• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 MegaFunk

MegaFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

Ok so Im more or less just curious about my skill layout but before that Ill lay down some info for ya.

Level 71/31 Agi Sader (current) "Only PVM"
Str 40+6
Agi 60+6
Vit 1+3
Int 1+5
Dex 50+5
Luck 40+5 (threw in this because crits are Lawlz)

Goal:
Str 43+7
Agi 98+2
Vit 1+3
Int 1+5
Dex 69+3
Luck 45+5

Skills
Provoke/Bash/Increase Hp -10
Magnum - 1
Endure- 8
Beserk

Peco Riding - 6 (total)
Spear quicken - 10
Spear Mastery- 10

4 points left over.

Equipment:
Mini propeller
Robo eyes
Pirate dager
Eden Group for body (sadly)
Pole Axe
Rigid Guard (thief bug)
Quick Muffler (condor)
Green Boots (Matyr)
2 X Clips of flash (yoyo cards)

Since thats done my question is whats more of a long lasting build between going the Faith/Holy cross tree or the tree to Shield Reflect? Thing is I just bought this Pole axe cash because I had some extra cash and was like "why the %$#^ not?!" So it will be gone in a week. So since that happening and I dont have a replacement spear yet I figured I ask first. If I go the shield path Id have to buy a 1handy and those are expensive and Im like...noob broke right now. To lazy to make cash :D.

So yeah the question is whats better between holy cross or shield reflect late level? I figured it was just preference of if you wanted to get hit or not but I just wanted to check.

#2 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

Since thats done my question is whats more of a long lasting build between going the Faith/Holy cross tree or the tree to Shield Reflect?

Regardless of which path you go, Faith 10 is a must imho. +2000 hp (that is affected by +% hp gear) is great! Not to mention that still gives +500 more hp for when you want to use bezerk.

I just want to make sure your not confused by shield reflect. You will not be leveling off of this like RG's do, since this skill works completely different then Reflect Damage. In 90%+ of the situations you run into the shield reflect will not help you kill a monster any faster (different if you get mobbed, but you don't want to deal with huge mobs).

I would recommended going Holy Cross for these reasons.

-As a crusader (because your going pally after, correct?) your skill tree (also stats) do not matter too much since they get reset anyways once your a pally.
-For spear based crusader/pally, the only reason to get heavily invested into shield skills is for once you turn Royal Guard and accessing some of their skills.
-Holy Cross(HC) will change your weapon's damage to holy
-HC will allow you to use a *very* useful offensive skill in selective areas, such as Dark Priests (good drops, will help you make zeny) and Niff.

Your build looks good, I would recommended the following ASAP.

*Cheap* (I don't know valk prices, sorry, so this is just a guess)

1. Any porcellio armor (Ragail said they are 3m on valk)
2. Stone buckler (25 more def then guard, ragail had one for 500k on valk and 55k on ymir lol)
3. Then work on a better wep

Long term investments

Morri set (I would start by getting accessory)
Any mocking you can equip (don't bother if your getting the set)
Huntings spear (best), or battle hook (great vs demi human, 140 atk 1 handed with slot, gives you use of pierce which is great vs large), or long horn(perma holy damage), or cresent scythe (160 atk, +30 crit, +10% to hit), or that one thats starts with an "A" and bypasses defense with a chance to randomly cast pierce while attacking (sorry haven't used this one in ages).

#3 MegaFunk

MegaFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

Ok I looked over the skills and I decided to go with the Holy Cross tree. Faith is awesome! 2000 hp for free is pretty smexy.

Im looking into the procellio armor now I just want to find a card thats not over priced and what not lol. My friend hooked me up with a "Shield" with a card that stops 30% of demihuman damage (Forgot the name) so Im using that for now also. He also got me a battle hook for after I trans. I may end up getting a crescent scythe to get me to that point though.

Now working with a lvl 83 so Im moving along nicely. Now comes the lovely grind fest till 99. *holds breath*

Also thanks for the in-depth reply ^^.

#4 Vionce

Vionce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Location*Poke* Behind you!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

Regardless of which path you go, Faith 10 is a must imho. +2000 hp (that is affected by +% hp gear) is great! Not to mention that still gives +500 more hp for when you want to use bezerk.

I just want to make sure your not confused by shield reflect. You will not be leveling off of this like RG's do, since this skill works completely different then Reflect Damage. In 90%+ of the situations you run into the shield reflect will not help you kill a monster any faster (different if you get mobbed, but you don't want to deal with huge mobs).

I would recommended going Holy Cross for these reasons.

-As a crusader (because your going pally after, correct?) your skill tree (also stats) do not matter too much since they get reset anyways once your a pally.
-For spear based crusader/pally, the only reason to get heavily invested into shield skills is for once you turn Royal Guard and accessing some of their skills.
-Holy Cross(HC) will change your weapon's damage to holy
-HC will allow you to use a *very* useful offensive skill in selective areas, such as Dark Priests (good drops, will help you make zeny) and Niff.

Your build looks good, I would recommended the following ASAP.

*Cheap* (I don't know valk prices, sorry, so this is just a guess)

1. Any porcellio armor (Ragail said they are 3m on valk)
2. Stone buckler (25 more def then guard, ragail had one for 500k on valk and 55k on ymir lol)
3. Then work on a better wep

Long term investments

Morri set (I would start by getting accessory)
Any mocking you can equip (don't bother if your getting the set)
Huntings spear (best), or battle hook (great vs demi human, 140 atk 1 handed with slot, gives you use of pierce which is great vs large), or long horn(perma holy damage), or cresent scythe (160 atk, +30 crit, +10% to hit), or that one thats starts with an "A" and bypasses defense with a chance to randomly cast pierce while attacking (sorry haven't used this one in ages).

It's Ahlspiess. And you do know HC damage doubles with two handed spears ,right? If your leveling off HC get a Crescent Scythe ASAP and even with crappy gears you'll be good.

#5 MegaFunk

MegaFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

Ok I was looking at the skills and such for a pally and I was curious...How advised is it to trans? I really do not feel like it lol.

#6 Gniydnu

Gniydnu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

Trans'ing is huge. Its more then just skills, although skills is a huge part.

Going trans will give you the following benefits.

- 100 extra stat points (you get this at level 1)
- 20 extra skill points for Pally/Crusader, total of 69 (compared to 49)
- +20% more HP/SP (I think its 20 or 25%, I forget)

Also with the new exp tables in renewal going 1-99 trans is basically the same amount of exp as 1-99 non trans. It is a little more, but nothing like the old 3 times as much.

You've already put a lot of time and effort into this, by not going trans your going to end up with an under-par RG. I see no reason to skip trans, unless your a baby character (then you have to).

Also forgot that you can get some crazy good skills too. Gloria D will take away 40% of the opponents sp, thats still useful. BC is kinda useless unless you have it as a slave pally/RG. MR is useless too. Rapid smite though is super cool! I can get 40k damage (gloomy) with 1 str, no lex, and no inspiration. If you added inspiration and lex then I could easily break 120k damage with 1 str. Rapid smite will still be semi useful as a RG.

Edited by Gniydnu, 12 December 2010 - 06:45 PM.

#7 Vionce

Vionce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Location*Poke* Behind you!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

Trans'ing is huge. Its more then just skills, although skills is a huge part.

Going trans will give you the following benefits.

- 100 extra stat points (you get this at level 1)
- 20 extra skill points for Pally/Crusader, total of 69 (compared to 49)
- +20% more HP/SP (I think its 20 or 25%, I forget)

Also with the new exp tables in renewal going 1-99 trans is basically the same amount of exp as 1-99 non trans. It is a little more, but nothing like the old 3 times as much.

You've already put a lot of time and effort into this, by not going trans your going to end up with an under-par RG. I see no reason to skip trans, unless your a baby character (then you have to).

Also forgot that you can get some crazy good skills too. Gloria D will take away 40% of the opponents sp, thats still useful. BC is kinda useless unless you have it as a slave pally/RG. MR is useless too. Rapid smite though is super cool! I can get 40k damage (gloomy) with 1 str, no lex, and no inspiration. If you added inspiration and lex then I could easily break 120k damage with 1 str. Rapid smite will still be semi useful as a RG.

Agreed and agreed.

I can get 40k damage (gloomy) with 1 str, no lex, and no inspiration. If you added inspiration and lex then I could easily break 120k damage with 1 str.

OMFG HAX! How? Equips please.

#8 MegaFunk

MegaFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

Oooooooo. Interesting. Ok you've persuaded me into going for it! Thanks. Also I believe I found on the wiki, not sure if its up to date, that you actually get 30% hp/sp or was that nerfed?

#9 Gniydnu

Gniydnu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

How? Equips please.

Assault spear or glorious spear (+9 since its easy now), all +atk gear, +9 Cross Shield, BSB+MoH or megs, SS1 (+atk), basic buffs, bezerk skill optional(I didn't use), gloomy, and 1 str for 40k (no lex). Actually it will be more then that since the gears I used at the time was lower then the +9's of today. This is also assuming the target is extremely poorly equipped.

With Inspiration's +atk and stats you should be able to just about double the RS damage thats based on attack. That means the 40k should get closer to 70k or more. Add in a lex for double damage, provoke for additional bypass and all set. Just need to make a gloomy slave now /no1.

#10 MegaFunk

MegaFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

Gloomy is?

#11 Gniydnu

Gniydnu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Gloomy_Shyness

Basically triples all damage from the skills: Brandish Spear, Clashing Spiral, Shield Press, Shield boomerange, and Rapid Smite.

#12 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

Since thats done my question is whats more of a long lasting build between going the Faith/Holy cross tree or the tree to Shield Reflect? Thing is I just bought this Pole axe cash because I had some extra cash and was like "why the %$#^ not?!" So it will be gone in a week. So since that happening and I dont have a replacement spear yet I figured I ask first. If I go the shield path Id have to buy a 1handy and those are expensive and Im like...noob broke right now. To lazy to make cash :sob:.

So yeah the question is whats better between holy cross or shield reflect late level? I figured it was just preference of if you wanted to get hit or not but I just wanted to check.

Couple points to go over. Transcending is a MUST, Holy Cross kicks a$$, and shield skills suck if your a Spear Sader since it's best to use a 2H spear for more damage.

I currently have my Crusader at Level 90/50.

Current Skills.
Current Base stats on my Agi/Spear Crusader are:
66 Str
90 Agi
10 Vit
01 Int
40 Dex
30 Luk

Current Gears are.

+6 Crescent Scythe, now +5 BOO HD
+5 Hellfire Now +7 yay HD
+4 Mocking Undershirt (Borrowed from my Sin)
+4 Pantie
Eden Armor
Eden Hat with +2 Agi
Eden Shoes
2x Muscle Clips (2x +3Str)

I am of course looking to improve my gears in the long run, but the weapons are fine as they are, (May still try to OU'd with HD's though :) )

I currently level in Kunlun Dungeon 3, but could easily switch to Dark Priests.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 15 January 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#13 MegaFunk

MegaFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

Interesting. So does the strength actually make a difference because Ive seen a few people (you included) who's strength is over 50?

I have a +2 hellfire scythe right now. Was looking around for decent prized crescents before I pick one up.

#14 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

Interesting. So does the strength actually make a difference because Ive seen a few people (you included) who's strength is over 50?

I have a +2 hellfire scythe right now. Was looking around for decent prized crescents before I pick one up.

Well the annoying thing about renewal is that while Str is useful, the weapon you use matters so much more. More if it has been upgraded or even over upgraded. The link below is how atk is now calculated. The one thing to keep in mind about str now though is you do not have to keep it in multiples of 10.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/ATK

Keep in mind now that every 5 Dex and 3 Luk also gives you +1 Atk.

Also if you are on Valky server make sure you get some Enriched Oridecon and upgrade that Hellfire to +4 asap. each upgrade gives you +7 atk upto +4. Just do a survey on warp portal to get the points.

#15 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

i think 80 agi is enough add more for str

#16 sonicboom

sonicboom

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Well, as an agi 2h spear sader, you need the fastest aspd possible. So don't skimp on agi unless you have gears to make that up somehow. I have 92 base so far, and with a zerk pot hit 187- decent but still feels slow when you have 3+mobs on you.

#17 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

having a mastrol by your side all the time is a drag

#18 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

Well, as an agi 2h spear sader, you need the fastest aspd possible. So don't skimp on agi unless you have gears to make that up somehow. I have 92 base so far, and with a zerk pot hit 187- decent but still feels slow when you have 3+mobs on you.

Well with 90 Base Agi my 91 Crusader has 173 base aspd.
with spear quicken it's upto 181 and with Awakening potion is 185. (Awake pot takes me to 176 alone)

#19 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

185 seems enough for me

#20 MegaFunk

MegaFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

Yeah with all the buffs at lvl 85 I hit 185 aspd. Feels like I can eat a whole sandwich inbetween the attacks. Idk it just feels reaaaaally slow. Maybe Im to addicted from seeing alot of numbers o.o.

#21 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

It seems as though a lot of people are going for AGI Pally build since renewal. Does anyone know if there one handed sword pally are any good compare to one handed spear pally. Please advice.

#22 cmartell

cmartell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:44 AM

It seems as though a lot of people are going for AGI Pally build since renewal. Does anyone know if there one handed sword pally are any good compare to one handed spear pally. Please advice.

A one handed sword Paladin? I guess that would be a Rapid Smiting build..........

I'm not sure if this is still good advice for Renewal but last I knew, you want a 2 race card, 2 Andre card Blade [4] to boost Rapid Smiting damage. You also want a Cross Shield.

Again, this may have changed for Renewal. I haven't looked into Rapid Smiting changes yet but I'm assuming the formula hasn't changed that drastically.

Martyrs Reckoning would be the other build that uses a one handed sword. Unless you want to spam potions every time you attack I suggest not going that route.

Edited by cmartell, 23 May 2011 - 01:46 AM.

#23 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:17 AM

Well the annoying thing about renewal is that while Str is useful, the weapon you use matters so much more. More if it has been upgraded or even over upgraded. The link below is how atk is now calculated. The one thing to keep in mind about str now though is you do not have to keep it in multiples of 10.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/ATK

Keep in mind now that every 5 Dex and 3 Luk also gives you +1 Atk.

Also if you are on Valky server make sure you get some Enriched Oridecon and upgrade that Hellfire to +4 asap. each upgrade gives you +7 atk upto +4. Just do a survey on warp portal to get the points.

So if I have 50 dex and 30 Luk I will get a total of +30 ATK? Can someone confirm this?

#24 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

So if I have 50 dex and 30 Luk I will get a total of +30 ATK? Can someone confirm this?

50 Dex /5 = +10 ATK
30 Luk /3 = +10 ATK

NO. You would NOT get +30 ATK but only +20 ATK from those stats.

#25 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

Was wondering does Spear Quicken work on 1h spears aswell?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users