Does holy armor still reduce Grand Cross damage? (And other GC questions!) - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Does holy armor still reduce Grand Cross damage? (And other GC questions!)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aeriavenustas

aeriavenustas

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

Long time iRO player returning here, and I want to start up a Crusader. I've always wanted to try the Grand Cross build but the equips prevented me from doing so. I noticed that Angeling cards are super cheap now (compared to what they were around 2010 when I stopped playing). There's always the budget archdam card set too.

I've looked at some other topics on GC in this forum and it seems that it's changed a lot in renewal.

I'm almost purely going to be PvM (might mess around in PvP but probably not WoE). Is it still viable for mobbing in PvM? I've always hated grinding monsters 1 on 1 (had a DD sin that basically lived in TI pre-renewal).

Also, what is the optimal GC weapon now? When I played it was a double Zipper Bear Haedonggum (or maybe Bazerald? I forget which).

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks. :)

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

Reduces the self damage, not the fixed hp drain afaik(i could be wrong and it nullifies all dmg)

For general purpose i like rwc knife+pendant+ring. It gives a quite generous amount of both atk and matk for GC. Other than that my guess is for specialized weapons, with high atk/lvl and slots. Like RTE for example.

#3 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:46 PM

yuppp, it nullifies "inflicts a third of the damage to the user. " but theres still 20% hp cost penalty per cast

also

• Though a Hybrid skill, it seems to scale far better with INT as the main stat and High weapon attack better than having high Str and low Int (Ex: 50 str/90 Int with a decently high gear attack damage will hit harder than 90 Str/50 int with the same weapon).

ummm Piety ( royal guard skill ) is better maybe , so you can use either agav / porc / amdarais / whatever you want lol 

becareful this skill hits so hard on you,  you can try it by yourself  if you have high weapon atk, decent geared, high matk as well but no holy armor to nullify the third of the damage, or even low max Hp

you will find this skill is just want to kill you everytime you cast it  :heh: 

worse case you will stuck with lv 5-6 GC for leveling  :p_hi:

Edited by Silvianna, 31 August 2016 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users