EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

Was wondering does Spear Quicken work on 1h spears aswell?

Of course it does. However you will still lose some Attack speed if you wear a shield with that.

My 103 RG loses about 3 atk speed if he equips a shield while using Spear Quicken. Both 1&2H spears have the same atk speed though for him. Don't remember if this was always the cast though.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 20 August 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#27 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Of course it does. However you will still lose some Attack speed if you wear a shield with that.

My 103 RG loses about 3 atk speed if he equips a shield while using Spear Quicken. Both 1&2H spears have the same atk speed though for him. Don't remember if this was always the cast though.

Hmm if it's only 3 at speed that's much of a loss if you're wanting to use racial shields to level.
Also what are some good 1h Spears to use? I can only think of a Battle Hook for the stun effect or Hunting Spear of course but I'm too poor for that. :)

Edited by Psychogenik, 20 August 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#28 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hmm if it's only 3 at speed that's much of a loss if you're wanting to use racial shields to level.
Also what are some good 1h Spears to use? I can only think of a Battle Hook for the stun effect or Hunting Spear of course but I'm too poor for that. :)

Well here's the thing. When lvling via Spear quicken it's best to use 2H spears and ctrl click. Like Crescent Scythe (180ATK Neutral +10 Hit +30 Critical!) or Hellfire(200ATK FIRE) Or Zephyrus (170ATK WIND)for the major bonus in Atk strength.

These all have comparable attack to Hunting Spear (180ATK Neutral) and most are quite a bit cheaper. My favorite of these 3 is the Crescent Scythe due to the massive boost to critical, with Spear Quicken giving +30 at max and the +30 from CS you automatically have 60% Critical hits. I usually add just 30 base Luk and that ups it to 70%.

Usually you use Racial Shields while mobbing but Crusaders are quite poor at that unless they waste points in Shield skills. Keep in mind that with a 2 Handed Spear as well Holy Cross does DOUBLE DAMAGE for a 900% atk at lvl 10.

Best leveling Sader/Agi skill build is as follows:

Spear Quicken & Mastery 20
Peco Ride & Mastery 6
Faith 10
Holy Cross 10

Spend last 3 points anywhere you want they don't matter.

When I trans'd I kept this same build for leveling, I just used the extra skill points to work on the Shield tree so I would be ready for the RG skills. Here is the current skill build of my RG at level 103/17, I did make a mistake with Moonslasher that I will fix later with a Neuralizer but not important atm. The fact is that until you get OverBrand you are going to be leveling the same way you were pre 3rd pretty much.

#29 Lee954

Lee954

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Trans'ing is huge. Its more then just skills, although skills is a huge part.

Going trans will give you the following benefits.

- 100 extra stat points (you get this at level 1)
- 20 extra skill points for Pally/Crusader, total of 69 (compared to 49)
- +20% more HP/SP (I think its 20 or 25%, I forget)

Also with the new exp tables in renewal going 1-99 trans is basically the same amount of exp as 1-99 non trans. It is a little more, but nothing like the old 3 times as much.

You've already put a lot of time and effort into this, by not going trans your going to end up with an under-par RG. I see no reason to skip trans, unless your a baby character (then you have to).

Also forgot that you can get some crazy good skills too. Gloria D will take away 40% of the opponents sp, thats still useful. BC is kinda useless unless you have it as a slave pally/RG. MR is useless too. Rapid smite though is super cool! I can get 40k damage (gloomy) with 1 str, no lex, and no inspiration. If you added inspiration and lex then I could easily break 120k damage with 1 str. Rapid smite will still be semi useful as a RG.

I know RS is useful for the meantime but why many are still leveling anPVPing with Martyr's Reckoning and WOEing with Martyrs Reckoning, take Inspi,Vanguard Force, To atleast Get HP increasing Gears like MoH Turkey on Head (overupgraded), when you have the guts to atleast get a TGK card, TGK scroll to double MR DMG to max like 35K+ MR dmg, but I use RS for lwveling in he meantime

#30 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

We don't have dumb overpowered tao gunka scrolls here in iRO... and this thread has not been active for the last 2 years.

#31 Lee954

Lee954

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

We don't have dumb overpowered tao gunka scrolls here in iRO... and this thread has not been active for the last 2 years.

Oh S*** I'm so screwed XD (Facepalm)

#32 unaz

unaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

Are agi saders still viable? I want a melee agi char but dont like the thief classes :P

#33 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

Indeed they are, I just recently leveled a Spear Crusader to 85 without problems and one of the top DPS Royal Guard Builds is Over Brand which relies on high aspd skill spam with good spears.

#34 unaz

unaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

Indeed they are, I just recently leveled a Spear Crusader to 85 without problems and one of the top DPS Royal Guard Builds is Over Brand which relies on high aspd skill spam with good spears.

Nice! Very gear dependant i guess? I have old good agi gears from looooooooooong ago, +5 green boots, mocking muffler and some clips with agicard stuff but no spears, around 3m to use so im pretty poor.

#35 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

I would recommend you take a look at Hayroh's MVP Royal Guard. It says MVP Build but it can be considered a general PvM Build as well.

http://forums.warppo...cbattlesupport/

#36 unaz

unaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

I would recommend you take a look at Hayroh's MVP Royal Guard. It says MVP Build but it can be considered a general PvM Build as well.

http://forums.warppo...cbattlesupport/

Thank you!

This is my char now, doing solo turn-in quests in Juno.

Is there anything i should aim for right now with my gear? Im still poor, around 3m on my merchant.

http://imgur.com/wmSPqyq

#37 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

I am not very knowledgable with Agi Crusaders per se, but I often heard getten a Crescent Scythe would be a good idea for a Agi Build.

Since you are doing the Bounty Boards anyway, I would recommend repeatly doing the Goat and Grand Peco Bountys and loot all the Blue Herbs, Wind of Verdure and Oranges to sell them later.

#38 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

[mod]Please make a new thread rather than necroing old ones![/mod]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users