#1 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

can we make bloody roar use mana instead of % max hp? This skill is bread and butter for overlords in pvp and pve. This skill prevents overlords from stacking hp considerably since it drains more hp than a potion could help once you reach a high level. Yes this skill increases damage by killing yourself but when I spend 50-70% hp to kill an afk player with me using top level gear it doesn't seem right. Most skills toggle skills uses mana and isn't a problem for most players.

This isn't a matter of the "skill or ability to judge and toggle it in the correct time". The dps of this class is lower than other classes and the toggle is 30 seconds long. This is a matter of an important skill that prevents stacking a stat, which is against normal mmo logic.

Edited by Agitodesu, 31 August 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#2 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:26 PM

The use of hp is fine they just need some kind of sustain to get the hp lost

I Guess is better to give invoker 20 healing skills and leave the other classes with 0 sustain  :p_sick:

#3 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

Losing 3000 hp per second is no joke. A potion can't even recover that type of thing.

#4 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:That one

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

Skills that cause a continuous drain sure are toxic '-'

I forgot about that Bloody Roar, yet I complained once about Summoners' Mana Burn.

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:47 PM

Think losing hp is what makes that skill interesting. Just make it cost less hp.

#6 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:32 AM

the idea was good on paper 

+ 80% pure damage for the cost of hp on the character with biggest weapon base damage would be brutal

but in reality shaman invoker and destroyed deal way more dps even with that skill on

so the problem is the overlord skill base damage not bloody roar

I still think bloody roar should get life steal (5%/10%) lifesteal when bloody is on so we coud  recover the lost hp and no need the  slow heal to counter the cost

#7 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:04 AM

Think losing hp is what makes that skill interesting. Just make it cost less hp.

It may be niche but it outweighs the cost. Having a % hp affects players who want to have hp to pve or especially pvp. Flat hp affects early game players that don't have much health to begin with, however mana isn't a detrimental stat because you don't die when that hits 0.

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:02 AM

A small % is fine though. For a lower geared player it can just be insignificant, they need the edge anyway. For a higher geared player it would be noticeable but not horrible.

I'd be fine with making this skill be what gives overlords their dmg, basically making the class have an interesting thing where stacking hp effectively gives more dmg. So in that case just keep it as is but make it give tons more atk, so much that it on overlords deal at least destroyer dmg. Or make it drain even more and give summoner dmg. Though lack of healing would be a problem.

Edited by Precrush, 01 September 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#9 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

What if it was calculated from base hp? With adjusted percentage of course.

Edit: It would be kind of flat value(?) but at least less than the current one.

Edited by Nobbye, 01 September 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#10 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

Not bad

#11 7186170606141444160

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

Love the life steal idea :p_idea:

the idea was good on paper 

+ 80% pure damage for the cost of hp on the character with biggest weapon base damage would be brutal

but in reality shaman invoker and destroyed deal way more dps even with that skill on

so the problem is the overlord skill base damage not bloody roar

I still think bloody roar should get life steal (5%/10%) lifesteal when bloody is on so we coud  recover the lost hp and no need the  slow heal to counter the cost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users