Classic September 1st Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic September 1st Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

Most of this week we are meeting with the kRO development team, who are in office to talk with us with our suggestions and their suggestions for developing and improving our iRO service. Due to this, we will be doing a light maintenance this week. 

Moscovia Kafra Girl, having returned from her vacation last week. Now no longer has a hang over and will assist users.
Spooky Machine Departs for a month. It will return in October with spookier spooks.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

I see the assassins have failed.

#3 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

Until when will the GH spotlight be?

#4 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Until AK cards go down to 10m

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

Until when will the GH spotlight be?

It should go for 3 weeks more

#6 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

Don't forget, the Champion vs Champion tournament is right around the corner! There is still time to sign up ^_^

https://forums.warpp...6/#entry2497178

#7 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Just tell me if there's no chance of lunatic hat coming to classic so I can quit this damn server

#8 shidobelgica

shidobelgica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

i might missed out on last couple maint topic with all those spams but is the option for savage bebe headgear on renewal transfer to classic talked yet?

#9 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:16 PM

i might missed out on last couple maint topic with all those spams but is the option for savage bebe headgear on renewal transfer to classic talked yet?

Yup. I already had mine transferred and so do some others I see in server. Campitor has already mentioned about it here https://forums.warpp...r/#entry2495321

Edited by teresias, 30 August 2016 - 10:18 PM.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:14 PM

Yes! Get signed up for the Champ v Champ tournament! (assuming the maps are ready and working) - sign ups will close 15mins before start time.

Oda you're up to owing me 4 hats for art contests now. I'm keeping a tally.

Spam = people answering Oda about spotlights and asking about hat prizes and spotlight duration? It's 3 pages! Heaven forbid you try renewal, your majesty. No need to insult other people in such an underhanded way! Just because people are asking/talking about things that aren't related to you doesn't mean it's "Spam".

So I have a few things.

Are you guys gonna fix the 2 emblem bugs? The one where they sometimes won't set and the other where they vanish on a second client?

Is anything going to be done about the general toxicity in WoE? Or is it going to take another collage and a public thread slamming classic for being so disgusting?

God item dupe check when?

Social content for playerbase boosting when?

WoE fixes when? There's literally only one point of competition on Classic WoE and that's on sundays between haves and have nots. Everything else is free.

Will we get a new renewal server and/or transfer? I want to play renewal (for the above reasons) but catching up with the current status quo is too hard and it would be easier to learn all the new stuff experienced episode by episode.

Edited by Xellie, 31 August 2016 - 12:01 AM.

#11 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:25 AM

Renewal transfer would be huge. Classic to renewal and renewal to classic. Because of WoE:TE there is actually quite a bit of interest from Chaos players in Classic WoE.

#12 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

Oda could you answer my PM (from Aug 17th) please ? It must have been lost somewhere in the stream.

#13 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Will we get a new renewal server

Yes plz. I'd love to play on a new server. Renewal or classic, doesn't really matter.

learn all the new stuff experienced episode by episode

imo this would be a huge plus for classic players (from iRO or otherwise) wanting to try renewal.

Edited by 1756492860, 31 August 2016 - 02:52 PM.

#14 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

I find it mildly interesting that I get shot down when I bring up transfers to renewal, however I guess it's okay when other players suggest it.

It's a bit absurd to expect the GM's to manage ANOTHER new renewal server. They can't even manage the servers they have currently.  What makes you all think they can handle one more?

I'd be fine with just transferring a couple of my characters and cute hats to chaos. 

#15 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

Just tell me if there's no chance of lunatic hat coming to classic so I can quit this damn server

#yesforcutehats

:D

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:05 AM

I find it mildly interesting that I get shot down when I bring up transfers to renewal, however I guess it's okay when other players suggest it.

It's a bit absurd to expect the GM's to manage ANOTHER new renewal server. They can't even manage the servers they have currently.  What makes you all think they can handle one more?

I'd be fine with just transferring a couple of my characters and cute hats to chaos. 

The situation has changed quite a lot since you mentioned it. You also talked about transferring to renewal, not a new server. Anyhow the reason you get shot down is because your replies tend to be more about who said it and the people around you than the situation - so I'm going to elaborate on why I posted what I did.

Back when you posted, even I saw hope for classic. Things were slightly starting to look up. New guilds were popping up, the population was increasing, guilds were starting to fight each other. The general ingame toxicity was pretty much gone.

Now tho, the new guilds are vanishing as holidays/school/new jobs begin to take their players. They simply merge into other guilds or aim to gvg in an empty corner. We have guilds that refuse to fight others not based on what gear they have, but on who they are. Simply put, Classic is now too small for that. I don't want to get into the details too much but I have a front row seat of how that very behaviour will simply magnify Classic's problems in the near future to an irreparable situation. This isn't true of all guilds, it's just as much of a problem when guilds are relying on others to do the work for them via alliances etc.

The point of WoE is to fight for these items - not be gifted them. And by that I mean via alliances, or merging or... being ignored.

Anyway that's just the WoE side of things, I've spent quite a bit of time around the renewal community the last couple of weeks and also I absolutely cannot get to grips with the idea of renewal itself - I do find it a much pleasant server to be on - not because of the population amount, but because it's not populated by bitter, cantankerous old players on a server that is small enough to spread poison and ruin it for everyone.  Classic is just a couple of groups relying on a group each and then being visited between pservers. There's been no real interest in even acknowledging the problems let alone fixing them.... If anything I'm of the impression the staff are making it worse, either intentionally or not. Well Gravity is the most effective way to bring something down after all.

But why a new server instead of a transfer? Frankly for me its too much to learn all at once. My gear is stuck pre-mora. The server's combined age is older than I am personally in terms of items and zeny. There's just so much stuff that it's hard to know where to begin. It's not really about competing, it's about being able to learn the game and experience it in the stages that were missed on classic, one at a time instead of this overflow of information. I'm not alone in this feeling.

Also it's renewal, so they would just have to slide the updates in with little customization and kRO might give a damn. They wouldn't have to learn the differences in mechanics, it would be so much easier than classic....

Events would be mostly compatible, I could go on....

Normally I'm pretty accurate with predictions as to how things will play out when it comes to the server/community/updates on classic. I have like 60 "I told you so"s under my belt and as a player I don't think that I should be having to worry about not playing as to assist with the server not being terrible. I, as a player, should want to log in and spend time and money on the game, not think "If my guild actually succeeds in X then lol Y happens and it means the server is boned"

yup, I know tldr; a new renewal server is better than a classic reset or a new classic server

#17 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:17 AM

I would play on a fresh new Renewal server (or a reset Classic) and i'm sure many people that have had a hate for renewal would also give it a try. A classic reset with all the changes I have in mind would be better, but that wont happen as my ideas are unrealistic.

Just don't do it anytime soon! with Legion hype and all /heh

#18 andrewheins

andrewheins

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

I was going to ask about the Classic to Renewal transfers as well. Glad it's getting play here. I can understand not allowing Renewal to Classic, but going from Classic to Renewal makes sense.

I only came back to the game a few months ago, and thought "I'll play on Classic, because it's closer to what I knew". I'm certainly enjoying the game, but I was thinking I might want to try some of the new content. Unfortunately, that requires starting again from scratch, which is a bit of a bummer.

Also, just in case I'm missing something, is there a roadmap of planned content changes to Classic, or is Classic a time capsule that will never change?

#19 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:02 AM

Takes longer to go from 1-99 trans on renewal (unless prize medals) for established players. I see nothing wrong with bringing a renewal character (no gears) to classic.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

Takes longer to go from 1-99 trans on renewal (unless prize medals) for established players. I see nothing wrong with bringing a renewal character (no gears) to classic.

Seriously nothing wrong with this at all.

#21 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

Classic's maintenance will be done at 5pm instead of 2pm (we're still in meetings) 

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:54 AM

OH GEE THANKS FOR THE WARNING

#CANCELLEDOKOLNIRRUN #WHOCARESABOUTEUROPE

#23 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

any chance guildless players will be punished in woe?

#24 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

Well Gravity is the most effective way to bring something down after all.

Oooo, burn! From what I watched of the Sonic Boom tv show I really liked it, reminded me of good ol' Sonic X.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

Oooo, burn! From what I watched of the Sonic Boom tv show I really liked it, reminded me of good ol' Sonic X.

totally not on topic but I can't wait for season 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users