Tiki Tuesday (maybe I'll put on a re-run of a popular old vid)

#2 JapzPogi

JapzPogi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

1. Many players are quitting because of boring episode updates.When are you planning to put instance updates like Nightmare Old glast heim, Nightmare biolabs?

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

I have a few to put through, mainly update and client related.

1. When will we receive QoL updates like Buff/Cooldown Timers, Pet Hunger Bar, RODEX, Guild Storage etc?
  2. When will we receive client fixes?
  3. When will we receive general bug fixes like instances (since it is nice to have working ones with no bugs :X)?

#4 kulasisi03

kulasisi03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

Question. Will there be an update for the quest logs. The one we have today kinda sucks  :p_sad: . No delete quest whatsoever. You need to finish in order to remove which sucks if you happen to get all the low level quest and did not bother finishing it. Like the Hold your Breath Quest and bounty boards. Its kinda annoying especially if you are Obsessive compulsive.  :p_sick:  :p_sick:  :p_sick:

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

1. When are you going to revamp and reimplement the auction house? Players are calling for the use of 3rd-party software to vend when a modern auction house with buyout options would fix the existing issues properly.

2. What do you think of this? Some players think the inconsistent look of RO's UI makes it look unpolished, which is rather sad for a MMORPG that's been out for 14 years.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 07 October 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#6 DivinumRen

DivinumRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

The Rebellion, Kagerou & Oboro will have their third job? or they stay in second job forever?

There are any news for the taekwon/soul linker extended job (Star Emperor & Soul Reaper) and the U.S themed town?

There will be a new race after Doram?

#7 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:46 PM

1 - Any plans to balance all Classes ? E.T.A if possible.

2-  Any plans to balance the WoE/PvP scenario?

Edited by Hissis, 23 August 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#8 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:50 AM

Are they coming specifically from south korea to answer our questions? oppa!   :p_omg: .....yes....i have many questions for mr boss man CEO of Ragnarok online  :mad:

a yo ha say ho! 

• question 1> will you make it so fixed skill casting time and can be affected by DEX for all skills especially for bowling bash/warlock/mage skills so we can achieve insta cast? (please remove all fixed casting time for all skills regarding PVE and keep them for woe/pvp )
  • question 2> where is Ragnarok online 3?
  • question 3will you rebuilt Ragnarok online 1 on a new graphics engine? keeping 2d sprites and upgrading them to HD. This will allow us to move past the previous engines limitations/flaws meet the standards of 2016 and attract a new generation of players.
  • question 4 > can you increase the difficulty of all monsters to force people to party? (not just increase hp for a longer dull fight but increase monster attack skills/a.i
  • question 5 > when will you make a new Ragnarok online anime?
  • question 6 > can you explain to our community why the penetration show set was created? i.e how it was created to make it possible to complete future instances that are supposedly very hard like nightmare bio5 and how without them our character are gimped/ruined regrading future content.
  • question 7 > what are you doing to remove the pay wall faced by all players? which is most definitely an issue at level 150 ( hmm i should be asking warpportal this question  :mad: )
  • question 8 > we also want 300k population  :mad: so can you remove region blocks making ALL Ragnarok online regions accessible in one client? (each region would have its own server like thor/chaos thaiRO/IRO ) IRO/KRO being the governing body.
  • questions 9 > there are now many free to play mmorpg on consoles like ps4 now when will you port ragnarok online to playstation 4?
  • question 10 > when will you rebalance all classes and all skills?
  • question 11 > everything is ridiculously over priced/inflated by people abusing illegal automated macro programs on woe vending machines/dupes , what are you doing to fix these issue (especially inflation) and make the game new player friendly?

we do not want/like 3d character models, we like 2d animated sprites and play the game because it looks anime and NOR DO WE WANT GENERIC MMO MECHANICS LIKE YOU PUT IN RAGNAROK ONLINE 2!. Please keep this in mind when consider future projects like Ragnarok online 3.

Edited by dagger47, 30 August 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:57 AM

On the Rebel awakening, did Kagerou/Oboro got any other change other than just lvls and higher hp pool? If so that's pretty sad :/

#10 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:40 AM

Campitor posted a personal laundry list a while back; I'd like to see that addressed. I'll edit with a quote if I stumble across it, unless someone beats me to it.

#11 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

(1) We really love jRO alternative sprite. Can we have it on iRO?
(2) Is there any plan on releasing Mora equip sets for job 3-2? On Campitor's list iRO would like to plan on it. Can you give us heads up?
(3) Can we have more iRO custom made items proposed by community, beside the headgears? We have plenty ideas about custom weapons, armors, accesories on our forums, just knowing that they've been heard/reviewed is great

#12 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

Is there any possibility of increasing the inventory space? With the implementation of shadow gears and renewal foods and other supplies, 100 slots for an inventory is miniscule, with most players barely being able to hold anything aside from gear and supply.

And can we please focus on bringing our client and it's features up to date, rather than pushing content non stop? We are still lacking majority of QoL changes made back in 2012 even.

#13 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Any plans to make status attacks (sleep, stun, etc) useful / less resisted? Or i just want to ask balance

#14 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

any chance to increase the resistance rate of status effects to 130 instead of 100

#15 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

jRO hairstyles or riot. つ ◕_◕ ༽つ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 

#16 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:03 AM

Is there any possibility of increasing the inventory space? With the implementation of shadow gears and renewal foods and other supplies, 100 slots for an inventory is miniscule, with most players barely being able to hold anything aside from gear and supply.

And can we please focus on bringing our client and it's features up to date, rather than pushing content non stop? We are still lacking majority of QoL changes made back in 2012 even.

+1 to this. The inventory space especially. It's becoming a massive chore, especially with the new instances that require you to have 3+ elemental armors and different gear setups for different bosses/phases, etc.

It's great to see new content, but there's some logistical stuff that's definitely lagging. 

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

Since this has been brought up again for whatever reason, I would appreciate hearing kROs opinion on the penetration shadow sets and why they think they are healthy additions to the game.

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

Any plans of revamping or making little tweaks to "old/useless after renewal" MVP cards? Something like changing Moonlight movement speed boost to 100% instead of 25%.

#19 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

The visitors from the devs will be doing the Q&A, we're picking out questions. For the BEST two questions we will be giving away some cool IRL Gravity swag that they brought to us from jRO and kRO!

The deadline for submission is tonight Monday, 8/29 at 2359 hours tonight at server time. 

We'll send the questions to them and see which of these can be answered. We'll be doing a pre-record so we can add subtitles to the answers and cut together a nicer looking video than we could do live. We'll give away ingame items and/or VIP time for sharing the video link around 

As such! This week we will not be doing a live Tiki Tuesday (maybe I'll put on a re-run of a popular old vid)

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

What do they take in consideration when they plan and create new content?

And as we know, they seem to have different plans for each server, what do they take on consideration for chosing wich update and in what order each one gets it, as well as gears. Dont they think that doing little tweaks to adapt to the server playerbase culture wouls be more apropriate? (As we know, asian games/players are mostly more farming/grinding/progression intense than others).

It also has come to ears that gravity plans on making another class rebalance. What are you expecting to achieve with that, in terms of pvp and pvm scenarios?

Why cats?

Edited by Ashuckel, 29 August 2016 - 03:35 PM.

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

In what direction do they see RO going period. Do they plan to hit hard with the nerf hammer and balance the game as a whole or do they intend to stick with the quick fixes? I am curious because while RO is an old game, old games can still make a comeback with the right mindset (look at various Blizzard titles like Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo or games like Ultima).

And in what way to you plan to tackle the equipment situation in RO, there are tonnes and a lot of them are useless. Any plans to cull the lot and start from ground up by introducing unique ones catered to skill builds? Not sets, but singular items.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 29 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#22 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

any chance to increase the resistance rate of status effects to 130 instead of 100

making it 150 would be better :D

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

making it 150 would be better :D

If you make it too big, it would make the concept redundant.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

Also, this bugs me, and I'm sure more ppl as well, but why the hell is INT the stat used to reduce Blind chance '-'

#25 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

Also, this bugs me, and I'm sure more ppl as well, but why the hell is INT the stat used to reduce Blind chance '-'

Are you BLIND ash?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users